Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,151 members, 7,838,932 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) (2957 Views)

Messi, Ribery & Ronaldo On 23-man Ballon D'or Shortlist / Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. / For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by kitaun(m): 7:56pm On Nov 29, 2006
grin grin grin grin

What a funny list grin grin

Do you want to turn this place to some Jokes section, lol shocked grin

R O T F L M A O

majority of those players that you even listed have their best years behind them already, or you are trying to make jest of them? grin
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Jackal(m): 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2006
Mention those players that have past their peak.

Ryan Giggs is the oldest in the pack and he is 1000000 times better than Hleb.
I will put 20m pounds on Giggs as a manager and tell Hleb to Bleep off if i were to choose btw em 2.
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by edmondo(m): 10:24pm On Nov 29, 2006
i think henry is not in form this session, so he cant get world best. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by gaby(m): 10:28pm On Nov 29, 2006
Pls my friend the award isnt going for this season ok,
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by kitaun(m): 12:19am On Nov 30, 2006
@Gaby, are you surprised he doesn't know any better?
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by amodu(m): 9:00am On Nov 30, 2006
Jackal nice list. cool
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by dayokanu(m): 9:54am On Nov 30, 2006
Candidly I dont think Henry deserves to be on the list what did he do in the year ended ; lost the UCL and the world cup final, Just like Bernd Schneider, Carsten Ramelow and probably Michael Ballack in 2002 and they were not nominated, Lucio won one and lost one in 2002 and was not nominated, Carlos won both and did not win world player so what is the fuss about Henry.

Ask yourself; Someone that is not the best player in France how can he be the best player in the world.
We all saw what happened to France when Zidane retired after 2004 a Henry inspired France couldnt beat Faroe Island and Israel they had to invite Zidane back for them to qualify
In the last world cup Zidane was the best French Player by miles so why give the second best player in France world player of the year? If Henry wants to win he should take France to 2008 Euro cup play consistently and win the trophy for France without Zidane and if he is not given, I would lead a riot grin grin grin
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by loyika(m): 10:54am On Nov 30, 2006
Ok calm down everyone  shocked

Henry not winning FIFA award is not the end of the world, and i really do not think its TH's priority right now. Trophies are what he is after, individual awards are good, but they can come at any time.

I mean two of the best directors in the world (in my opinion) have not won Oscars (Scorsese and Altman; although they gave Altman a life time achievement award just before he kicked the bucket) yet they keep sucking Spielberg's a@* even when he made Forrest Gump So TH's time will eventually come before he retires believe that.

@ Jackal That list was woeful tongue

SWP, JS PARK, YAKS

Come on man, Yaks is a f@*king forward ffs

I know you hate the Arse, my feeling for the scum is mutual, but come the F@*k on, comparing Hleb to JS Park is just a crime against human rights and you should be tried in the Hague for war crimes grin

I hope Zidane (Bald head) wins it, but the "BALD HEADED ONE" (Blatter tongue) will make sure Cannavaro (another bald head) wins it, So Ronnie sorry cry cry You have hair, and thats a NO! NO! this year grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by RiffRaff: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2006
for me all the three people shortlisted had a better year than henry.
with ronaldinho winning the champions league. we all saw ronaldinho's influence in the champions legue and the spanish league.
fabio cannavaro winning the title with juve and went to the win the world cup final without a yellow card for a defender.
Zidane an inspiration to france at the world cup. definately had more influence on the french team than Henry did.
i think cannavaro or ranaldinho will win it.
for all u gunners fan sucking about it. kiss my ass.
i gotta congratulate bolton cuz they shit on arsenal again and again
BOLTON kiss ur BRide kiss hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Gunners 4 relegation!!!!!!
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by loyika(m): 11:53am On Nov 30, 2006
Riff Raff angry

How can you win a league, if you cheated to win, and you had 2 medals taken away from you

Basically whats your point, i presume you support Chelski, please tell all NL members, when was the last time a Chelsea player was nominated!! Oh i am sure now you are going to sat FAT FRANK, We all saw how Brilliant he was at the WC, They even did him a favour and gave him a pen to at least register his name @ the Mundial, and he even missed that. tongue

At the end of the season, where will Bolton be Arsenal will probably be 3rd or 4th, so basically you are telling us stories, which team has not lost this season; Real lost to Lyon for the upteenth time, Barca lost to Sevilla and Chelsea, Chelsea lost to The Spuds, The Mancs lost against the Arse.

