Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress (9349 Views)

Desperate To Make A First Class? 5 Stress-free Ways On How I Made 4.77 CGPA / 3 Things To Do To Make Your 2017 UTME Registration Faster And Stress Free / Student Expelled For "Speech & Hearing Challenges" Sues Rivers State University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by EduRegard: 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
The period of examination is usually a time during which most students work the hardest, put in greater efforts in their studies and show greater commitment. This time is filled with anxiety and nervousness as many students work immensely towards good grades, resulting in great increase in stress levels which may not be in the best interest of the students. Although a little stress may be non-detrimental, over-stressing has a lot of negative impacts. For this reason, the following points intend to give tips towards proper exam stress management.

1. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

This is one of the basic things in achieving success in life. In order to be successful, a positive thinking is necessary as it translates into one’s activities. By believing in yourself, you develop an attitude in the frame of success. However, by failing to believe in yourself, you have already created a future in which you have already failed which could be terrible.

2. UNDERSTAND YOURSELF

Success stems up from one’s thought hence the need to pay great attention to one’s self in order to achieve it. In order to fully understand yourself, you must be truthful to yourself and avoid self-deceit. Accept your weaknesses and develop your areas of strength. By carrying out proper analysis, you should be able to deduce your best mode of study, time of study and place of study. This will put you in a closer position to a stress-free study.

3. PLAN YOUR STUDY

Proper planning is a major key to success and this works in close collaboration with the previously stated point. It is important to map out your study in a way that works well for you. Also, in study planning endeavor to allocate enough time to studying as this will aid in easing off a great part of your stress. Avoid postponing or planning study at a very close time to the exam as it results in cramming great workload into a limited time frame which is highly disadvantageous.

4. TAKE BREAKS

Studying is a highly brain-tasking activity as it uses a lot of brain power. For this reason, it is important to take breaks during the period of study in order to rest the brain. By taking breaks, the brain is prevented from “over-heating” which aids in increasing its efficiency and functioning. Breaks do not only help the brain but also the body as it offers you the opportunity to stretch out the muscles, preventing cramps.

5. EAT RIGHT

This is another vital point in the course of exam stress management. Food is the body’s greatest source of energy and energy is required for the proper execution of all activities, including studying. Therefore, in order to study properly, good nutrition is a factor that should not be ignored. During examination periods, one should endeavor to eat right and regularly in order to achieve greater results.

6. SLEEP WELL

Sleep is the most important way by which the body can achieve proper rest. Sleeping puts the entire body in a state of unconsciousness which helps it properly recover from the effects of the stress being put on it. It is common for people to keep sleepless nights during examinations but this is only advisable if such a person is nocturnal, rests in the day and work at night.

7. LET GO

This point entails management of post-exam stress. It is common for students to worry over a previously written exam and this may cause them to lose focus towards for the rest of the examination. Such worries should be steered clear off as they yield no results but only increase one’s stress level. It is important to understand that a bad exam does not make one a failure but it should be an opportunity to learn from the mistakes.

8. TRUST IN GOD

Of all the points, I consider this the most important. It is essential to put one’s trust in the most powerful being in whom he/she believes in. Putting God first in all things including studies is a key factor in achieving great success.

Conclusively, exam stress could be highly negative towards a student’s academics hence the need for proper management of the stress. Stress management entails taking proper care of the body and choosing to work smarter.

That's that on : Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress

SOURCE : http://eduregard.com.ng/student-challenges-manage-exam-stress/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by EduRegard: 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
Kindly drop your views below
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by bookgenius(m): 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
This is cool...but i will come back to talk.
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by OnlineBadoo: 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
I hate school, not to talk of exams

1 Like

Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
OP nice one. cc lalasticlala let out students larn from this
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by DanceVille: 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
Drink a lot of water when reading...

Seriously, it do helps.

1 Like

Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by KenModi(m): 2:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
Op, weda you put up all the tips wey dey dis world on how to deal with exam stress, if your lecturers mean u, ur own don finish.

Just believe in yourself, pray and do ur best in the exam. Sheikena!

