Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island (7724 Views)

Beware Of This Calculated Fraud. I Am A Victim. / Beware Of Fake Customs Recruitment (Photos) / This Is The Latest Ponzi Scheme Going On Right Now, Please Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 24, 2016
Hello Nairalanders!
I got a message from InCallNG below on tuesday 21st June 2016.

Hi *****, sometime ago; you applied for the position of customer service. Our clients are in need of the services of well trained customer service with salary up to 80K-120K monthly. Do NOT call if your expectations exceed this. Call Miss Gina 014407992 from 9am-5:30pm to determine eligibility.
I followed up by calling the number, and was asked to text my name and location to 09085690174 that i would receive information regarding the company's address before the end of the day for interview next day. They followed up by sending me a text from Gina:

Based our earlier discussion on phone, you are invited for an initial assessment with Miss Gina on Wednesday June 22. Bring an updated copy of your CV and passport photo, dress professionally as first impression matters. Come to Plot 634A, Adeyemo Alakija St,Victoria Island Lagos. 12pm.
On reaching the venue, i met some other job seekers. Waited for about 3hrs before it got to my turn. The interviewer asked me if i am currently employed, i said no. She started saying that they usually train people before giving them jobs and the training is not free. That for a 3day training it's 25k and for a 2weeks training it's 45k without certificate but if a candidate desires to get a cert he pays an xtra 15k.
I asked her the company they recruit for and she said its not their company policy to disclose. That they recruit for multinationals.
I asked her the difference between the trainings and she said 45k training gives a higher pay job than 25k training.
I asked her the deadline for payment, she said sameday. That even if you are not with full payment, one can show interest by paying any amount to fill their form.
I asked her if they have a website/flier so i could convince someone to pay for me and she said NO but sugested she spoke with him.
They have POS
They usually opened a back door for exit after their'interview'

Now my question is why call someone for an interview telling him to dress formal and end up telling him about a training he has done before?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by AleAirHub(m): 3:41am On Jun 24, 2016
Ftc

Mods Take Note
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by thelegend1(m): 3:47am On Jun 24, 2016
Kai naija
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by queenoflafia(f): 3:53am On Jun 24, 2016
Noted
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by Lattop(m): 3:59am On Jun 24, 2016
OP I Hope u no go borrow dat Official cloth wey u wear go d place because na dat one go pain u passgrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by MosakuAW(m): 4:06am On Jun 24, 2016
Where is the authority when you need them most.

Foolish people! Someone wey never chop dey look for job, the foolish people are talking about 45k for yeye training. I beg who training help.

No be person wey get work they do training. Nigeria is sick. We need a Doctor.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by mrbillz(m): 4:15am On Jun 24, 2016
Naija I dey hail oo shocked shocked
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by youngest85(m): 4:17am On Jun 24, 2016
martinefu:
Hello Nairalanders!
I got a message from InCallNG below on tuesday 21st June 2016.

Hi *****, sometime ago; you applied for the position of customer service. Our clients are in need of the services of well trained customer service with salary up to 80K-120K monthly. Do NOT call if your expectations exceed this. Call Miss Gina 014407992 from 9am-5:30pm to determine eligibility.
I followed up by calling the number, and was asked to text my name and location to 09085690174 that i would receive information regarding the company's address before the end of the day for interview next day. They followed up by sending me a text from Gina:

Based our earlier discussion on phone, you are invited for an initial assessment with Miss Gina on Wednesday June 22. Bring an updated copy of your CV and passport photo, dress professionally as first impression matters. Come to Plot 634A, Adeyemo Alakija St,Victoria Island Lagos. 12pm.
On reaching the venue, i met some other job seekers. Waited for about 3hrs before it got to my turn. The interviewer asked me if i am currently employed, i said no. She started saying that they usually train people before giving them jobs and the training is not free. That for a 3day training it's 25k and for a 2weeks training it's 45k without certificate but if a candidate desires to get a cert he pays an xtra 15k.
I asked her the company they recruit for and she said its not their company policy to disclose. That they recruit for multinationals.
I asked her the difference between the trainings and she said 45k training gives a higher pay job than 25k training.
I asked her the deadline for payment, she said sameday. That even if you are not with full payment, one can show interest by paying any amount to fill their form.
I asked her if they have a website/flier so i could convince someone to pay for me and she said NO but sugested she spoke with him.
They have POS
They usually opened a back door for exit after their'interview'

Now my question is why call someone for an interview telling him to dress formal and end up telling him about a training he has done before?

Am about to go 4 one today, i dnt knw if it's real or not.

See d message i got...

Dear Candidate, following your phone interview with us, you are hereby invited for an on-boarding session with TAAG Cleaning Services on Friday, June 24, 2016 by 2pm at 18 Unilag Road, Akoka - Yaba. Pls come with photocopies of your credentials and 2 passport photographs. Be punctual. Regards.
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by nonjebose(m): 4:49am On Jun 24, 2016
Na wa. Cutting corners. No website, yet you recruit for multinationals. The money paid for training determines the company that one can work for. Danger signs

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by ikbnice(m): 5:24am On Jun 24, 2016
They know that there are lots of job seekers out there desperate to get a job. So, they capitalize on that to swindle money out of them. They are fraudsters who would milk anxious jobseekers and disappear into the thin air. Not different from some companies who bring out bogus reqruitment where applicants buy scratch cards only for none to be employed. #7000 multiplied by 10000 applicants gives #70million. We need divine help ASAP in this country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by emmanuelbrown26: 6:05am On Jun 24, 2016
i weep for my country, then op next time, from the body of the message u will know, one no genuine company can give u 25hrs notice, every genuine agency or company always give atleast 2days notice, then they will put the position u applied for

1 Like

Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by hardbody: 6:41am On Jun 24, 2016
youngest85:

See d message i got...