So Bolton beating us is nothing new, Riff Raff "teams lose!!", THATS WHY ITS A GAME

cool GOONER 89
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Jackal(m): 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2006
@ Loyika,

Thats not the point.
Teams lose but NOT in the manner by which Arsenal is losing.
Arsenal has lost 4 in 14 matches. Chelsea has lost 2 in 15 and United has lost just once in 15.
Barca has lost once in 12 and Madrid has lost 2 in 12. So why are u comparing these teams to ur shitty Arsenal team?
Arsenal has played less matches than everyone in the EPL and has lost more than Man Utd and Chelsea.
I won't stake my bet that Arsenal will finish above Bolton and Spurs this season.
You are only saying this as a fan but if u do some soul-searching u will know this Arsenal team will not achieve anything.

There's no hunger.
Henry has lost the initiatives and some players are not just up to it.
Why don't u guys move to the Scottish league and allow Celtic FC or Rangers to take ur place here in the EPL.
Until all gooners show me a CERTIFICATE OF IMPROVEMENT u will be seen here as a toothless barking dog.
All mouthz-No action.

Buncha schmuks. grin
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by tosinadeda: 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2006
Bunch of bastards thats wut they are
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by kitaun(m): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2006
@Loyika, why bother to reply someone that the name speaks for~ Riffraff?
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by justkunmi(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2006
all this arguement is uncalled for. the plain simple fact is this.

HENRY IS NOT WORTHY OF THE WORLD'S BEST PLAYER, end of discussion.

he really has not done anything. . . . . and i mean anything.

the last meaningful thing he won was the highest goal scorer award in the EPL. . .and pls, wat the f**k is FIFA's bizznezz with scoring a lotta goals for club and be an arse for country.

do u guys even know how these players are shortlisted?? FIFA's award is voted for by the coach and captain of all 207 national teams, who each pick their top three players of the year.

simply put. . . HENRY HAS NOT IMPRESSED HIS FELLOW PLAYERS AND COACHES OF THE NATIONAL TEAMS, . .SO ANYONE WHO THINKS BLATTER HAD A HAND IN HENRY'S MISFORTUNE SHOULD PLS SHOOT HIMSELF IN THE BALLS. grin
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Jackal(m): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2006
Shoot himself in the balls?

U are one bad-ass meanie.
Lemme add to it that such individual should use a 12-gauge shotgun with cupro-nickel laced bullets to bust his own ballz. grin
Henry, world's best player? I am having a wicked laugh.
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by justkunmi(m): 1:12pm On Nov 30, 2006
omg jackal, u are too mean. . . . . all that specs on a bullet??

i dont think henry himself is crying like his fans are. . .cos i ont think he himself was expecting to get it anyway undecided
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by loyika(m): 1:32pm On Nov 30, 2006
@ Jackal and Jk all this dick sucking has just got to stop grin

"Oh Jackal that was so wonderful" "JK damn your the best!!"

We are talking footie here not praising each others lyrics

Did i say that TH deserved it, What i said was that Cannevaro doesn't.

@Jackal why are you changing tone now, i know that you don't think very much of Blatter and the FIFA Goons, but nah!! now that its about Henry!! Oh wait a minute FIFA are great!!.

Come on Man, cool leave sentiments aside

I really couldn't care less about FIFA, Look at how high Naija is on the ranking, could anyone please tell me when last Nigerian played a damn Secondary School match!? Talkless of a Friendly.

Every one knows these awards are biased, even with what JK put up as the criteria, i would believe Zizuo might pick up the votes, But does anyone actually believe Blatter will let Zizuo get it, the only way he will let that happen is if the pressure is to much for them to give Zidane one last hurrah.

