Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,249 members, 7,957,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:36 PM

Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday (15516 Views)

Truecaller Reaches 100 Million Daily Active Users / Airtel Megapack Problems: Users Are Experiencing This, No Response From Airtel / Whatsapp Users Can Now Change The Font Of Their Messages - See How It Is Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Feranmicharles(m): 8:34am On Jun 25, 2016
am not one of the 1M, and also, am not one of the first 31 to comment on First pagesad nawa ooo. Wetin I wan be part of
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by justi4jesu(f): 8:34am On Jun 25, 2016
chinoify:
Use it to call bae, she will insult the hell out of you. But she can call with it.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by AngryNigerian(m): 8:34am On Jun 25, 2016
Mark Zukerberg don finish us!

That guy is smart!
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by GBAGAAUN(m): 8:35am On Jun 25, 2016
Ah big money oo shocked
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by GBAGAAUN(m): 8:35am On Jun 25, 2016
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by bittertruthz: 8:37am On Jun 25, 2016
Fairytales:
It's not clear in Naija

How will it clear with MTN and the rest........................... Nigerians are cheated by these companies. Imagine 100 millions subscribers using network capacity of 10 million subscribers.

I use my whats app and viber here regularly. I recharge less because most people i call use whatsapp or Viber so i call them free of charge.
I ALSO RECHARGE MY VIBER-OUT CALL FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS. $1 VIBER CREDIT CAN CALL NIGERIA FOR ABOUT 10+ MINUTES.
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by KOMBE: 8:37am On Jun 25, 2016
Mine is very clear but it takes time to deliver and as such the conversation is very clumsy.
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Kylexy3000(m): 8:39am On Jun 25, 2016
Those networks manipulate their internet speed cus of dis feature..
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 25, 2016
Fairytales:
It's not clear in Naija
It's very clear when the network is okay
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by WAGAZ: 8:48am On Jun 25, 2016
Wow
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Raiders: 8:50am On Jun 25, 2016
Fairgodwin:
It still needs some improvements, I must confess. I only enjoy it when I use 3G, especially the Glo 3G (because of my location). But all in all, I think it's a very good and useful feature.
I think it's because of your network provider. I use T-Mobile 4G lite in the US for whatapp and its extremely clear but When I call my Nigeria friends especially those using Glo. It's not always clear.
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by loomer: 8:52am On Jun 25, 2016
Una own better
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Acidosis(m): 8:53am On Jun 25, 2016
I hope MTN has hired enough Intrapreneurs? Failure to remain innovative will ground their business.

There are a million ways to make money in a typical telecom organization, but since they've decided to remain short-sighted in their recruitment processes, they should get ready to lose profit.

Immediately I read this headline, an idea for MTN just dropped in my mind, but I won't be stating that here.

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by fascowilly(m): 8:55am On Jun 25, 2016
TechPill:
WhatsApp users are making 100 million calls everyday, the company has announced. Most users are now getting familiar and feel safe using the whatsApp calling feature which was added months ago, Maybe due to the End-to end encryption feature which now make whatsapp users feel safe and secured.

Just for those who are new to this, if any, the whatsapp calling feature allows you to make calls to another whatsapp users without paying a dime to your network provider instead it uses your data or wi-fi to make the call. And of course you must have a very good Internet network to do that.

Most folks are now ditching their phone dedicated voice calling feature by using apps like Whatsapp and Skype for numerous reasons. but some of the reasons revolved around end-to-end encryption, cheaper rate, superb call quality, easy group calling, etc.

In a blog post this week, Whatsapp announced that there are 100 million voice calls which take place on whatsapp everyday, which amount to 1,100 calls every second, that's huge right?

Side note, most Africa countries are not really using the whatsapp calling features due to the poor internet network. In Nigeria for example, most telecommunication companies do have a snail like internet speed which are only good for opening webpages not to talk of using an app for calling over the network. So only a tiny fraction of the 100 million whatsapp call made everyday belong to Africa.

