Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B (23885 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria Vs Algeria - Who Is Your Man Of The March? / Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Bespiel: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
We are "out" before it begins
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Brayss(m): 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
It a group of death...bt we ar goin 2 qualify i bleif in super Eagle,we are the Giant of Africa
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by MakaveliTheDon(m): 7:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
at the end of the competition the group will finish in the alphabeltic order. Algeria( King of african football) Cameroon ( Backbone of african football) Nigeria ( disgrace of african football) Zambia (rising star of african footbal)
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by MakaveliTheDon(m): 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
at the end of the competition the group will finish in the alphabeltic order. Algeria( King of african football) Cameroon ( Backbone of african football) Nigeria ( disgrace of african football) Zambia (rising star of african footbal)
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by hopara1(m): 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
sheunsheun:
Its time to start calculating as usual

*picks up my calculator. If Cameroon beat....... And we manage to draw.........

Smh. We might not even make 3rd in that group

I'm sure Lalasticlala will faint after seeing this draw
Like seriously§e don red 4 us ooo...permutation things activated!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
We'r ready

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by durai: 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
honestly..We go qualify. We go deh very serious from d start
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
Whizzcute:

I don't Think Nigeria's backwardness in football is coaches, but commitment.our players are not commited to representing their country.

A good coach motivate his players thereby making the players to be committed and happy to represent his country
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by 0ubenji(m): 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
Thrz nutin as sure in dis group as naija's 0% chance of qualification from it.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Rasque1759(m): 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
naija economy don sink already,,,,electricity bad,,,corruption full everywhere....and CAF jst add another problem nack our football federation...oh lord almighty wetin be our offence to have deserve all this? Just one country,nd too much problems hiting us.nd here comes another one about to hit us hard this october..thank u so much caf..chai
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by KevinDein: 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
Some guys on this thread claim players' lack of commitment is the reason for Nigerias below par performance in football in recent years. Some others believe is because of the whacky administration by nff. They all have solid point.
But I also believe that Nigerians are some of the most terrible football fans around. How the hell is your team gonna do well when you've already given up on them even before they get on the field?
Real fans believe in and stand by their team even if all the odds seem against them. ASK LECEISTER CITY

2 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by nextstep(m): 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Na only qualify we sabi... go and play ball and make us proud, dem dey fall hand. angry

Abeg Super Eagles... just kuku ma withdraw from the qualifiers so that other African countries can get a chance to play good football at the world stage. See, even MakaveliTheDon don talk am:

MakaveliTheDon:
at the end of the competition the group will finish in the alphabeltic order.
Algeria( King of african football)
Cameroon ( Backbone of african football)
Nigeria ( disgrace of african football)
Zambia (rising star of african footbal)
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by krasican(m): 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
bennie1980:
We shall qualify.

U be van gaal
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by M4gunners: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
Automatically Nigeria will miss world and Africa cup.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by nextstep(m): 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
KevinDein:
Some guys on this thread claim players' lack of commitment is the reason for Nigerias below par performance in football in recent years. Some others believe is because of the whacky administration by nff. They all have solid point.
But I also believe that Nigerians are some of the most terrible football fans around. How the hell is your team gonna do well when you've already given up on them even before they get on the field?
Real fans believe in and stand by their team even if all the odds seem against them. ASK LECEISTER CITY

Erm... I've spent the past 30+ years of my life watching Super Eagles fall hand time and time again. This is not a case of "odds against them", as it is a case of "they have no business playing ball." I've gone from national pride, to enthusiastic, to hopeful, to frustrated, to annoyed. At least Ghana, Algeria, and Cameroon have performed well, and so instead of wasting my emotions on some lackluster footballing from the Super Eagles, I know I can count on the above countries to actually play.

I've said it before, if I was president, I would withdraw Nigeria from all international football associations and endorse Ghana and Cameroon. I'd happily pay the fines - which is cheaper than sending all these players and hangers-on abroad to embarrass us.