JK these awards are influenced, please stop talking naively. If Henry doesn't win, how the f@*k does that help Arsene get the team to be consistent. So this thread is a no brainer as far as i am concerned tongue

HENRY is not short listed!!

End of F@*king story!!

(No more praise singing guys, we are not at a PDP rally!!)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by justkunmi(m): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2006
PDP rally. . .lol. grin

@loyika

i ain't beefing henry and i'm not his fan either.
wat i just know is that the FIFA awards is not decided by one person.

a whole lotta people get to vote and the 3 highest get shortlisted. Out of this 3, the FIFA executives get to vote for the eventual winner.

If henry had been shortlisted and ended up not winning, then u can hang blatter. But he was not shortlisted in the first place, that means he didn't even qualify to the stage where blatter can be biased. . . . .

Even when he was nominated for European Player of the year alongside Shevchenko and Ronaldinho, did he win? and i clearly believe that blatter's long legs did not influence the decision. or did it? cheesy
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by kitaun(m): 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2006
@Loyika, one thing we all know is every dog has its day! let them keep hating, it dont change nada, let this people be with their Pdp praise-singing, abi na me talk say since all these yrs make any Man U player no dey singled out for individual honours at the senior level at home or abroad?
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Grizzly(m): 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2006
hmmm, cool
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by justkunmi(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2006
*yawns*
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by kitaun(m): 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2006
Keep yawning man
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by sayaya: 6:01am On Dec 01, 2006
u guys are jst blabbing what did henry do last season , They were uselss at the bes\ginng until aftre beatin real madrid they woke up, He won nothing he went to both finals but what did he win , Why should his name be there even , he play in EPL with bunch of useles defebders like bramble and dowson , even me i will score 40 goals with those uselss guys, so jst keep ur mouth shut all i sayin henry bla bla,

Zizou
Canna
Fucking ronadinho third
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by kitaun(m): 7:08am On Dec 01, 2006
And maybe you would have taken some time to edit ur post?
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by RiffRaff: 9:13am On Dec 01, 2006
@ loyika

What is this argument about? we all know that henry is not the best player in the world.
Coaches and players thet nominated all the nominees are not blind. henry has not immpressed them that was why he wasnt't nominated.
You can argue all u want, i personally think theirs nothing wrong with this fifa nominations.

If arsenal keeps playing this way. u will be amazed that u will miss next years champ league.

Am not a chelsea fan, i'm a manchester united fan and as u can see we dont suck around like arsenal. grin
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by loyika(m): 10:50am On Dec 01, 2006
Ahhhhh Riffy cool

So you are another Scumite, Bless you my child

Please remind us all who got knocked out of the CL group stage last season and didn't even have the decency to get into the Uefa cup champ; Oh i remember it was that team up north, whats their name again MAN UNITED grin

Riff we have only played 14 games, Man!!

Things are not sorted out until the last game has been played and the final whistle has been blown to end the EPL season, so don't worry about us getting into the CL, worry instead (as we are worried also) about beating or drawing with the stupid portugese at OT, so you can enter the second round, cause two knock out in a row would be a shame, don't you think

As for TH, Riff please take time and read my other posts to Jackal and JK and see my stand on the issue. But let me give you a brief summary

I DON'T GIVE A F@*k!!

Does Henry winning the award help Arsenal in anyway ; NO so right now i couldn't care less if Blatters mother was nominated as the best slapper during her high school days!!

Is that ok for you. Cheers Mate cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by kitaun(m): 11:04am On Dec 01, 2006
@Loyika, methinks its baseless giving some people attention based on their posts or what explains why peeps cant alienate players and their individual honours from their club honours? Was there not Arsenal before Henry? and when and if he leaves, would Arsenal be disbanded or bankrupt?
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Jackal(m): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2006
@ Riff-Raff,

U are absoTRUTHly spot-on.
Man United don't suck around like Arsenal does.
Arsenal fans will never understand Henry is a local champion. He is a god in his club but a zero for country or in Europe.
Adebayor or Van Persie would have performed better than Henry at the last UEFA champions league finals.
He was shambolic that night and his crucial misses gave Barca the opportunity to rally back and snatch a victory.