Dear Candidate, following your phone interview with us, you are hereby invited for an on-boarding session with TAAG Cleaning Services on Friday, June 24, 2016 by 2pm at 18 Unilag Road, Akoka - Yaba. Pls come with photocopies of your credentials and 2 passport photographs. Be punctual. Regards.

On boarding means you have been recruited and already part of the system. It's a process of acclimatisation to formally fit into the system.so if they are relating on boarding to an interview process, run as if your life depends on it because it does.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by Bespiel: 7:38am On Jun 24, 2016
Good info
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by careercrew1: 8:23am On Jun 24, 2016
youngest85:

See d message i got...

This is why you should know how to detect a job scam before you go for any interview you didn't even apply for.

READ HERE to find out more: www.careercrew..com.ng/2016/06/5-ways-to-detect-job-scam.html
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by youngest85(m): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2016
hardbody:

On boarding means you have been recruited and already part of the system. It's a process of acclimatisation to formally fit into the system.so if they are relating on boarding to an interview process, run as if your life depends on it because it does.

U mean i should run 4 my life or run to grab d opportunity?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by Adeoba10(m): 8:50am On Jun 24, 2016
Mere seeing d salary range in d msg shld be enuf for u to knw dat dos useless ppl are scammer. That was how i was on d street one particular day doing my legal hustling when one dirty lady approached me, dat dia will be a seminar on sososo date, d seminar will be on how we can make it in life n live comfortably within a month. The next tin i asked her was that since when has she been organizing d seminar,?. bcus i dont see any difference between her n dos in IDP camp. See her toe nails, like 3 get paint, odas don wipe off, her handbag nko, na office pin she take gab am together. Awon oloriburuku somebody.

12 Likes

Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by davepepple83(m): 9:28am On Jun 24, 2016
I would like to advice everyone here to study the rules and regulations guiding JOBS here on the thread(i.e how to identify fake or Scam jobs).
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by MissIndependent(f): 9:38am On Jun 24, 2016
Adeoba10:
Mere seeing d salary range in d msg shld be enuf for u to knw dat dos useless ppl are scammer. That was how i was on d street one particular day doing my legal hustling when one dirty lady approached me, dat dia will be a seminar on sososo date, d seminar will be on how we can make it in life n live comfortably within a month. The next tin i asked her was that since when has she been organizing d seminar,?. bcus i dont see any difference between her n dos in IDP camp. See her toe nails, like 3 get paint, odas don wipe off, her handbag nko, na office pin she take gab am together. Awon oloriburuku somebody.
grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by femolala001(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2016
That was how someone called me this morning. I dont even know how he got my name and phone number because i cant remember applying to the so called company he mentioned.
He told me that he was staying in my area tyring to convince me that i gave him my number sometime ago.
From the way he was talking something kept telling me that it was a scam so i decided to play along so as to waste his airtime.
Then he asked me if i would be interested in a contract job with an attractive salary hoping i would fall for the bait. I asked his present location and some other questions inorder to keep wasting his airtime. After some minutes he told me to call him back and get pen and paper ready so he would tel me the job in details and the salary. I wished i av free airtime to waste, would have kept on teasing him. SCAMMERS ARE ERRYWHERE..

1 Like

Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by lisimmo(m): 10:44am On Jun 24, 2016
Scammers everywhere

1 Like

Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by djmojijaiye: 10:53am On Jun 24, 2016
You guys are not well informed at all, first of all the company is not a scam in anyway as you have clearly misled a lot of readers on Nairaland,

They engage in training of customer support agents and in turn refer them to companies where they can be gainfully employed. Initially when I read the story I was a bit confused but things are a bit clearer now.

How am I 100% sure that this is NOT a scam

I have a GF that trained with them April 2016,she was called to resume at a company at VI ,She paid for the same training like you whining like a kid here,attended the training for 10 days .... waited at home for some time till she was called to resume.

So where is the scam there ?

You pay for a training, they refer you to companies that need your services after the training.

My advise to anyone reading this is to ignore all negative comments and make an educated decision.

You have not made any point at all OP..... You are angry because you were made to wait? Pay ? or train ?

Goodluck to all job seekers

I am repeating what I have said in a earlier post
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by jkorakwue: 10:55am On Jun 24, 2016
Where is the Scam here ,.... dont get
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by SaintDav: 10:57am On Jun 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by tmonyekwe: 10:58am On Jun 24, 2016
Na wah
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by tmonyekwe: 10:58am On Jun 24, 2016
Reading this
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by jkorakwue: 10:59am On Jun 24, 2016
Viewing
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by mabelinah: 11:02am On Jun 24, 2016
will share mine in a bit
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by Airwoman: 11:04am On Jun 24, 2016
Will come back to read
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by jkorakwue: 11:06am On Jun 24, 2016
Where is the scam in all you mentioned ? The training or the money you were asked to pay ?
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by teekol: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2016
seen
Re: Beware Of 634A Adeyemo Alakija Victoria Island by mistatolu: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2016
Lets not misguide people,its so wrong

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Job Seeker? Have You Not Been Getting Invite, What's Your Do-not-disturb Status? / Make $27 Now. Free.in My Paid Survey Sites: / Ecobank Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.