Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. (2685 Views)

Why Is It So Hard To Find A Caring, Supportive, Loving Boyfriend Nowadays? / Shake Your Head In Shame In You Understand This Pic / Alcohol-loving Nigerian Couple Gets Prewedding Pics Sponsored By Alcohol Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
"Love with your head and not with your heart" has been often given out as good-will advice these days.
Each time I come across it, I spend close to 1hour pondering on the possibility of that statement.

The truth is that it is not possible. Whether anyone claims it has been helping him/her, the person sure doesn't know what helps him/her.

First of all, Attraction is not a choice. Have you come across someone you said in your mind that you will never "like" but eventually happen to get attracted to that person? Don't blame yourself if you sit to ask yourself "how come?"-- Attraction is not a choice.

However, one thing is sure: It is only a cheat who will tread well in that path of not loving with the heart(my opinion). I've done it before ,and it was the girls who suffered it.

Moreover, in marriage these days, some couples cheat. Does it mean I shouldn't love my wife whole-heartedly? Some people have actually committed suicide because their husband/wife cheated on them. Is the "loving with head" just for boyfriend/girlfriend only or married couples inclusive? What ever happens in gf/bf relationship could still happen in marriage.

Pls, if you are not going to love your partner with your head and heart, you are not ready at all!

If you think it's possible to love with one's head, tell me how, pls.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by histemple: 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
First, I will like to shock you that there is no true love that is not measured. By this I mean, a genuine love is only possible after "the loved" has proven, through series of attitude and genuine concern, that you are really dear to him/her.

Aside, the endearing "value" you have for someone and you feel when the person is absent, there is no such reality as LOVE.

The picture you are trying to paint is indirectly implying that love can be BLIND-------which means there is no reason you love the person-----but that is the stupidity called lust. And yes, it exist and people suffer it's deadly consequences including suicide.

Please be advised, that what we refer to as real love can only be genuine when you can point out to certain factors that distinguishes this fellow apart from the crowd------the least could be that he/she understand and tolerates you more than anyone else.

If you think we don't love with our heads, then show me a man that went to YABA LEFT and fell in love with any madman/madwoman.
Or show me that lady that is in love with a poverty-stricken dwarf.

Infact, I doubt if there is any guy or lady who hasn't set certain attributes a potential life partner must possess----that is loving with the head.
A sickle cell carrier insisting on marrying another sickle carrier is a lust-driven foolishness and no reasonable person supports that.

You will appreciate the essence of loving with your head when you realize that love alone can't sustain any relationship, especially as it reduces or fades away with time.

You will curse the day you loved with only and all your heart when you discover that you are the only one doing so.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by druxy(m): 11:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
I'll comment when I see your thread about being jilted by a girl
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by WAGAZ: 11:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
druxy:
I'll comment when I see your thread about being jilted by a girl

Mark it somewhere I can never come up with that. I've been jilted not once, not even twice. Each one produces a stronger ME.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by Bluezy13(m): 11:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
harsysky:

Mark it somewhere I can't never come up with that. I've been jilted not once, not even twice. Each one produces a stronger ME.

No wonder the irrelevant writeup.
You are yet to get over the most recent
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 11:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
Bluezy13:

No wonder the irrelevant writeup. You are yet to get over the most recent
Wash your eyes and read it again. You don't understand.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by histemple: 11:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
harsysky:

Mark it somewhere I can never come up with that. I've been jilted not once, not even twice. Each one produces a stronger ME.

Then quote me anywhere, you have always loved with your head. Loving with your head as generally advised is not the absence of genuine affection but one that is an appreciation of the qualities and sacrificial selflessness of your partner.

The hard truth is, if you can't tell why you loved someone, then you need to check yourself, because it is likely to be lust than genuine love.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by Bespiel: 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Tell us more abeg.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by Bespiel: 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hi Primus101
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 11:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
histemple:

Then quote me anywhere, you have always loved with your head. Loving with your head as generally advised is not the absence of genuine affection but one that is an appreciation of the qualities and sacrificial selflessness of your partner.

I see it as sugarcoating. Is loving with the head leaves out trust? Cos it is even trust that leads to love, whether heart/head, in the first place.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by histemple: 11:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
harsysky:

I see it as sugarcoating. Is loving with the head leaves out trust? Cos it is even trust that leads to love, whether heart/head, in the first place.

Loving someone because he/she is honest,trustworthy, truthful etc is loving with your head alongside your heart because there is a verified reason for loving that fellow.

