Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,553 members, 7,865,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:21 PM

Should Women Too Be Liable For Rape? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Women Too Be Liable For Rape? (506 Views)

A Mother's Reaction To Her Daughter's Post About Rape On Snapchat (Pictured) / When A Man Forces His Wife For Sex, Is It A Rape? / My Wife Always Tears My Boxers To Rape Me, Man Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Women Too Be Liable For Rape? by bamto(m): 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Recently, a nairalander posted on whether a man can be guilty of raping his wife. While the answer to that in law is an emphatic NO, here is another angle to the question of rape. Why can't a woman be charged for rape generally?

Nigeria's current criminal law on rape is sexist. It is conceived as a crime committed by a man against a woman. Many developed countries have expanded the scope to include other kinds of forced sexual activity by persons of either sex.

So, the question is, should Nigerian laws be amended to also make women liable for rape? Afterall, what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Moreso, research has shown that there have been incidents of men raped by women in Nigeria.

Should a woman be liable for rape? What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Get Your Ex Back / Eclipse Matter / Reno Omokri's Marriage counsel to who it may Concern-screen shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.