Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B (23889 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria Vs Algeria - Who Is Your Man Of The March? / Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by szen(m): 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
ah! algeria, zambia, cameroon...one chance tinz. chai!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by tall2ce(m): 9:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
crownprince102:

Just like we were able to defeat Tunisia in 2010 world cup qualifier or the last AFCON qualifier arbi?

Bros Abeg, make we no deceive ourself on top wetin dey do us. Na only ignorance and some how Patriotism will make us believe we have a chance against the Algerians. Their star they parade and their teamwork is terrifying.

Bad pitches might still be against us while playing away in Cameroun and Zambia.
The pitch in Yaounde or Douala and Lusaka is better than that of Kaduna
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by lordkhalifa(m): 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
FIFA abeg we are not coming give the slot to another country
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by mexdon(m): 10:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
This one is no more group of death but group of hell oo, anyways football is unpredictable we can still do it.

1 Like

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Mediapace: 10:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
FIFA HAVE SPOILED MY NIGHT

Egbon you said what was on my mind,am mad right now,like seriously mad at FIFA.
All those european final me no dey watch am wella but Am a solid supporter of eagles till death.
Am already thinking of how osihmen will play in russia 2018

Algeria : Best Team in Africa currently and they attended last edition of WC,germany can tell you more ,we can't even defeat egypt,how we wan do algeria. We are dead already.
We can't scape through this even if we hire Mounrinho/guardiola

Cameroon : We all know their past history In Afcon and they attended last worldcup.

zambia : We played draw last time we met at afcon and they won afcon yrs ago

LORD WHICH WAY,WORLD CUP HOPE IS ALREADY DEAD ON ARRIVAL TO ME,I SWEAR WE NEED TO SUE FIFA TO COURT ASAP OR WE FORGET WORLDCUP.
I've never seen such tough group in africa in my life

cc Wristbangle
Thegoodjoe
robosky02
optional1
Mukina2

what next and we don't even have a coach?

ALGERIA,AH MO GBE cry ,WITHOUT Even a coach sef.
Let me wait till 2022
frostate:
I do not understand this draw. How can Nigeria qualify from this group.

Algeria, Cameroon and Nigeria all qualified for last world cup so how comes they are all in the same group. On what basis was the draw made, which teams were seeded angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by prodiG(m): 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
bennie1980:
Nigeria, tunisia, cote dvoire,senegal and ghana are representing afrca
I think Messrs mahrez,brahimi,slimani,feghouli will beg to differ.The desert eagles have a TEAM something we cannot boast of.Coach siasia doesn't even know his first eleven

1 Like

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by MrMacinterchi1: 10:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
Our hope is in God. we shall survive it but it gonna be tough ...real tough.
we need a miracle on this task
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by mikron(m): 11:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
we will qualify
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by tayo200(m): 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
welcome back hone boizz
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by permanentgrace(m): 11:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
sheunsheun:
Its time to start calculating as usual

*picks up my calculator. If Cameroon beat....... And we manage to draw.........

Smh. We might not even make 3rd in that group

I'm sure Lalasticlala will faint after seeing this draw

And there was a gang up against Cameroon and Algeria too? Abeg bros no dey talk with sentiments!!!

I only posted that based on my views. How can 3 countries that made it to the last world cup be put into same qualifiers group this time around if there was nothing underground? Anyways, if not for the deteriorating level of our national football and the country in general, we would have nothing to worry about. Nigeria of those days would still stresslessly qualify from that group. But if you ask about today, i wont answer you, not to talk of guaranteeing you that Nigeria will qualify. That is how bad things have gone. We have lost hope in Super Eagles/Nigeria as a whole.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by sheunsheun(m): 11:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
permanentgrace:

I only posted that based on my views. How can 3 countries that made it to the last world cup be put into same qualifiers group this time around if there was nothing underground? Anyways, if not for the deteriorating level of our national football and the country in general, we would have nothing to worry about. Nigeria of those days would still stresslessly qualify from that group. But if you ask about today, i wont answer you, not to talk of guaranteeing you that Nigeria will qualify. That is how bad things have gone. We have lost hope in Super Eagles/Nigeria as a whole.
Now you talking bro. I believe the African seeding system should be reviewed too.