Loving without your head is a love that is predicated on no known reason or quality.

I read in your lead post that "attraction is not choice" and I am tempted to ask you-------Can you remember being attracted to a madwoman at the refuse dumpsite? Or do you know a psychologically balanced fellow that did so?
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by primus101(f): 12:01am On Jun 25, 2016
Bespiel:
Hi Primus101
Hi, Bespiel
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by druxy(m): 12:02am On Jun 25, 2016
harsysky:

of course that's why you keep loving with heart forgetting your, head like you said
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 12:07am On Jun 25, 2016
histemple:

Loving someone because he/she is honest,trustworthy, truthful etc is loving with your head alongside your heart because there is a verified reason for loving that fellow.

Loving without your head is a love that is predicated on no known reason or quality.

I read in your lead post that "attraction is not choice" and I am tempted to ask you-------Can you remember being attracted to a madwoman at the refuse dumpsite? Or do you know a psychologically balanced fellow that did so?

There are many factors that could warrant not loving a mad woman. One distinctive reason is that you've not just been or spoken with her.

Coming up with a mad woman has not debunked that reason. Debunk it with any average normal person.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by yemsai(f): 12:08am On Jun 25, 2016
harsysky:

Loving with d heart makes sumone stupid nd foolish in luv,bt wit ur head;u apply ur brain so u wnt b too foolish nd b able to make quick decisions wen d person is nt worth ur love.. relatnship is a 2 way traffic..u give as much as u take...bt if u r nt getting as much as u gv,my brother u r on ur own niyen o..so is better u use ur head..be wise!
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 12:17am On Jun 25, 2016
yemsai:

Loving with d heart makes sumone stupid nd foolish in luv,bt wit ur head;u apply ur brain so u wnt b too foolish nd b able to make quick decisions wen d person is nt worth ur love.. relatnship is a 2 way traffic..u give as much as u take...bt if u r nt getting as much as u gv,my brother u r on ur own niyen o..so is better u use ur head..be wise!

Sisi, in every beginning of relationship, you will very much observe the both parties being so much in love (weda lust or not). You'll observe both parties give eachother everything ( except ones who have ulterior motives).

My reasoning now lies in the long run when one of the two must have experienced one thing or the other ( influence, lust for another person etc) while the other folk is still caught up in the euphoria of love. He or she may come up with "I don't think I'm gonna go on with you" when you are not evening expecting it. Remember, they started out like every other love birds that are still loving themselves till now.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 12:23am On Jun 25, 2016
histemple:
First, I will like to shock you that there is no true love that is not measured. By this I mean, a genuine love is only possible after "the loved" has proven, through series of attitude and genuine concern, that you are really dear to him/her.

Aside, the endearing "value" you have for someone and you feel when the person is absent, there is no such reality as LOVE.

The picture you are trying to paint is indirectly implying that love can be BLIND-------which means there is no reason you love the person-----but that is the stupidity called lust. And yes, it exist and people suffer it's deadly consequences including suicide.

Please be advised, that what we refer to as real love can only be genuine when you can point out to certain factors that distinguishes this fellow apart from the crowd------the least could be that he/she understand and tolerates you more than anyone else.

If you think we don't love with our heads, then show me a man that went to YABA LEFT and fell in love with any madman/madwoman.
Or show me that lady that is in love with a poverty-stricken dwarf.

Infact, I doubt if there is any guy or lady who hasn't set certain attributes a potential life partner must possess----that is loving with the head.
A sickle cell carrier insisting on marrying another sickle carrier is a lust-driven foolishness and no reasonable person supports that.

You will appreciate the essence of loving with your head when you realize that love alone can't sustain any relationship, especially as it reduces or fades away with time.

You will curse the day you loved with only and all your heart when you discover that you are the only one doing so.