1 Like

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by MakaveliTheDon(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
KevinDein:
what are you saying NIGERIA was the giant of Africa but now they cant beat ordinary Tanzania . for two consecutive AFCON dey didn't qualify what else do you say of such a team ?
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Taiyescott(m): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
We Wil Scale Tru Wit D Help Of God!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by nextstep(m): 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
Brayss:
It a group of death...bt we ar goin 2 qualify i bleif in super Eagle,we are the Giant Agbaya of Africa

There, fixed it for you
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by edi287: 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
Peakmilk, na beg we dey beg - find us good coach as soon as possible. We have a great crop of players coming through, we CAN'T AFFORD TO NOT QUALIFY FOR 2018.
Siasia, please pick the best players eligible for the u23...this upcoming Olympics will be very very important for us to begin blending in players.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by adioolayi(m): 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Before this draw...I know of a truth every group will be a group of Death...Gone are the days one will clearly know favourite... Not anymore.... Any one can Qualify!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by onos217(m): 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
Congratulation to our Super Chickens for a successful world cup qualifying draw. However, just to remind you, you will not be at the Africa show piece unfolding next year. More so, your chance of qualifying for the world cup is so slim considering the big guns you're group with. In this sort of deep sea,you can only hope for a miracle.
A ship with no captain to stir it course. How can such a ship reach it desired destination?
Super Chickens, you have a long-long way to go!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Edoblakky(m): 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
If we could not qualify for the nations cup, I doubt if we can qualify for the world cup. Though I believe in miracles, I'm eager to see one with our present crop of players.

Other teams ought to be scared of us but they're happy to have us in their group as they're hopeful of getting 3 points when they play us. How are the mighty fallen?
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
Easy draw
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by KevinDein: 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
nextstep:

Erm... I've spent the past 30+ years of my life watching Super Eagles fall hand time and time again. This is not a case of "odds against them", as it is a case of "they have no business playing ball." I've gone from national pride, to enthusiastic, to hopeful, to frustrated, to annoyed. At least Ghana, Algeria, and Cameroon have performed well, and so instead of wasting my emotions on some lackluster footballing from the Super Eagles, I know I can count on the above countries to actually play.

I've said it before, if I was president, I would withdraw Nigeria from all international football associations and endorse Ghana and Cameroon. I'd happily pay the fines - which is cheaper than sending all these players and hangers-on abroad to embarrass us.
you spent the last 30 years supporting super Eagles and you claim they have not achieved anything in that time.
In the past 30 years, the super Eagles have won the nation's cup twice, qualified for the world cup four times, got out of the group stage in two occasions, the dream team won the Olympics gold medal and Nigeria were ranked among the top ten in 1994-95. but hey why am I bothered bringing in facts here. The cool thing as far as some of you are concerned is to join in in the destructive criticism, exaggerating the negatives while at it.
Like I said earlier, Nigerians are the worst fans ever. And you just proved that.

3 Likes

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by nijanigga: 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
CHAI ! Dame Patience, Nigeria will not kwalify for rusia 2018
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by openmine(m): 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
Super chicken should just withdraw.... Make dem no waste money,,,, na dem go com last fr that group
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by dabossman(m): 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
Game ofa! it will take a miracle of sorts and a lot of commitment and determination for us to get to the next World Cup. The NFF, the coaches and the players need to raise the bar.

Hoping against hope though.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by NigerianDiamond(m): 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
We have a chance of qualifying but we need to get a capable and respected foreign coach to take over the coaching job of the SE. A coach who will strike fear in the camp of our opponents and whom our players will feel motivated playing under. I have respect for Algeria but I could remember they were defeated home and away in the 2006 WC qualifying series by the SE 1-0 and 2-5 respectively. They are the best team right now but on a normal day, the name Nigeria strikes fear in the heart of any of our opponents even at our lowest ebb. Algeria will find Nigeria difficult to beat and with our boys showing determination and hunger, we should pick 4pts from the 2matches involving us and Algeria. With Cameroun, they are our major issue in African football but they have been lacklustre just like the SE. They struggle to beat minnows and even their qualification matches are usually doctored in the favour by referees due to Isa Hayatou's position as CAF president, on a level playing ground Cameroun cannot beat Nigeria. The last game between us ended 3-0 in favour of Nigeria, you could say it was a friendly but it counts and it gives us an edge when we face each other in the qualifiers. My Submission - We should make 4pts from Cameroun as well. Zambia are not really the strongest of this group but they can be the banana skin in this ground and we need to be wary of them. We need to be ruthless against them both home and away and make sure we take all the maximum points from them. I am not underrating them but they are surely the point-donating team in the group. Zambia has been poor in the qualification series to the 2017 nations cup just like Nigeria but unlike Nigeria, they found themselves in a much easy group but yet they faltered but Nigeria non-qualification was due to bickering and shoddy preparation by the NFF which we hope will be rectified before october when the qualifiers will commence.
In all I want to see the SE in Russia and the only way we can get there is to put our house in order, commence preparation now, study our opponents, appoint a world class foreign coach, take our qualifiers out of Kaduna and return it to PH, Lagos(our fortress if possible), Abuja or Akwa Ibom.
I believe we have a big chance of progressing...Our destiny is in our hands...
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Chartey(m): 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Martz101:
GROUP A; it will be a very easy ride for DR congo,right now they have one of the best players in Africa with a very nice strike force.There only problem will come from Tunisia who are not having the best of times.

