Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos (45625 Views)

Atiku Visits Silverbird Cinema As Ben Bruce Welcomes Him(photo) / PHOTOS: Atiku Opens Chicken Cottages At Silverbird Cinema / AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by DrHighchief(m): 3:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
DjAndroid:
But why is it that its only PDP faithful that are victims of this corruption fight? Adonbilivit!
Because they v been in power for d past 16yrs. They were in charge of our yams.

6 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by martineverest(m): 3:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nukilia:
Can somebody kindly explain this? cool

Guess we are gradually going back to the MILITARY ERA undecided
its not....he s owing huge amount of money he borrow in order for him to establish his business and he cant pay back....same thing happened to ifeanyi uba,but he used gej connection to escape....

3 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Jokkarm: 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
Mr comon sense, in all the noise you make on TV and radio, you still did not pay your tax. After all the pop corn you were selling for 800.00. In fact when you went to America to publish your book was when I knew you have no sense as you claim you make comon sense.
Let me hear again saying you just want to make a comon sense.
Go and pay your tax mr brusssss

4 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Bbdot(m): 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
upon all the sweet talks of bruce, so he be cronic debtor make amcon sell his galleria and give him change

1 Like

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by SUGARDADDY55(m): 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2016
Street don take over.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by EJUDE(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
kai abeg no give am the hot slap ontop the hypertension the bad economy dey give him now
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by boss1310(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
Adekorya:

It seems some people stake their common sense and sense of good reasoning on Jonathan to win last year general election, because aftermath the election some certain fellows have been unable to reason logically.
go and play BET9JA wey u sabi if the the thing pain you like that
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by dazzlinglyme: 3:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
so na true wen i first hear am i been think say na rumor
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Minemrys: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
veekid:
Are we still practising democrazy in Nigeria? ?
no we are practising Buharicrazy. Lolx.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
boss1310:
once you are not a supporter of this government you will be witch hunted whether through legal on non legal means.
Nigeria has been"changed"back to military era where supporters are compensated while the opposition are foods for the EFCC yet some people approves it just to win their arguments of being in a particular political party.let's be patriotic and leave tribal and partisan affiliations to our ancestors cos that's why Nigeria is still where it is today
I support fighting corruption and anything that is against the law but it mustn't be on a selected few,I personally don't like any political party in this country as they are all full of greedy opportunist but what is been done to opposition now is very appalling.
if you support marginalized method of fighting corruption it might be your turn tomorrow
The company of Ifeanyi Uba was taken over by AMCON in 2014 and later returned. Was Uba also opposing the Jonathan led government?

3 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by bologiabdul(m): 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
DjAndroid:
But why is it that its only PDP faithful that are victims of this corruption fight? Adonbilivit!
who are those in power for16 yrs?
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by smoothlips(m): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
googlepikins:
is dangote not owing banks. We the SS people are the only people Buhari want to eliminate. We shall see.
You are ignorant.
The issue involved here is not corruption, the issue is purely business related if you have a non performing bank loan AMCON is empowered to seize ur asset in other to recover the loan nothing political atall

3 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Youngzedd(m): 3:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
DjAndroid:

I give up.

Chai! Nigerians grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Galaxies90(m): 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
satelliteDISH:
So this common sense general no dey pay tax. How he come take owe over N11billion? Breeze don dey blow fowl yansh open.
I tell you. Yawa don gas.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by gozmok1(m): 3:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
Frankyboy1:
I am happy to live in an era where the rich also cry and pay for their misdeeds while here on earth! God bless the day i voted right, God bless PMB the unshakable hater of corruption! Meanwhile Amcon is not under the presidency watch
WHY YOU COME THE HAIL THE ILLITERATE PRESIDENT NA?
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by pimoski: 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
AMCON making common sense...that is what you get when you fail to pay the N11 billion debt u are owning...

Drinking my beer with bread.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Baylam(m): 3:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
Seconded
beatzone:
Illiteracy now takes the front seat in Nigeria. This generation is a failure, just like the past.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Ademusiwa1: 3:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
1acre:
I saw them this mornining ooo, 4 men in Black suite at about 7.00 am, if I knew I would have gone to beg them...

Uncles please na, because of Toke Makinwa, have mercy !!!!

[size=28pt]
What does toke Makinwa have to do with Ben Bruce, they are not related, in anyway.

Ben Bruce is ijaw, toke Makinwa is yoruba. Their lines don't cross.

t][/size]
grin
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by 4nobody4every1: 3:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
olapluto:

I sympathize with you. You do not understand what is going on around you, but you must talk, hence you pitch sides with the most simplistic side.