What of marriage for instance. There are cheats in marriage. Is your advice applicable to it too?
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by halfricanadian(f): 12:24am On Jun 25, 2016
Since its nt logic to use head

Nd nt save to use heart
Can we use our minds to love grin grin
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 12:35am On Jun 25, 2016
halfricanadian:
Since its nt logic to use head

Nd nt save to use heart
Can we use our minds to love grin grin

Hahahahahaahaha. Mind, I think, is same as head. I stand to be corrected. The reason I've even come up with the thread is because most people think after marriage heartbreaks are over. Eventhough, it is not rampant, heartbreak still occurs in marriage where the couples are required to sincerely love with the "heart"
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by halfricanadian(f): 12:37am On Jun 25, 2016
harsysky:

Hahahahahaahaha. Mind, I think, is same as head. I stand to be corrected. The reason I've even come up with the thread is because most people think after marriage heartbreaks are over. Eventhough, it is not rampant, heartbreak still occurs in marriage where the couples are required to sincerely love with the "heart"

sad sad d way u say it now makes me scared of marriage
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by histemple: 12:37am On Jun 25, 2016
harsysky:

There are many factors that could warrant not loving a mad woman. One distinctive reason is that you've not just been or spoken with her.

Coming up with a mad woman has not debunked that reason. Debunk it with any average normal person.

Let me pretend that you have not seen my earlier examples involving "normal person" wherein I tried to show you that loving without the head is the worst kind of foolishness.

Now look at these scenarios.

A sickle cell carrier marrying another sickle cell carrier is loving without the head-------Do you agree?

Dangote's daughter marrying a poverty-stricken dwarf is loving without the head----Do you agree?

A 20-year-old first-class Harvard female graduate marrying an illiterate 60-years old fisherman from Otuoke is loving without the head-----Do you agree?

I hope these examples are sufficient?
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 12:43am On Jun 25, 2016
halfricanadian:

sad sad d way u say it now makes me scared of marriage

Don't be scared, dear. histemple is already trying to show us the real path. He is making a point though, but I'm not convinced yet.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by histemple: 12:45am On Jun 25, 2016
harsysky:

What of marriage for instance. There are cheats in marriage. Is your advice applicable to it too?

Not really applicable because you are advised to court your potential partner so as to ascertain compatibility. So, if during the courtship you didn't observe or ignored warning signs, then you may painfully consider such as your undoing.

But due to the changing nature of human beings, you can either turn a blind eye or divorce.

Remember that "lack of love" is a ground for which you can divorce your partner?
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 12:46am On Jun 25, 2016
histemple:

Let me pretend that you have not seen my earlier examples involving "normal person" wherein I tried to show you that loving without the head is the worst kind of foolishness.

Now look at these scenarios.

A sickle cell carrier marrying another sickle cell carrier is loving without the head-------Do you agree?

Dangote's daughter marrying a poverty-stricken dwarf is loving without the head----Do you agree?

A 20-year-old first-class Harvard female graduate marrying an illiterate 60-years old fisherman from Otuoke is loving without the head-----Do you agree?

I hope these examples are sufficient?

I know the head comes along with loving. I mean when does the heart comes into play? bf/gf or just Marriage?
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by halfricanadian(f): 12:46am On Jun 25, 2016
harsysky:

Don't be scared, dear. histemple is already trying to show us the real path. He is making a point though, but I'm not convinced yet.

Why are u nt convinced?
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 12:49am On Jun 25, 2016
histemple:

Remember that "lack of love" is a ground for which you can divorce your partner?

Courtship or where (bible: for those who adhere strictly to it)? I wanna know where that one emanates from.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 12:51am On Jun 25, 2016
halfricanadian:

Why are u nt convinced?

His points revolve round bf/gf relationship. I need him to incorporate it into marriage.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by halfricanadian(f): 12:54am On Jun 25, 2016
harsysky:

His points revolve round bf/gf relationship. I need him to incorporate it into marriage.
Oh u like marriage or are u married ?
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 12:58am On Jun 25, 2016
halfricanadian:

Oh u like marriage or are u married ?

Not married. Just wana get insight whether it is all about "laying all eggs in a basket" (head, heart, soul , every every).

I very much like marriage. Everything I read now is mainly on marriage. I think it's almost near.
Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by halfricanadian(f): 12:59am On Jun 25, 2016
harsysky:

Not married. Just wana get insight whether it is all about "laying all eggs in a basket" (head, heart, soul , every every).

Why not shocked and u asking dat? Sure all ur eggs in one basket na grin atleast na only one womb go fertilize all ur children

1 Like

Re: Loving With Your Head Alone Doesn't Exist. by harsysky(m): 1:01am On Jun 25, 2016
halfricanadian:

Why not shocked and u asking dat? Sure all ur eggs in one basket na grin atleast na only one womb go fertilize all ur children

I needed you to answer that, so that you could refer it to the thread topic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Do This? (pic) / Why Do Ugly Ladies Have Sweet Voices / Are Nigerian Girls Still Worth Dating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.