Are you using the Whatsapp calling feature? What network? Tell us your experience.

Source: http://www.techpill.net/2016/06/whatsapp-users-are-making-100-million.html

[img]http://2.bp..com/-J7nlhNbkFgo/V23nujQIeVI/AAAAAAAABAA/xNP-2cGW39g4H4uaT-jB5cC3EsePdsfrwCK4B/s1600/WhatsApp%2B100%2Bmillion%2Bcalls%2Ba%2Bday.jpg[/img]
иιçє σиє
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Bondesniger(m): 8:55am On Jun 25, 2016
call gone bad in some areas in Nigeria
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Wizkoko(m): 9:03am On Jun 25, 2016
It's not easy to make the call, because of the time it takes to hear the person you are talking to. The whole conversation gets mixed up as a result of the delay, and you, therefore, have to use "over" at the end of every speech.
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by MIMOSAXY(m): 9:03am On Jun 25, 2016
Ignatio:
But the voice reception delays.

Exact!!! During conversations, my speeches are always 15 delayed for 15 seconds, while the recipient speeches are delivered immediately.

chinoify:
Use it to call bae, she will insult the hell out of you. But she can call with it.

Lols
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Norstrademus(m): 9:04am On Jun 25, 2016
I communicate with my queen Ivyy through this medium
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Acidosis(m): 9:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Pavore9:
MTN and other telcos will not be happy over this.

Soon, they will run out of biz.

The second image - about happening in Ghana. Rather than think outside the box, they're considering a ban on WhatsApp, Viber calls, etc.

Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Fairgodwin(m): 9:14am On Jun 25, 2016
Raiders:
I think it's because of your network provider. I use T-Mobile 4G lite in the US for whatapp and its extremely clear but When I call my Nigeria friends especially those using Glo. It's not always clear.

You're very funny sir. We're talking about network services in Nigeria you're talking about USA..
All our network providers here are only 'managing,' I nor even know whether dem dey fear to improve or they warned them sey if dem improve dem go deal with dem, seriously I nor know oo.
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Akjr(m): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2016
Ma own be like say them dey filtter water... Ur own fa?
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by kingawo(m): 9:26am On Jun 25, 2016
no b naija

Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Akjr(m): 9:27am On Jun 25, 2016
Ma own be like say them dey filtter water... Na so dah day i dei praise my gf, d tin change am to insult, end of our relation.. Ur own fa?
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 25, 2016
Sure i use it. With 4G Orange network or WiFi. It works very Nice. No prb. I love it. Thé same With BBM vidéo call.
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 25, 2016
Fairytales:
It's not clear in Naija

change your network. stop using emptyhen.

WhatsApp call is the best. cheap, crystal clear, best for international calls. I can't wait for them to Introduce a video call feature.
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Sike(m): 10:15am On Jun 25, 2016
U can only enjoy whatsapp if U have a good and stable Internet connection.
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by Coldfeets: 10:22am On Jun 25, 2016
[size=15pt]MTN Directors be like: [/size]

Chai!
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by butanep(m): 11:02am On Jun 25, 2016
chinoify:

Oboy the day I say let me test this whatsapp call with my babe. She para nor be small. She said which kind nonsense I was trying to do. She said only cheap babes pick whatsapp calls. Ever since then I give up.

The irony is that my friends in Italy and Spain use it to call me and we speak very fine and the communication is very effective.

Nigeria has a long way to go shall but as a country and we as individual.
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by jude90(m): 11:15am On Jun 25, 2016
wow
Re: Whatsapp Users Are Making 100 Million Calls Everyday by ubamfrank: 11:22am On Jun 25, 2016
I use glo and it's very clear. whatsapp, bbm and imo voice call are clear with glo 3g

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Mymtnapp And Get 500mb Free Data / Guys Please Help! I Can't Install Some Games From Xender / How Can I Used BBM On Wifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.