If you want to study in Europe or America, admission has begun for September intake. Check my signature and feel free to contact me for any inquiry.
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Flashh: 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
When it's related to sex, then come see views.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by looseweight: 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
Good write up

No 5 & 6 are on point
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Aribambam: 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
EduRegard:
The period of examination is usually a time during which most students work the hardest, put in greater efforts in their studies and show greater commitment. This time is filled with anxiety and nervousness as many students work immensely towards good grades, resulting in great increase in stress levels which may not be in the best interest of the students. Although a little stress may be non-detrimental, over-stressing has a lot of negative impacts. For this reason, the following points intend to give tips towards proper exam stress management.

1. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

This is one of the basic things in achieving success in life. In order to be successful, a positive thinking is necessary as it translates into one’s activities. By believing in yourself, you develop an attitude in the frame of success. However, by failing to believe in yourself, you have already created a future in which you have already failed which could be terrible.

2. UNDERSTAND YOURSELF

Success stems up from one’s thought hence the need to pay great attention to one’s self in order to achieve it. In order to fully understand yourself, you must be truthful to yourself and avoid self-deceit. Accept your weaknesses and develop your areas of strength. By carrying out proper analysis, you should be able to deduce your best mode of study, time of study and place of study. This will put you in a closer position to a stress-free study.

3. PLAN YOUR STUDY

Proper planning is a major key to success and this works in close collaboration with the previously stated point. It is important to map out your study in a way that works well for you. Also, in study planning endeavor to allocate enough time to studying as this will aid in easing off a great part of your stress. Avoid postponing or planning study at a very close time to the exam as it results in cramming great workload into a limited time frame which is highly disadvantageous.

4. TAKE BREAKS

Studying is a highly brain-tasking activity as it uses a lot of brain power. For this reason, it is important to take breaks during the period of study in order to rest the brain. By taking breaks, the brain is prevented from “over-heating” which aids in increasing its efficiency and functioning. Breaks do not only help the brain but also the body as it offers you the opportunity to stretch out the muscles, preventing cramps.

5. EAT RIGHT

This is another vital point in the course of exam stress management. Food is the body’s greatest source of energy and energy is required for the proper execution of all activities, including studying. Therefore, in order to study properly, good nutrition is a factor that should not be ignored. During examination periods, one should endeavor to eat right and regularly in order to achieve greater results.

6. SLEEP WELL

Sleep is the most important way by which the body can achieve proper rest. Sleeping puts the entire body in a state of unconsciousness which helps it properly recover from the effects of the stress being put on it. It is common for people to keep sleepless nights during examinations but this is only advisable if such a person is nocturnal, rests in the day and work at night.

7. LET GO

This point entails management of post-exam stress. It is common for students to worry over a previously written exam and this may cause them to lose focus towards for the rest of the examination. Such worries should be steered clear off as they yield no results but only increase one’s stress level. It is important to understand that a bad exam does not make one a failure but it should be an opportunity to learn from the mistakes.

8. TRUST IN GOD

Of all the points, I consider this the most important. It is essential to put one’s trust in the most powerful being in whom he/she believes in. Putting God first in all things including studies is a key factor in achieving great success.

Conclusively, exam stress could be highly negative towards a student’s academics hence the need for proper management of the stress. Stress management entails taking proper care of the body and choosing to work smarter.

That's that on : Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress

SOURCE : http://eduregard.com/student-challenges-manage-exam-stress/
xxxxddddddff q
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by ERONX(m): 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nice you've said it all
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by DEIFIED(m): 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
Clink like if you are a Nigeria student. Greatest Nigeria students!!!.
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Francis95(m): 3:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
This is good...cool
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Edubrazilnwa(m): 3:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
Mehn dat shi*t.
ain't easy at all
school shaa sweet na exam spoil am.i can even remember drinking milk during exams and even dipping my feed inside a big bowel while reading jst to beat sleep.

Mehn person no jst deserve to be un or under-employed after all those stress.

Baba God ma miss calls never do you,abeg bikozinu na beg I d beg no b order jst pick my call zi e dn Tey no b 2day matter!
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Aydesmond(m): 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nice write up.. Reping better by far
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by jericco1(m): 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
Exam should'nt be stressful na
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by TheSPEAKER(m): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Wow! What a beautiful article. In addition, find out and adopt study methods that works best for you.

