Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup - Food (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup (35474 Views)

Poll: what would You Prefer?

Eguse Soup: 54% (104 votes)
Obgono Soup: 45% (87 votes)
This poll has ended

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2011
maclatunji:

@helpdoer, your picture of Ogbono soup is gross makes me want to throw-up!

You are yet to eat the real thing jare . . . . .
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by klift(m): 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2011
for me ooo egusi soup na im biko!wetin be ogbono for wia egusi soup and orisirisi of inu eran and pomo dey[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2011
klift:

for me ooo egusi soup na im biko!wetin be ogbono for wia egusi soup and orisirisi of inu eran and pomo dey[/color]

[color=#000099]You need to see the good ogbono being made . . . lol
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by WackyJ1(m): 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2011
Fhemmmy:

You need to see the good ogbono being made . . . lol
What can you say about the increasing gap that egusi is giving ogbono?
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2011
WackyJ1:

What can you say about the increasing gap that egusi is giving ogbono?

That is cos the people voting for egunsi are yet to eat the real ogbono, they have all being eating chinese made ogbono
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2011
^^^^ That plus they've made second profiles.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by WackyJ1(m): 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2011
Fhemmmy:

That is cos the people voting for egunsi are yet to eat the real ogbono, they have all being eating chinese made ogbono
So it's ogbono that gap chinese version. What of those who ate Chinese version of egusi and still thought it better, Talk Less of the real egusi,
ogugua88:

all just to vote for egusi? Then egusi must really be something,
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2011
ogugua88:

Dont mind all of them oh . . . .The election is being conducted by INEC
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2011
WackyJ1:

So it's ogbono that gap chinese version. What of those who ate Chinese version of egusi and still thought it better, Talk Less of the real egusi, all just to vote for egusi? Then egusi must really be something,

Na lie Jare . . .Ogbono is the best
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by WackyJ1(m): 10:03am On Sep 28, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Na lie Jare . . .Ogbono is the best
Lol,
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^ Abi now, cos all these INEC election is now making the Egunsi people feel funky . . . .ogbono all the way
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by edogram1(m): 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
So this tread is still on.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by tpia5: 4:16am On Jun 26, 2012
Hasnt been on since sept last year, until you decided to revive it.
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by desktop: 8:39pm On Dec 03, 2012
ogbono...hmmm...i remember when I was much younger I used to love ogbono so much my granddad used to call me ogbono man till that faithful day,
I was rushing the soup with semovita my mum just made when all of a sudden a piece of fishbone entered that corner of my throat we all know it wasnt meant to but somehow maybe from too much swimming in the ocean the fishbone somehow always ends up there.
come.and see yawa, water was comin out of my eyes, I was trying to throw up,for where?
Next thing my mum ran to the kitchen and whipped.up a.bowl of eba 'swallow this with no soup it will.push the bone down'...long thing! I swallowed a whole.bowl.of eba,.fish bone no gree commot. Eventually we gave up trying and the bloody thing was in my throat for about a week affecting everything I tried to swallow...God! Even when I remember it now ehn? I cringe. one day the thing just unhooked itself.from my throat and went down.
after that episode it was obvious ogbono didnt have a place in my destiny anymore than fish...took me almost 20 years before I started trying fish again even then it had to be the type that had big and fixed bone structures so I could.seperate it.
so by divine intervention egusi totally rocks...at least for not ever trying to kill me!
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by desktop: 8:40pm On Dec 03, 2012
ogbono...hmmm...i remember when I was much younger I used to love ogbono so much my granddad used to call me ogbono man till that faithful day,
I was rushing the soup with semovita my mum just made when all of a sudden a piece of fishbone entered that corner of my throat we all know it wasnt meant to but somehow maybe from too much swimming in the ocean the fishbone somehow always ends up there.
come.and see yawa, water was comin out of my eyes, I was trying to throw up,for where?
Next thing my mum ran to the kitchen and whipped.up a.bowl of eba 'swallow this with no soup it will.push the bone down'...long thing! I swallowed a whole.bowl.of eba,.fish bone no gree commot. Eventually we gave up trying and the bloody thing was in my throat for about a week affecting everything I tried to swallow...God! Even when I remember it now ehn? I cringe. one day the thing just unhooked itself.from my throat and went down.
after that episode it was obvious ogbono didnt have a place in my destiny anymore than fish...took me almost 20 years before I started trying fish again even then it had to be the type that had big and fixed bone structures so I could.seperate it.
so by divine intervention egusi totally rocks...at least for not ever trying to kill me!
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by desktop: 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by desktop: 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by desktop: 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by desktop: 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by desktop: 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by desktop: 8:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
Re: Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup by edogram1(m): 8:03am On Mar 13, 2013
Reviving, ogbono

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? / See The Goat Meat Pepper Soup I Made To Reciprocate Love To My Female Neighbor / Lady Warns People To Be Careful Of The Kind Of "Kponmo" They Buy (pic/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.