Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Why Late Marriage Happens. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Late Marriage Happens. (742 Views)

14 Things Ladies Need To Work On To Avoid Late Marriage In 2018 / When Ladies See Handsome Guys: See What Happens / Early Marriage Or Late Marriage,which Is Much More Better... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Late Marriage Happens. by Beleeez(m): 11:46am On Jun 25, 2016
I had started on this burden over twelve months ago but never concluded it. I pray I do this time and get it posted to encourage someone and warn others. I reconnected with someone again last week who was well into her forties and still single. I was so distressed that because if I add five years to her current age, I discovered that at that age my mum was already a Grand mum! I believe it’s not hopeless if we do what we need to do and trust God for the rest. A lady and her friends who do not care about men and their peculiarities while in their twenties cannot blame anyone if they cannot find husbands ten years after. You attract what you respect.

1. INVICIBILITY SYNDROME
“I can never marry late”
This is the greatest error in this matter. Life happens. Years count quickly even when you wish it is not happening. It can happen to anyone. I have seen singles who are virgins at 38! Its therefore not a case of bad lifestyle only.
All it could take will be two or three unserious relationships in your prime and you “get left behind”. This syndrome is usually a function of wrong focus. Even if you do not run after men, there is a window God has given women to naturally attract men

2. CONTROL SYNDROME
“I can marry anyone whenever I choose to”
This is a myth. If you choose this option, you will marry a “nobody”! The fact that you have the best job in the world and largest account balance does not guarantee finding true love! Sometimes, the test of knowing a true love is based on limiting the display and flaunting of affluence. That way you get people who love you for who you are and not what you have! Honey is good but it can attract unwanted flies too. Most times, true love happens when you may not be able to “control” or “defer” it and where you don’t expect. The key is to be prepared such that when it happens be sure you are good to go! The next door may be years away! Let go of the control! It’s sheer arrogance. Let God Lord lead you.

3. LACK OF PREPARATION
“I don’t know, when they come around me, I am confused”
You are confused because you are not ready. If you read Genesis 24 very well about how Rebecca was selected, you will clearly see that Rebecca was ready! Success is preparation plus opportunity.. She gave an affirmative answer because she was ready. Who will ask you if you want to go out when you are still in bathroom sleepers? A lot of people do not know that they have not even left their life’s bed, not yet showered and they have passed the noon time of their adult lives! Are you ready? Seriously! Are you? And if you are not – when are you going to get ready? Your thirty second birthday was six months ago. Stop making prayer contractors out of Men of God. The anointing can only take you as far as you are ready!
If you do not wake up on time, by the time you do, the major windows of marital opportunities might have been closed. Do I want to be an 18-hour day career woman? Ask yourself? Can I marry a younger man? Can I marry an older woman? These are part of the preparation? Do it now. You have partied enough! You have carried enough “Aso-ebi” for parties? Take the next weekend off your BBM, twitter and facebook and “Whatsapp” – seat down – ask questions and answer them. Why do these men keep walking away from me? Stop giving your money to “Kalo – kalo” pastors! Face Heaven yourself in your private room, ask questions and pray. It can also involve smaller issues as to what kind of dress you can wear! How much of flesh can I reveal? This will dictate who you attract and who you are attracted to. Why am I making so much fuss on this? If you are not prepared, you will live and walk in Confusion. Trust me, no one want to marry a certified pain.

4. WRONG HABITAT
“I don’t know why its only married men who ask to take me out”
Go where your mates are! Simple! You spend all weekend in clubs and bars and you are complaining of married men asking you out. They believe you are an “expendable” and they will treat you as such. No matter how much I love a live fish, if I take it from the aquarium and put it on my comfortable expensive bed, it will die. You thrive where your species are. When you are married to a career till 11pm including Sundays and no time to attend church singles meetings, only the people you meet at the management meetings and luncheons will ask you for a date and most of the time they can’t marry you as they have commitments they intend to keep at home and they sorted out their marital affairs while building their own career. Make a choice! And change your location if you have to.

Source http://banjiadesanmiministry.org/will-i-ever-marry-evangelistbee-will-i/
Re: Why Late Marriage Happens. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 25, 2016
In search of rich Mr right cheesy
Re: Why Late Marriage Happens. by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 25, 2016
Pandorabox:
In search of rich Mr right cheesy

Re: Why Late Marriage Happens. by foolinlove(f): 11:54am On Jun 25, 2016
Maybe it's because women are sick of putting up with cheaters and guys can't control themselves until an older age. Or they hide their cheating better in older age.

(1) (Reply)

A Very Touching Story.... / Just For Chats / I’ve Slept With 5000 Men – Kenyan Oldest Prostitute Who Never Misses Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.