Winner: DR CONGO

GROUP B; very difficult group for Nigeria but the group can actually go well for them if the first match which will take place in Algeria go in Nigeria favour probably a point which is doable not because am a Nigeria; Nigeria actually play beta when they play in a nice pitch and trust me that can create a good momentum for dem;Cameroon football is not of high standard anymore and Zambia is beatable home and away.

NIGERIA

GROUP C; This is the group of dead for me because the 4 team have equal chances of going to russia,gabon might seem to be minnows but they got a good striker who is actually the African footballer of the year,ivory Coast ain't that strong with the retirement of there golden generation and Morocco is always a good side in there day.But I think Mali have some thing special from the bunch HUNGER and they have very good player all over the globe. Am goin for Mali.

WINNER ...MALI

GROUP D; This is the easiest group of all,with south Africa football not ready to achieve it potential and Burkina Faso football going down after there 2016 afcon final appearance I expect a special Senegal squad to cruise straight to Senegal without any hitch...they will only encounter some problems from Cape Verde bur don't be suprise if Senegal comes out with 18 points from this group

WINNER SENEGAL

GROUP E; This is the must technical of all group with the rivalry between ghana and Egypt coming up once again...and the group winner is going to come down to who get more point from that 2 match, I think Egypt will be happy to play ghana first in Accra and if they can get a good result in ghana...then they can finish the job in Cairo.we all know how difficult it is to play Egypt there,u can ask Mikel and co.

WINNER...EGYPT

Yes DR Congo will qualify, they'll easily thrash Tunisia. Senegal and Nigeria may qualify too but there's no way Egypt and Mali will qualify. Have you forgotten how Ghana whitewashed Egypt 6:1 so soon? Yes Egyptian football has recovered and both Al Ahly and Zamalek are doing well in the Champions League this season but they can't withstand the might of the Black Stars. Mali may put up an early challenge but they'll eventually capitulate. It's also wrong to say the Ivorian golden generation is gone. Their players are always at the highest level, Bailly just joined Manchester United. They keep producing these players.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Martz101: 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
Chartey:

Yes DR Congo will qualify, they'll easily thrash Tunisia. Senegal and Nigeria may qualify too but there's no way Egypt and Mali will qualify. Have you forgotten how Ghana whitewashed Egypt 6:1 so soon? Yes Egyptian football has recovered and both Al Ahly and Zamalek are doing well in the Champions League this season but they can't withstand the might of the Black Stars. Mali may put up an early challenge but they'll eventually capitulate. It's also wrong to say the Ivorian golden generation is gone. Their players are always at the highest level, Bailly just joined Manchester United. They keep producing these players.

My brother football is not history;Is gonna be tough for both team but I believe Egypt have the edge over them having to play them first and having the last game in Egypt;those guys can be fustrating when they are home and for Mali group is actually a tricky group but I don't cee ivory Coast players serious and they are actually lacking leadership...players choosing games to play
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by huntax(m): 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
African teams too need to improve in these tournaments and make sure they aren't just there to make up numbers, so as to increase their quota. Presently only 5 African teams are allowed to qualify... If we improve and get few semi final berths of even a final, then Fifa might be forced to take us seriously and increase the number of teams to qualify from Africa.
But I'm afraid, that's a big IF.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos / 8-Year-Old Boxer, Shekinah To Be Adopted By Ministry Of Sports / Arsenal Fan Banned By Arsenal Because Of His Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.