Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos (30319 Views)

Diezani In Trouble Again Over Withdrawal Of $1.3b From NNPC Accounts / Breaking:buhari Sack Ngige Repleaced With Northener / Ngige Meets With NUPENG Leaders To Reverse Strike (Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
Abeg who know the names of these banks,So make I know if my bank join,make I Kuku go withdraw the last 3k wey dey there now o
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Bespiel: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
OK
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by lordtriplee(m): 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
slowpoke Minister.

If you withdraw the license of these banks, more people on the streets with no jobs.
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Osakah24(m): 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3881641_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

Why is Ngige wearing Dark Sunglasses's inside a room?
You think say na every rich man get sense?
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by drololaaof: 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
It is very interesting that the govt have come up with good initiative in curtailing incessant lay off of workers under flimsy excuse .They banks ,telecoms etc should stop unnecessary charity donations and concentrate on staff welfare and aid employment .If one person is employed he will feed more than 5 people

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by opribo(m): 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
Is this not the man doing conductor during the election campaigns, ok I am not surprised at his thinking, probably he is under the illusion because PMB is an ex soldier therefore he can use commando style to command banks not to do what their management has approved, how much of ministry money is in the bank for him to have the audacity to stop banks from carrying out management directive.

He should go and pay his workers salary and leave the banks alone. You cannot leave the economy in shambles and expect banks to keep suffering for it while you gallivant across the globe. Who is the fool.
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
So who is responsible for situation we find ourselves ? Previous govts or current govt?
dadebayo1:

I will call it manslaughter... The thieves should be charged for manslaughter. Do you know how many civil servants including pensioners have died including those that can no longer afford the basic things of life due to the actions or inaction of the Governors? It all boils down to poor leadership led by greed.. All I am saying is that the minister is wrong to think withdrawal of licence is the solution to stop banks from embarking on downsizing.
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by prof12(m): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
ochallo:
Oh my God, this is what happens when you are too dumb to be effective in your position, you start harassing people.

If a bank has 7000 workers and they sack 1000 and then you withdraw their license for sacking 1000, then would you not have sacked the 6000 left.?

GEJ appointed technocrats and still had issues, now bubu went ahead to fill his cabinet with dumb politicians and Nigerians expect a miracle.

This same government has sacked striking doctors.

Pls no bank will want its license to be withdrawn.
We have never had ministers protecting the interest of workers and that we have one people like you are busy wailing.
Go to serious minded countries both indigenous and foreign companies don't treat their citizens like slaves.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by hornetRider: 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
The move of withdrawing bank licenses is a joke. That threat doesn't even hold water. Not to sound insensitive, the banks are running businesses, not a charity. If they sack workers, it means that they can continue to operate without those workers. There are two things involved; Ngige should convince his government to find a way to reduce the cost of doing business to banks, if they want to save workers, and for workers; they should train themselves more; acquire more skills, so that they become invaluable assets. This government should be more focused on encouraging and supporting the running of sustainable businesses. These guys are just being reactive instead of proactive.

1 Like

Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by koboko69: 10:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
eyeview:

If you weren't a daft effigy of a daft govt,you will realize that 'better investors' don't just fall from the sky,there has to be an enabling environment before anyone can put a dime in your govt. And so far,the ones we have have been closing shop and leaving nigeria. Ask yourself,with all the trips embarked upon by the president,how many investors have actually come in? You think its that easy to issue the license to another? Kids everywhere.
And if you weren't daft you would have known that no investor would touch an economy where the govt can just withdraw a player's license. It is called undue govt influence.
Kids everywhere.

P/s,don't quote me anymore. You are low on IQ

Lalasticlala, seun and mynd44 i have reported this post for over 4 hours now, yet whenever i check NL as a guest, it stil glares at me, but invisible to my moniker. Does this not break rule 2?
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Akpan107(m): 11:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
dadebayo1:
Oga Minister tell governors owing workers six months of salary to pay their workers... Stop the wild chase with banks.. If you withdraw their licence then what happens to the entire labour force? Govt should create enabling environment for companies and watch if companies will not employ rather than lay off staff.. Yeye people
God bless you... you have talked sensibly.
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 25, 2016
I think what the Minister should do is to challenge the Banks to bring proof that entitlements were duly paid to the affected workers.

Of all the Banks that retrenched their staff, only Ecobank paid something tangible as severance while others did not. Diamond Bank in particular debited the staff accounts of the affected workers and issued letter them letters advising them of their indebtedness. Wickedness of the highest order.