@ Loyika,
This is more than a PDP rally.
Sepp Blatter had no hand in the short-listed names.
Henry does not deserve to be in the short-list as far as his performance in year 2006 is concerned.
He should buckle-up fast this season and see if he can take another crack-shot at it next year.
Henry has been a shadow of himself and his inconsistencies is one of the reasons why Arsenal is on a huge decline.

UCL is not a do or die affair for Man U because United is one of the very few teams to have achieved it in England.
Arsenal and even Chelski are still trying to make themselves known as far as that competition is concerned.
Its the team that wins that history remembers not who got to which stage.
Barcelona is all i can remember about last year's UCL and Man Utd is what i remember in the 1999 edition.
Team Arsenal never flashes on people's mind whenever UEFA title is mentioned. Its a jinx, London clubs cannot win it.
What the Scousers and the Mancs can do Londoners can NEVER do it.

@ Kitaun,
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
All i can say to u is Arsenal 1-2 Tottenham.
The unwinning run has started again. shocked
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Christino(m): 11:20am On Dec 01, 2006
sayaya:

u guys are jst blabbing what did henry do last season , They were uselss at the bes\ginng until aftre beatin real madrid they woke up, He won nothing he went to both finals but what did he win , Why should his name be there even , he play in EPL with bunch of useles defebders like bramble and dowson , even me i will score 40 goals with those uselss guys, so jst keep your mouth shut all i sayin henry bla bla,

Zizou
Canna
Fucking ronadinho third

Typical naija man,

Maybe you should start by reviving Nassarawa United by playing against defenders like Orjinta shocked Are you on Coastal  Paraga? shocked

@ Topic (this one fit long o, no mind my story, just get the points out)

I've been reading comments so far, I really need to bare my mind on this.

Firstly, it wouldn't be news if Henry wasn't cheated. Why did the story have to make headlines on papers and websites?
Google Henry not listed on bla bla bla and see results. Why are people not clamouring for some other player? That implies that there has to be an abstract reason.

Okay, the first time Ronnie (Aderanyin) won this award, he did not win a major trophy. So getting to the final and not winning the trophy is not enough excuse. (Please Ronnie was outstanding with about 15 goals and 22 assists if i can remember and he rescued Barcelona from their jinx/mystery) but no major trophy, but a second place finish in the league and good outing @ the world cup(this time around nko?).

Oliver Khan was named player of the tournament in Germany, but conceded 2 goals in the final, including a butter finger slip (olu omo ronaldo was on form!) - no trophy. Simply outstanding!

But how can a team go far without someone inspiring them? Barca and Milan were favorites for the cup back then and it was no news seeing them in the Final, but it was a great shock to see Arsenal there (first time).

Gerrard's inspiration for Liverpool back then (though no league crown) shoulda earned him the award then if that was the case, simply outstanding Roman was prepared to rob the bank, and last season too, a midfielder of that class scored 23 goals in all competition journalists are not bothered that his name did not appear, they all want to know why Henry did not make it.

As far as i'm concerned, there's a deal between Barca and Fifa, check the days of Romario, Ronaldo and Rivaldo and now Ronaldino. (If your name starts with an R and has an a in the middle and ends with an o and you can play FIRE and you belong to Barca the crown is yours!) so i won't be surprised if they give it to Ronnie again.

If they needed a "valedictory" gift for Zidane, they should try some other means, just some months ago, they showed how much of a bitch they were to Zidane by fining Materazzi for verbal attack (i don't think there is a player in this world who has not been verbally battered on pitch - absolute nonsense to end the case like that) and now he gets a nomination above all who played so well! This is one aspect that cannot be justified but for sentiments. What about Makelele, Thuram and Viera? wait sef, no negro in the list grin Ori mi o i'm laughing here o, blacks really need to step up ke? cheesy

Just last month, Ronnie won an award, so did Eto'o, Messi and the Barca team itself (now tell me, do you see any foul play here, all because they did the double or woteva?)