Here is what is going on:
1. Mr Ben Murray Bruce borrow money for bank. He use his companies as collateral. The loan is up to 10 Billion naira.
2. Mr common sense defaulted (i. e he did not pay back)
3. Government is taking over the collateral.
Nothing about military era. The people who will suffer the bad loan are the masses. Mr Bruce will not feel the pain one bit. Imagine UBA or Union bank closes because they cannot operate anymore. Imagine the number of poor Nigerians whose money will be gone. Will you prefer this happens or Mr Bruce pays his debt?
The government has done nothing wrong. If Mr. Bruce repays the loan tomorrow, it will be illegal for AMCON to still hold the building.
cool

5 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by tatucci: 3:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
But is Jimoh Ibrahim from the SS? Why do we think this is an SS agenda?

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Btruth: 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
googlepikins:
is dangote not owing banks. We the SS people are the only people Buhari want to eliminate. We shall see.
stop been sentimental. If Dangote owes too, you will see what will happen to him. Is Jimoh Ibrahim too from SS? He too was owing to the tune of over N50b. Why do we always support things that are not even beneficiary to us in this society, just because we think one government is not good. Is N11b a small money to overlook?

5 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by bedspread: 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
opuambe:
AMCON just want to make common sense grin grin grin grin
WORDS ON MARBLE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by smugmanuel(m): 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
satelliteDISH:
So this common sense general no dey pay tax. How he come take owe over N11billion? Breeze don dey blow fowl yansh open.
It's not all about tax but money the company borrowed from the bank. Guy please read the news before you comment.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by JuicyGee(f): 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
Adekorya:

It seems some people stake their common sense and sense of good reasoning on Jonathan to win last year general election, because aftermath the election some certain fellows have been unable to reason logically.

I tell you!! Its shocking the way some people reason. Common sense is not always common
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by bejeria101(m): 3:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
DjAndroid:

Does dis make sense to you sir? You run a business and allow your bills pile up to 11b naira? Who does that? Na wa o
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by bejeria101(m): 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
To the intellgent minds here,does dis make sense to you? You are running a biz and you let your bills pile up to 11b naira? Ok if BMB really had dis issue,the FIRS would come at him with the speed of lighting,but guess what they didnt instead na AMCON did they tell they had issues with their assets,are the shareholders complaining? Buhari clap for yourself.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by monex(m): 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
Frankyboy1:
I am happy to live in an era where the rich also cry and pay for their misdeeds while here on earth! God bless the day i voted right, God bless PMB the unshakable hater of corruption! Meanwhile Amcon is not under the presidency watch
this is not a corruption fight mister.

Your ignorance isn't different from those who scream political witch hunt !

you both think this is part of the fight against corruption.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by room089: 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
No wonder!

When I saw this Ben Bruce of a guy delve into politics, I knew he was being chased by unknown masquerade.

He has suceeded in securing a seat in the senate to stay afloat and relevant within the polity.

Is it not greediness, wickedness and barberic to take up a loan of 11 billion naira without servicing it?

Are you not in business to make profit?

Why would you deliberately want Union Bank to close shop when you keep expanding your businesses even beyond the shores of Nigeria?

Has any of your companies render any free services to us?

Even your cinema tickets are very costly, despite our complains don't we still pay for them, do you guys allow us to see movies on credit?

2 Likes

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by shokayz(m): 3:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nukilia:
Can somebody kindly explain this? cool

Guess we are gradually going back to the MILITARY ERA undecided

You just can't make common sense.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by afonja1stson(m): 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
I have so much believed in PMB, but the recent witch-hunt on the opposition my hands are fallen. I wonder if it's only members of the opposition that are corrupt? A year without an achievement is a waisted year. Hence, this administration is a complete waste. Even God forgives.
Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by KevinDein: 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
beatzone:
Illiteracy now takes the front seat in Nigeria. This generation is a failure, just like the past.
bro, the older generation, our present leaders, are a monumental failure. But the Nigerian youth of today is way worse. Who would have thought, eh? That anyone could actually beat our leaders in being downright asssses. I mean just read some of the comments on here. I just shake my head in disbelief.
Pfffft.

1 Like

Re: AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos by Musaspp(m): 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
The Asset Management Company of Nigeria took over this debt from old Union bank for management. No one should read political meaning to this issue. This is purely a debtor-banker issue. The debtor is Silver bird and not Ben bruce, the PDP Senator. The acquisition is based on a court ruling. Silver bird has the right of appeal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Carry Out Sanitation Exercise In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) / IDP, Aisha Umar Commits Suicide After Being ‘Raped By NGO Official’ / Many Injured As ‘MC Oluomo’ Loyalists, NURTW Clash In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.