1 Like

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by oluwasegun007(m): 11:56pm On Jun 24, 2016
shey naija no go kon go world cup again
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by zoomman(m): 12:20am On Jun 25, 2016
No Chance.....End of the road Tinz...... cry....FIFA ds unfair...Diaris GOD O........
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Icon79(m): 12:42am On Jun 25, 2016
On current form, Algeria is the best team in Africa but like I had said on twitter, if Nigeria can get their acts together, I like our chances against ANY African opposition. Unfortunately, that's one thing we cannot do - get our acts together. Imagine, 4 months to start of the qualifiers, we don't even have a coach yet. The NFF is chaos. And the coaching selection is becoming a joke - thrown open to all comers! Can you spell confusion!!!

Nigeria is a sad case!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Icon79(m): 12:46am On Jun 25, 2016
And the worst part is that we are playing both Cameroun and Algeria at home first. Our last game is against Algeria in Algiers or wherever they chose to play the game.

gosh, somebody is definitely determined to ensure that Nigeria doesn't make it to the next World Cup. This kind of ojoro isn't even fair sef

1 Like

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Chartey(m): 1:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Martz101:

My brother football is not history;Is gonna be tough for both team but I believe Egypt have the edge over them having to play them first and having the last game in Egypt;those guys can be fustrating when they are home and for Mali group is actually a tricky group but I don't cee ivory Coast players serious and they are actually lacking leadership...players choosing games to play

Egypt will play at home first. Check the fixtures. And even the last time, Ghana played at home first and took care of business making the second leg insignificant.

1 Like

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by jossykondo: 1:52am On Jun 25, 2016
oh my God,dis bad belle people wey no allow us qualify for AFCON don show up again o,we are more than conqueror. Fly super eagle but dat will be if d wings are still there.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:04am On Jun 25, 2016
Mediapace:

All those european final me no dey watch am wella but Am a solid supporter of eagles till death.

Algeria : Best Team in Africa currently and they attended last edition of WC,germany can tell you more ,we can't even defeat egypt,how we wan do algeria. We are dead already.

Cameroon : We all know their past history In Afcon and they attended last worldcup.

LORD WHICH WAY,WORLD CUP HOPE IS ALREADY DEAD ON ARRIVAL TO ME,I SWEAR WE NEED TO SUE FIFA TO COURT ASAP OR WE FORGET WORLDCUP.

cc Wristbangle
Thegoodjoe
robosky02
optional1
Mukina2

Let me wait till 2022

This might be the right spark to inspire our young players to grow into men. I am not losing hope.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Nobody: 3:31am On Jun 25, 2016
Mediapace:

Let me wait till 2022

Algeria don"t have a coach too now
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by safarigirl(f): 4:16am On Jun 25, 2016
prodiG:
I think Messrs mahrez,brahimi,slimani,feghouli will beg to differ.The desert eagles have a TEAM something we cannot boast of.Coach siasia doesn't even know his first eleven
is it you that made Siasia Super Eagles coach? Abi you're mistaking SE for U23? undecided
prodiG:
is it you that made Siasia Super Eagles coach? Abi you're mistaking SE for U23? undecided

1 Like

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by robosky02(m): 5:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Mediapace:

cc Wristbangle
Thegoodjoe
robosky02
optional1
Mukina2

Let me wait till 2022

now we know amaju picnick has killed our football

others are way off

we cant even appoint a coach whenwill we start

I don't want to say good bye 2018...... not yet but am afraid

its not enough to have players we need a team
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by prodiG(m): 8:26am On Jun 25, 2016
safarigirl:
is it you that made Siasia Super Eagles coach? Abi you're mistaking SE for U23? undecidedis it you that made Siasia Super Eagles coach? Abi you're mistaking SE for U23? undecided
My mistake then but it will be very difficult for the super eagles to qualify from that group if they don't play as one
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 9:06am On Jun 25, 2016
bennie1980:
We shall qualify.