And then to top it all, FiFA shoulda looked at Sevilla who had just returned to the Primera Liga and have done so much like winning the UEFA cup, finishing 5th and DESTROYING FIFA's almighty Barca to become the overall victors (European) last season! Now that is some inspirational shit Ronnie did 3 years ago and that'll be fairness on FiFa's part. I hope they give it to Cannavaro this time (Juve's issue was not his fault anyway), good outing @ the club/world cup but poor finish in Europe.

Henry go wait tire o, unless shame catch them sha, but like Okocha, e be like say na so things go dey go o.

Won't be surprised to see Ronnie named "European Fooballer of the year someday, by default" na then dem go explain pass!!! angry

Politics as usual.
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Christino(m): 11:37am On Dec 01, 2006
@ Kit,

When a player performs so well, the club tend to look up to him @ all times. Brazil's flop @ d world cup was partly due to Ronnies tiredness, If Yak is not on good form, Boro ends the game without a goal, Liverpool prayed hard for Gerrard to return to his best. People said England exited from the Euro 2004 and the world cup due to Rooney's woteva woteva,

Now the world knows the FIRE behind Arsenal's success is Henry and if he's not inspired, I fear things will go on like that. Teams that go to relegation are usually not individually bad, but when the firepower is missing, there's hell. Do you remember Leed's made it to the semifinal of the Champion's league before their relegation? How did such a team go down (forget debts and other excuses, they are not alone in that aspect), the Bakke's,Smith,Viduka and Kewell but to mention a few. Even with Mascherano and Tevez plus the great guys in westham, they went on an unending losing spree (Pardew said Reo Coker was playing all that while with a back injury - can you imagine?).

Unless we intend to runaway from that fact, without a capable genius and firepower (be it a midfielder or an attacker, or even a defender (Pernia scored 11 for athletico last season) he must be able to score goals when the team is down) you guys will just have to wait. RVP is trying but until Igwe returns to form, it's not going to be Uhuru!

Imagine an injured/out of form Rooney in an Ericsson's camp - It's DOOMSdAY!
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by loyika(m): 11:43am On Dec 01, 2006
Christino cool

Where have you been all my life

Guy for that analysis, no matter what else you say, i will never go against it, whether i agree or disagree with it wink

Please help me and tell them, Like i told Jackal, its quite strange how all of a sudden he has this new found love for FIFA.

We all know politics are involved in these stuff, Jose Pekeman said it best when he was talking about the discrimination against other players that are not Brazillian. FIFA is one of the most biased organisations there is

You say TH hasn't performed for country , Jackal he is 2 goals shy of Platini's record, FFS man What more do you want from the Lad, You and i know if it were RVN or Giggsy or Ronnie in this same situation you will be screaming blue murder.

Like i said, Right now what ever FIFA does couldn't move me, as i don't take anything they do seriously, Imagine that bitch Blatter saying that there is no need for TV replays, When every one knows that the Fouth official used TV replays for the Zidane incident, Cause unless you were watching the TV, and saw the replay; NO ONE SAW IT.

How can i now be bother whether they noiminate Cele Babayro for an Award. grin

FIFA SUCKS tongue and of that there is no arguement.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by kitaun(m): 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2006
@Chris, wow brilliant 1st post like loyika confirmed but my grudge against ur 2nd post is; when its about a player people should talk of the player in the light of his individual, club and national honours and not drag the club itself in, the poser is Henry not being shortlisted for Best player in the World award not Arsenal being shortlisted for Best team of the World, just like Nigeria made Cameroun look like crap and eliminated them in 1/8 final but yet Etoo still was 'dashed' the best player award in 2004 ahead of Okocha who broke records upon records, am sure no particular mention could be made about his contribution to country cos if not for Okoronkwo's foolishness he might not have scored at that Nations Cup, so peeps quit yapping about Henry's performance for country, even Platini is waiting 4 the lad to surpass him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Man United [0 - 0] On Wednesday 10th November 2010 / The Green Gooner - An Arsenal Blog / Fulham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Monday 14th February 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.