Take study seriously from the beginning of the session. Review every class lessons at the end of the day. This will get you prepared all the way to exam period and save you from the great stress of studying all night and day trying to cover up voluminous materials a week to exam.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Moblord(m): 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
rest.. don't overwork your brain. I like that
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Havabelle(f): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
Exams...a very special period for students. That's one thing almost every student takes seriously....It could really be stressful though....especially when you realize you got a lot to cover. Rest? Maybe after exams are over ...its all temporary
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Affable0709(m): 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
Stop studying hard and start studying Smart.
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by encryptjay(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nice one

BTW, why aren't there much posts here?
We jump into celebrity threads but forget important ones
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Adex001(m): 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
mtchew! y didn't I see this post last 2months. I could have done better in that exam. anyways, great work OP. Thanks for this loads of information....

1 Like

Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by superfelix: 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nice
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Chuukwudi(m): 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Long story. See how I do in FUTO.
Beginning of Semester, I'm very serious, I acquire all the semester materials, I buy all the necessary text books within 3 weeks of resumption.

I spend an hour daily to revise the days work. It was so simple.

One of the lecture periods, the lecturer will be so fast that I couldn't write, I leave some space, to write later. I'll eventually not write. I'll lag behind in the course and won't read it daily but I must attend all lectures.

Towards week five, I've known my favorite courses for the semester. This largely depends on the kinda lecturers handling it. I'll read my favorite courses and follow them till the end. As the Asst. Course rep, I attend and fully participate in all practical sessions. Sometimes, I'm made the group leader.

If it's a lecturer that is very annoying eh, like one that doesn't know his left from his right, I'll ignore him completely throughout the semester.

About 3 weeks to exams, I pack up my piano. I will use my infinix hot note pro and go to Hall E, room 300. That's Justin's room. That boy can copy note for Africa. Exact lecturer's words in good handwriting and intact. I'll snap all his notes (both the ones I've copied and the ones I haven't). I'll transfer them to my laptop and start reading from there. I must have bought 2 tins of nescafe coffee before then. I'll employ the fire brigade approach. No sleeping again. Sleep attached 10pm, Alarm set at 2am. Read till 5:30am, bath and sleep, wake up at 7:30am, brush teeth, buy bread and moi moi and nutri c.

This period my IQ is far higher than that of Albert Einstein and Nickolas Tesla put together. I remember everything. I'm able to cover a whole semester in one night.

During the exam, it's TDB (TILL DAY BREAK). I take alot of coffee that time. I start reading at 11pm and sleep around 6am. It's like a group reading. Tony, Panda, Peter, Offu, Chris and Maxwellington are my clique. We argue over a problem, solve and compare solutions and answers. Wake at 7:30am and revise my jottings and my personally solved past questions just before entering the exam hall. I enter exam hall and smash! Thank God for God!

Even though it's always during exam period that the generator will start having issues, but we still manage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by meltiplexer: 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
encryptjay:
Nice one

BTW, why aren't there much posts here?
We jump into celebrity threads but forget important ones

Most people did like talking about reading in fact Nigerians hate reading. Naijabet man say so
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by encryptjay(m): 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
meltiplexer:

Most people did like talking about reading in fact Nigerians hate reading. Naijabet man say so
Was saying this in a WhatsApp group and some members attacked me.
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Bespiel: 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sleep abeg
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by FakeNEWSevryday: 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
for how many hour this piece of wonderful news hit fp, bit still in page one
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by GBAGAAUN(m): 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Thobiy(m): 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
ERONX:
Nice you've said it all
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by Thobiy(m): 6:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
TheSPEAKER:
Wow! What a beautiful article. In addition, find out and adopt study methods that works best for you.

Take study seriously from the beginning of the session. Review every class lessons at the end of the day. This will get you prepared all the way to exam period and save you from the great stress of studying all night and day trying to cover up voluminous materials a week to exam.
Naso
Re: Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress by adesgentle8(m): 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
This is interesting. Kudos

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU Chairman’s Wife Kidnapped In Osogbo / ASUU Strike: Detailed List Of Schools That Have Joined / Pretty Babcock University Student Risks Expulsion Over Viral Tiktok Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.