Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B (23892 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) / 2018 World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria Vs Algeria - Who Is Your Man Of The March? / Nigeria Vs Algeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers 3 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by laurel03(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2016
starlingbawa:

I observed this comment got you 5 likes but my question is, 'Won't God help out the other teams in the group'?

Reality check bro!.... This group is way beyond this set of Super Eagles players, and we won't be in Russia come 2018
its football even zambia can be the team that will qualify from the group...
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 11:58am On Jun 25, 2016
laurel03:
its football even zambia can be the team that will qualify from the group...

Highly unlikely!... But then, it's football for you.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by ejomsuccess(m): 2:01pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hehehe, zambia & Algeria to beat us home & away, we will manage a draw with cameroon at home, I'm sure we will finish last in the group
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by semid4lyfe(m): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2016
The group is as tough for Algeria, Cameroon and Zambia as it is for Nigeria.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by jieta: 8:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
starlingbawa:

Wishful and sentimental analysis!

Bro, this group is way beyond Nigeria. No way on earth we'd get a draw in Algiers and Yaounde. Then again Algeria may beat us here in Naija.

Russia 2018 is a 'BRIDGE TOO FAR' for this generation of Super Eagles players!
u are taking things too far, even if we are nt going to qualify bt atleast show nigeria some respect.the last tym i check we beat cameroon three zero. we have a good head to head against algeria.the last tym we lost to zambia is way bck in d 90s. pls show some respect
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2016
jieta:
u are taking things too far, even if we are nt going to qualify bt atleast show nigeria some respect.the last tym i check we beat cameroon three zero. we have a good head to head against algeria.the last tym we lost to zambia is way bck in d 90s. pls show some respect

I used to be as passionate as you are right now as regards the Super Eagles. For the purpose of emphasis, i'd want to state that i was inside the main bowl of the national stadium surulere in 1993 to see Yekini, Okocha, et al destroy The Algerians and Ivoriens (4-1 on both occasion) enroute USA 1994.

Now my point is this, That Generation(1990-1994) was quite simply 'World Class' as evident in their club form the length and breadth of Europe. What you fail to realise is that, the talent coming through in this generation of SE players is 'DEFINITELY' below par and that's only natural! (NOTE THIS POINT).

You'd also realise that this set of players woefully failed to qualify for the last 2 AFCONS, a thing unheard of with the class of (1990-1994)! You seem to forget all too soon that there was a time when AFCON qualifiers was left to the Home Based players just so the professionals could give a 100% attention to the WC qualifiers, but those days are long gone because the Pros of today can't beat Tanzania and Swaziland away from home!!!!

Bearing my last paragraph in mind, How then can these set of Super Eagles players survive in a World Cup Group comprising of Algeria(Presently the best team on the African continent), Cameroon(Always 100% serious when the WC qualifiers come around) and Zambia(A resurgent side on the African continent)?

This has nothing to do with the NFF or NFA who always seem to have their house in disarray while contributing their own quota to World Cup and AFCON campaign failures over time. The real problem aside the NFF is that the talent coming through in this generation is not as good as that coming through in Algeria and Cameroon etc, etc. (NOTE THIS).

You talk about respect for this Team, and oh yes!, i was and i ve been there to see the great side of the nineties play 'LIVE' at the main bowl of the National Stadium, Surulere and conquer the best of Africa as it were then.

Bro, this team do not have the capacity to pick a draw in Algiers and Yaounde, and this is a sad reality we as soccer loving Nigerians must all wake up to come 2017.

Over to you, I rest my case.......

cc: Mayany.

1 Like

Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 8:04am On Jun 26, 2016
ejomsuccess:
Hehehe, zambia & Algeria to beat us home & away, we will manage a draw with cameroon at home, I'm sure we will finish last in the group

I subscribe to this opinion too!
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Martz101: 8:07am On Jun 26, 2016
starlingbawa:

Wishful and sentimental analysis!

Bro, this group is way beyond Nigeria. No way on earth we'd get a draw in Algiers and Yaounde. Then again Algeria may beat us here in Naija.

Russia 2018 is a 'BRIDGE TOO FAR' for this generation of Super Eagles players!

Bro world cup qualifier is like a marathon is not tonerment...Nigeria might be in disarray now but there is alot of time to improve on that.