On the contrary, when Nigeria had her best crop of players under Clemens Westerhof(1990-1994), picking a result then in Algiers, Yaounde and Lusaka was herculean. How much more with these generation of players who lose to 'UGANDA' at home.

Nigeria won't come third in this group!

You dare say again, 'We shall qualify'??
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 9:14am On Jun 25, 2016
bennie1980:
We shall qualify.

On the contrary, When Nigeria had her best crop of players under the 'Dutchgerian' Clemens Westerhof(1990-1994), picking a result in Algiers, Yaounde and Lusaka was 'HERCULEAN'!. How much more with this generation of players who lose to lowly UGANDA in their backyard!

Fact is, we'll lose in Algiers and Yaounde and maybe sneak a draw in Lusaka.

Another fact is, we may not even come third in this group(Mark my words).

And the most important fact is, The Super Eagles will not be in RUSSIA 2018.

Now, you dare say again, 'We shall qualify'?
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 9:18am On Jun 25, 2016
laurel03:
Wetin we do for Caf now... Ds one na serious wickedness... God go win sha for super Eagle. We Must Qualify

I observed this comment got you 5 likes but my question is, 'Won't God help out the other teams in the group'?

Reality check bro!.... This group is way beyond this set of Super Eagles players, and we won't be in Russia come 2018
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 9:30am On Jun 25, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

We shall qualify....I just want a foreign coach.

Foreign coach or not, we just don't have quality talents coming through anymore unlike the early nineties...........
That is why this set of players will be destroyed in Algiers and Yaounde!!!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 9:34am On Jun 25, 2016
Kontriboy:
It is a difficult group but qualification is possible. Win all your home matches and pick a least five points on the road. I'm hoping for the best.

Come to think of it, can you bet a nickel that the present crop of Super Eagles players can pick a draw in Algiers and Yaounde?
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 9:44am On Jun 25, 2016
histemple:
With the present level of our football, any group we find ourself is a group of death. Even if we were drawn against Liberia, Gambia, Benin Republic, Libya, Burundi etc.

Exactly!!!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 9:52am On Jun 25, 2016
Belmot:
We will be spectators come russia 2018.

FACT!!!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 10:03am On Jun 25, 2016
Martz101:
GROUP A; it will be a very easy ride for DR congo,right now they have one of the best players in Africa with a very nice strike force.There only problem will come from Tunisia who are not having the best of times.

Winner: DR CONGO

GROUP B; very difficult group for Nigeria but the group can actually go well for them if the first match which will take place in Algeria go in Nigeria favour probably a point which is doable not because am a Nigeria; Nigeria actually play beta when they play in a nice pitch and trust me that can create a good momentum for dem;Cameroon football is not of high standard anymore and Zambia is beatable home and away.

NIGERIA

GROUP C; This is the group of dead for me because the 4 team have equal chances of going to russia,gabon might seem to be minnows but they got a good striker who is actually the African footballer of the year,ivory Coast ain't that strong with the retirement of there golden generation and Morocco is always a good side in there day.But I think Mali have some thing special from the bunch HUNGER and they have very good player all over the globe. Am goin for Mali.

WINNER ...MALI

GROUP D; This is the easiest group of all,with south Africa football not ready to achieve it potential and Burkina Faso football going down after there 2016 afcon final appearance I expect a special Senegal squad to cruise straight to Senegal without any hitch...they will only encounter some problems from Cape Verde bur don't be suprise if Senegal comes out with 18 points from this group

WINNER SENEGAL

GROUP E; This is the must technical of all group with the rivalry between ghana and Egypt coming up once again...and the group winner is going to come down to who get more point from that 2 match, I think Egypt will be happy to play ghana first in Accra and if they can get a good result in ghana...then they can finish the job in Cairo.we all know how difficult it is to play Egypt there,u can ask Mikel and co.

WINNER...EGYPT

Wishful and sentimental analysis!

Bro, this group is way beyond Nigeria. No way on earth we'd get a draw in Algiers and Yaounde. Then again Algeria may beat us here in Naija.

