Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Fayose's Account Freezing , History Repeating Itself - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose's Account Freezing , History Repeating Itself (590 Views)

Court Summons EFCC For Freezing Fayose's Account / How EFCC Traced 1.3billion NSA Funds To Fayose's Account In Picture / Why We Froze Gov. Fayose's Account - EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fayose's Account Freezing , History Repeating Itself by DaBullIT(m): 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2016
@facebook
For those shouting Witch hunt and Persecution of PDP members

Constitution as amended in 1999 states every new administration must probe the previous one , that is nonnegotiable , Unfortunately PDP and their padi padi government failed to do that

Secondly A sitting governor's account freezing ? this has happened before

What!? You mean you have forgotten? Then, let me refresh your memory. You see, exactly 2 years ago, on June 20th 2014, our own EFCC froze Murtala Inyako's account. He was, at the time, still sitting as the governor of Adamawa State. He had immunity too.

The government of the day argued, that his account must be frozen so that proper investigation can be carried out, and so that he will not be sble to move monies that were supposedly belonging to that poor state out of the account. In fact, I made two posts supporting that government, for going after the man's account through EFCC.

That account is still locked down till today. Baba Nyako was (still is) unable to access that account. In fact, the next ruling for the care to de-freeze of Baba Mai Mangoro's account will be tomorrow, June 22, 2016; exactly 2 years and 1 day. Let Fayose go to court and get his bank account de-frozen. He needs the money like plant needs water. I heard "he is not a barawo". We don't want him to go hungry. Do we?

Oh, so you remember? Then if you want to criticize this government, please do. But don't say, "This is the only government that is witch-hunting opposition". I didn't see that one as witch-hunt. I'll not see this one as so. There was precedent in this 16 year old democracy, set by PDP in 2014.

You can even pretend to care so much about values by saying, "But two wrongs don't make no right". But please, do not insult our memory and intelligence by saying, "This is the first time...". It is not. And stop saying "We are drifting towards dictatorship" because of this case, when for the same reason we didn't in 2014.

Oh, you mean you don't even know? Okay, now you do. Don't you think he deserved fair hearing too? Oh, you know but don't give a damn because he is not a member of PDP? okay, may God save us from you. But I don't like your double-standard. I supported it in 2014. I'm supporting it in 2016.

TonyeBarcanista, Omenka , lalasticlala
Re: Fayose's Account Freezing , History Repeating Itself by tritt(m): 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
Get your facts right. EFCC froze Adamawa's state ACCOUNT not the Governor's (Murtala Nyako)personal ACCOUNT.
So don't come here to spew trash.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/150201/1/efcc-freezes-adamawa-state-accounts-nyako.html

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/163236-efcc-froze-adamawas-account.html

(1) (Reply)

See The View Of NIGERIA To The World / PHOTOS: Gov. Ikpeazu Inspects Ongoing Road Contruction In Abia / Photos: Buratai Flag Off NADCEL 2016 Environmental Sanitation Excercise In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.