Nigeria will qualify from that group.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by Martz101: 8:13am On Jun 26, 2016
starlingbawa:

I used to be as passionate as you are right now as regards the Super Eagles. For the purpose of emphasis, i'd want to state that i was inside the main bowl of the national stadium surulere in 1993 to see Yekini, Okocha, et al destroy The Algerians and Ivoriens (4-1 on both occasion) enroute USA 1994.

Now my point is this, That Generation(1990-1994) was quite simply 'World Class' as evident in their club form the length and breadth of Europe. What you fail to realise is that, the talent coming through in this generation of SE players is 'DEFINITELY' below par and that's only natural! (NOTE THIS POINT).

You'd also realise that this set of players woefully failed to qualify for the last 2 AFCONS, a thing unheard of with the class of (1990-1994)! You seem to forget all too soon that there was a time when AFCON qualifiers was left to the Home Based players just so the professionals could give a 100% attention to the WC qualifiers, but those days are long gone because the Pros of today can't beat Tanzania and Swaziland away from home!!!!

Bearing my last paragraph in mind, How then can these set of Super Eagles players survive in a World Cup Group comprising of Algeria(Presently the best team on the African continent), Cameroon(Always 100% serious when the WC qualifiers come around) and Zambia(A resurgent side on the African continent)?

This has nothing to do with the NFF or NFA who always seem to have their house in disarray while contributing their own quota to World Cup and AFCON campaign failures over time. The real problem aside the NFF is that the talent coming through in this generation is not as good as that coming through in Algeria and Cameroon etc, etc. (NOTE THIS).

You talk about respect for this Team, and oh yes!, i was and i ve been there to see the great side of the nineties play 'LIVE' at the main bowl of the National Stadium, Surulere and conquer the best of Africa as it were then.

Bro, this team do not have the capacity to pick a draw in Algiers and Yaounde, and this is a sad reality we as soccer loving Nigerians must all wake up to come 2017.

Over to you, I rest my case.......

cc: Mayany.

What Nigerians fail to understand is that no generation of players dsame;this current players have something Algeria don't have and that is been unknown.

We know they have mahrez even berahimi and co,which will aid even Zambia and Cameroon in stopping them.

Am not jjust been patriotic but am sure Nigeria will qualify.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 8:21am On Jun 26, 2016
Martz101:

What Nigerians fail to understand is that no generation of players dsame;this current players have something Algeria don't have and that is been unknown.

We know they have mahrez even berahimi and co,which will aid even Zambia and Cameroon in stopping them.

Am not jjust been patriotic but am sure Nigeria will qualify.

Well, i guess we all have to wait and see while we keep our fingers crossed...
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by starlingbawa(m): 8:22am On Jun 26, 2016
Martz101:

Bro world cup qualifier is like a marathon is not tonerment...Nigeria might be in disarray now but there is alot of time to improve on that.

Nigeria will qualify from that group.

Mark my words, we won't qualify!... But then, time will tell.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by MakaveliTheDon(m): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2016
Nigerians Blame Buhari for CAF grouping
on the 25th of June group of sport enthusiasts and pundits in Lagos blames buhari for the CAF world cup qualifications draw . One of the pundits who pleaded anonymity said : buhari's strict regime caused the unfair grouping ,he further said buhari would have probed CAF if Nigerian 's group were easy
Also under An officer in the ministry of sport said buhari 's fear caused the unfair grouping as confirmed by the South African Sports man Tokyo Sexwale.
Re: World Cup Qualifiers: Nigeria, Cameroon, Algeria In Group B by khattab02: 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
Lol..... I knew with our poor performances we will end up in a group like this.

I understand the pessimism due to current situations, but giving up all hope even before a ball is kicked is outrageous! We are not doing well now. But four Months is not too small of a time to get many things in order.

Some even say we will not be able to get draws in Algiers or Yaounde. Well I will say that is possible, becos even in bad performances and poor results, the Super Eagles doesn't get beaten so easily. Ask Argentina, France, Cameroun, Egypt and co.

Lets borrow Arsenal's slogan

#Keep Faith!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Transfer: South African Club, Chippa United Demand €2 Million For Nwabali / Lampard Backs Kepa After 'Big Mistake' Against Liverpool / Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.