Any Bank that lays off staff should be ready to pay sth reasonable as severance package.
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by maasoap(m): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2016
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by maasoap(m): 8:12am On Jun 25, 2016
hornetRider:
The move of withdrawing bank licenses is a joke. That threat doesn't even hold water. Not to sound insensitive, the banks are running businesses, not a charity. If they sack workers, it means that they can continue to operate without those workers. There are two things involved; Ngige should convince his government to find a way to reduce the cost of doing business to banks, if they want to save workers, and for workers; they should train themselves more; acquire more skills, so that they become invaluable assets. This government should be more focused on encouraging and supporting the running of sustainable businesses. These guys are just being reactive instead of proactive.
If it is a joke, why have they all complied? Sacking workers indiscriminately and without following labour laws and giving them their entitlements is what brought the threat in the first place. This is the first time a labour minister is defending workers' interests, he could have simply looked the other way and nothing would happen to him.
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by ivyy(f): 11:21am On Jun 25, 2016
horlabiyi:
Mtcheeww
Hi dear, please I need your vote and support in the thread below.

Just a minute of your time please.

https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Voting format : "I vote ivyy cc Nljega ''

Just copy and paste the voting format into the thread. Thank you.
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by seudocode: 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2016
I think the move by the minister of labour is commendable.

Even though it is obvious the the best he can achieve is a suspension of the operating licence of erring bank,I am
Sure no bank will want to be on such deplorable list for long while competing banks carrying on with daily business

It is sad to have bank workers laid off after several years without any form of pay off from employer or previous warning
From employer simply because the management is seeking revenge on unfavourable government policies which no longer favours the bank's purses.A direct transfer of economic aggression onto the innocent families and dependants of retrenched staff is not in the interest of the government of the day either.

With more tenacious moves from the labour chief and the support of the people I am sure the banks will be humbled to come to the dialogue table to sort out the way forward with the government.The bank's needs to be constantly reminded that they are still subject to the government from time to time hence the need for a threat on their hard earn licence.

Finally, PMB has remained silent all along .Can one assume he is in full support of the moves of the labour chief?or just waiting to see the
Overall effect /reaction of his policies on the lenders?

Let's pray for NIGERIA.
Re: Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos by 1NigeriaOnlyIf: 7:51am On Jun 26, 2016
Eveview, this is why i follow you. i love your analysis. How i wish every nigerian is objective. My mantra on this forum for a while now is I AM NOT FOR PDP, I AM NOT FOR APC, IAM FOR NIGERIA.

Some silly people do not know that banks are private institutions. They run their business for profit. The moment even one staff is not needed, they sack the person. That is capitalism. Fullstop. If you dont like it, go and try communism. Simple.

Now i am not happy that banks are sacking workers. Let no one get me wrong. However, you need more than threats and government intervention to stop them from sacking workers. What they need is a thriving economy, and they will even employ more.

eyeview:

The only thing I see here are insults without a single point. Am not even sure if your point is for or against mine.
But on the TSA you mentioned,let me educate you a bit. Every bank has what is called public sector dept. This staff are trained in managing govt institution accounts. Each bank has over 300staff(from entry level to GM). Now if you instantly take away these funds without palliatives,you leave these 6000(300times 20banks) redundant. The option left for these banks will be to either sack or reassign them. Now to reassign them,you will have to look for sectors that are thriving that may need more manpower. Sadly,there is none. Every sector is shrinking,from energy to fx to aviation to telecom. Businesses are closing. So for lack of where to post them,they are forced into the labour market.
I hope you understand for I have made it as rudimentary as I can for your understanding.
I am not going to speak for nigerian youths as I don't think am in d best position to speak for them but I think you are the empty one.
You made mention of pdp. Do you see why you are daft? You have been so myopice with pdp/apc battle that you think that anyone who showcases the faults of this govt must be a pdp supporter and hence must be shown what pdp did wrong. Do you see how myopic your reasoning is?
And in your little brain,you think one way to sanitize the banking system is by clsoing some banks and throwing thousands into the unemployment market? Son,you are far from intelligent reasoning and this is why most politicians have reduced your generation to offices like SA on twitter,facebook,instagram etc,because your likes have shown an inability to reason outside the box needed to move institutions forward.
Pls,don't quote me again. You're not worth it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Adebayo Shittu's NYSC Skipping Scandal / Naira Scarcity: I’ve Been Spending N20,000 For One Week – Femi Adesina / HID Awolowo To Be Buried In A Gold Casket And A White Damask Cloth She Bought An

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.