Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? (12416 Views)

How Much Does An Estate Surveyor And Valuers Earn Per Month In Nigeria / How Much Does A Surveyor Earn Per Month In Naija / Who Knows How Valid This Is? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Tolexander: 10:56am On Jun 27, 2016
mkoabiola:

HND ,Accounting.
When is d nx intake?
I'm not sure if the school admits from that field. I'm sure of geography, physics, geology, URP and Mathematics. Minimum of 2.2 grade sha.

The latest students admitted are currently writing their first semester exam and should be through this week.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by salvo583: 11:09am On Jun 27, 2016
moendowed:
Thank u all for your contributons but I already have B.SC in geography and regional planning, so what do u think I should do next? A masters in surveying or go for school of surveying
You can obtain a PPD form (Pre Professional Diploma) of 2 semesters in FSS Oyo, if you pass you can then proceed with the PD which has a duration of 3 semesters making 5 semesters in all.
You may also go for your PGD and M.sc in Surveying/Geoinfomatics. I would recommend UniLag.
Dunno how true it is, but i learnt the PD (from other fields)of FSS Oyo has a slight edge at the council compared to the M.Sc (from other fields). Like i said, it could be an hoax
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Realrex(m): 11:21am On Jun 27, 2016
come to university of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)am presently studying the course there. men u have a lot to gain
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by DifferentBoy1(m): 11:23am On Jun 27, 2016
moendowed:
So am planning on taking a career path in surveying but don't know where to start, so pls if u have any ideas about where to start pls kindly share.

I'm a surveyor...... You will study it in school and after that, join the "NIS" (national Institute of survey),there you go..... If your want to go further being a registered surveyor that signs plan, then you will sit for NIS professional exams.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 27, 2016
I'm a Surveying student in UNN, Surveying is a nice course but be prepared for Advanced MATHS & PHYSICS, It's not easy here, No sorting, Everything is on Merit, 5 year course, 1 year NYSC, 2 years with a Licenced surveyor so as to help u write Professional exams to enable u get registered as a licenced surveyor if u pass.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Bunnatex(m): 11:43am On Jun 27, 2016
knacker:
Get admitted into Surveying n Geoinformatics (poly preferably )
am in my Finals now @fed poly oko
den after DAT u stay 2yrs pupilage with a registered surveyor den go for exams to be registered

surveying is juicy
and its d bedrock of any sustainable development
Yea OKo poly does it well... Am studying Accountancy there but SUG rocks wella and their lecturers are real good. Most of them Are registered..
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Gabrielwilliams(m): 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
highskies:
You need to apply for surveying and geoinformatics in any of the federal Universities in Naija. Its should take you five years to complete a degree eg:futminna.

After service, you will have to serve housemanship under a registered surveyor for 4years I believe. He will then nominate you for your own registration as a registered surveyor.

Check OSGOF website for more details.
it is called Pupilage, n its for 3 years not 4. #ablesurveyor
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by knacker(m): 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
Bunnatex:

Yea OKo poly does it well... Am studying Accountancy there but SUG rocks wella and their lecturers are real good. Most of them Are registered..
wow gud one bro
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by kapai(m): 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
knacker:
den after DAT u stay 2yrs pupilage with a registered surveyor den go for exams to be registered

surveying is juicy

Can u add me up on whatsapp need to discuss with u...07032316780
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by highskies(m): 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
Thanks. I'm actually an Engineer.

Dated a surveyor in the past.

Gabrielwilliams:
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Gabrielwilliams(m): 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
highskies:

ahh... and u left her? a whole surveyor!!!we r special o
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by highskies(m): 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
She left me. :-D

Gabrielwilliams:
ahh... and u left her? a whole surveyor!!!we r special o
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by adebayosun02: 10:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
moendowed:
Thank u all for your contributons but I already have B.SC in geography and regional planning, so what do u think I should do next? A masters in surveying or go for school of surveying
This is Owolabi Habeeb, I guess.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by adebayosun02: 10:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
highskies:
You need to apply for surveying and geoinformatics in any of the federal Universities in Naija. Its should take you five years to complete a degree eg:futminna.

After service, you will have to serve housemanship under a registered surveyor for 4years I believe. He will then nominate you for your own registration as a registered surveyor.

Check OSGOF website for more details.

Please paragraph 2 & 3 is NOT correct.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by virtual3xpert: 11:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
please guys, I need to become an associate member of NIS but I've never attended any of the meetings. Can anyone help me out? I need guarantors. Thanks
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by adebayosun02: 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
Gabrielwilliams:
Please be informed that the PUPILAGE period is 2years, not 3years as u said
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by adebayosun02: 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
salvo583:

You can obtain a PPD form (Pre Professional Diploma) of 2 semesters in FSS Oyo, if you pass you can then proceed with the PD which has a duration of 3 semesters making 5 semesters in all.
You may also go for your PGD and M.sc in Surveying/Geoinfomatics. I would recommend UniLag.
Dunno how true it is, but i learnt the PD (from other fields)of FSS Oyo has a slight edge at the council compared to the M.Sc (from other fields). Like i said, it could be an hoax
B. Sc. Geogr. Will qualify for PGD & not M.Sc
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by adebayosun02: 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
Gabrielwilliams:
Please be informed that the PUPILAGE period is 2years, not 3years as u said
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 28, 2016
A Human Resource / Real Estate Consulting Firm in Lagos needs the services of a Business Analyst, Commission Agent, Sales Representative, Marketers, Public Relation Officer and a Cleaner. Interested canditates should call to know the mood of application 07031972866, 07086560323. candidates must be well presentable. Qualification: SSCE OND HND B.Sc
Note: This is a direct employment all candidates must reside in lagos.
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by Gabrielwilliams(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
highskies:

aww.. so sorrry.. we like to form busy n all.. dont mind her, ur wife is jx aroun the corner. she aint the one for u
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by themmyzee(m): 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
osegun24:
Hi, it's quite simple

You apply for admission in a uni or poly offering Surveying and Geoinformatics
I would advise that you try to get a uni so as to save you the two years you would need to do a PDG if you graduated from a poly
while in school you can join NIS as a student member or once you graduate join as an associate member
upon completion of NYSC apply to start pupilage with an already registered Surveyor for two years with SURCON
Upon completion you would be qualified to write the exams
if you pass you would be official inducted as a registered SURVEYOR.
may I ask pls, to join NIS as a student what are the procedures?
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by kazyhm(m): 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2016
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by kapai(m): 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
knacker:
sorry i could reach you again,pls do me a favor and send me a text.Am in town nw Get admitted into Surveying n Geoinformatics (poly preferably )

surveying is juicy
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by kapai(m): 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2016
pls send me a text indicating ur the N'land surveyor.Am in town nw we can as well finishup that project
knacker:

surveying is juicy
knacker:

surveying is juicy
Re: Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? by knacker(m): 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2023
kapai:
pls send me a text indicating ur the N'land surveyor.Am in town nw we can as well finishup that project
Hello

(1) (2) (Reply)

Requirement Needed For Studying Nursing @ USA / My Internship Experience: A Journey To Self Realization / I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.