Russia 2018 is a 'BRIDGE TOO FAR' for this generation of Super Eagles players!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 10:21am On Jun 25, 2016
nextstep:

Erm... I've spent the past 30+ years of my life watching Super Eagles fall hand time and time again. This is not a case of "odds against them", as it is a case of "they have no business playing ball." I've gone from national pride, to enthusiastic, to hopeful, to frustrated, to annoyed. At least Ghana, Algeria, and Cameroon have performed well, and so instead of wasting my emotions on some lackluster footballing from the Super Eagles, I know I can count on the above countries to actually play.

I've said it before, if I was president, I would withdraw Nigeria from all international football associations and endorse Ghana and Cameroon. I'd happily pay the fines - which is cheaper than sending all these players and hangers-on abroad to embarrass us.

I concur!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2016
NigerianDiamond:
We have a chance of qualifying but we need to get a capable and respected foreign coach to take over the coaching job of the SE. A coach who will strike fear in the camp of our opponents and whom our players will feel motivated playing under. I have respect for Algeria but I could remember they were defeated home and away in the 2006 WC qualifying series by the SE 1-0 and 2-5 respectively. They are the best team right now but on a normal day, the name Nigeria strikes fear in the heart of any of our opponents even at our lowest ebb. Algeria will find Nigeria difficult to beat and with our boys showing determination and hunger, we should pick 4pts from the 2matches involving us and Algeria. With Cameroun, they are our major issue in African football but they have been lacklustre just like the SE. They struggle to beat minnows and even their qualification matches are usually doctored in the favour by referees due to Isa Hayatou's position as CAF president, on a level playing ground Cameroun cannot beat Nigeria. The last game between us ended 3-0 in favour of Nigeria, you could say it was a friendly but it counts and it gives us an edge when we face each other in the qualifiers. My Submission - We should make 4pts from Cameroun as well. Zambia are not really the strongest of this group but they can be the banana skin in this ground and we need to be wary of them. We need to be ruthless against them both home and away and make sure we take all the maximum points from them. I am not underrating them but they are surely the point-donating team in the group. Zambia has been poor in the qualification series to the 2017 nations cup just like Nigeria but unlike Nigeria, they found themselves in a much easy group but yet they faltered but Nigeria non-qualification was due to bickering and shoddy preparation by the NFF which we hope will be rectified before october when the qualifiers will commence.
In all I want to see the SE in Russia and the only way we can get there is to put our house in order, commence preparation now, study our opponents, appoint a world class foreign coach, take our qualifiers out of Kaduna and return it to PH, Lagos(our fortress if possible), Abuja or Akwa Ibom.
I believe we have a big chance of progressing...Our destiny is in our hands...

'If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride on them'

Common lad, we both know deep down that this set of SE players can't weather the storm in Algiers and Yaounde to pick a draw. The sad reality is that Algeria will most likely beat us here in Nigeria. You refer to the 5-2 victory we had over them in 2005. but you fail to realise that was 11 years ago.

History tells us that Cameroon have always edged past us when pitted in the same World cup group and MARK MY WORDS, Cameroon will beat us in Yaounde!

The truth is, we just don't have the talent coming through anymore.... This set of Super Eagles players are a far cry from the set of the early nineties! Do you realise that Nigeria has failed to qualify for the last 2 AFCONS? Do you also realise that Clemens Westerhof in (1992-1993) during the WC qualifiers for USA 94 used the professionals while using the HOME BASED players to easily navigate a qualification for AFCON 94(Which we won).

Search your mind and tell yourself the truth, Nigeria is no longer at the top of the mountain(Football Wise In Africa) but at the bottom, and sad as it seem, Nigeria will not be playing in RUSSIA 2018. We simply do not have a team that can stop 'The Desert Foxes of Algeria' or 'The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon'

The squad of 94 is long gone and what we have presently is a far cry from that and we must all accept that.

If this group is anything to go by (NIGERIA, CAMEROON, ALGERIA, ZAMBIA), then the Super Eagles making it to Russia 2018 is a mirage!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arsenal Fan Banned By Arsenal Because Of His Tweets / Little Children Celebrate Mikel Obi On His 31st Birthday (Photo) / Barcelona Lose 3 Consecutive Home Games In A Season For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.