Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,659 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) (2956 Views)

Messi, Ribery & Ronaldo On 23-man Ballon D'or Shortlist / Mourinho Is Unfair To The Current Real Madrid Coach. / For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Christino(m): 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2006
@ Loyika,

Na me be that o, no vex if you don't agree with me, i'm just being me!

@ Kit,

I did not read the first poster's comment, I only jumped into the conclusion that you guys were arguing about how important Henry is to Arsenal,

No qualms.
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Jackal(m): 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2006
It is only a club like Arsenal where the fans(Loyika and co) and the manager try to force an award on a player.
I am yet to see Fergie, Mourinho or Rafa Benitez forcing an award on their players.
If u are good, u dont need an advertisement to broadcast that u good.
Good players let their class speak for itself.

Had Henry won the UCL with Arsenal he would have been named the player of the year by miles.
Ronaldinho got nominated cos he won a double.
Cannavaro is there cos he won the world cup and he marshalled his defence to conceed the fewest goals possible in a tournament.
Zidane got there cos he single-handedly inspired his team-mates to reach the finals which they lost unfortunately.

Can someone kindly tell me how Henry matches up with the achievements of the 3 players listed above.
The only thing Henry can lay claims to is the EPL golden boot in the whole 2006.
Lets remember Etoo, Luca Toni and Klaas Huntelaar can also lay claims to the awards if golden boot is the yard-stick.
To be frank, Samuel Etoo deservedto be there more than Henry and i am yet to hear Rijkaard disapprove of the list.
I think Wenger should just tape it shut and concentrate on the league rather than crying over a spilt milk.

@ Loyika,
I can't be bothered about FIFA.
They might have been wrong in the past with their choices but i think they got it spot-on this time.
Etoo should have replaced Ronaldinho but i would have been gutted if Henry had been nominated above the 2 Barca maestros.

Cristiano Ronaldo lost out in the young player award at the World Cup.
Can u show me any comments i made or anything Ferguson said as regards to it?
Nobody cares about that in teams like Man Utd or other Premiership teams
There are better things to think about than who won what award or fuckever.
Do u now know why Wenger was called a Viewer?
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by kitaun(m): 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2006
U make me laff as usual Uncle Jackal, so Etoo's non appearance at the Mundial counts 4 nothing or even Dinho's mediocre outing ought to translate him over Henry in a World Cup year where he was largely anonymous? We have said clearly its all good let him move on with his life. We all know why Ronaldo was denied the young player award(you can ask rooney), the power of a wink if u ask me! basically pointless for Fergie a Scot to try risking the anger of the English innit?
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by loyika(m): 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2006
@jackal. ok then i guess Jose M doesn't talk about Liverpool and Barca all the time

I guess he is not the one making statements about Man United every other day.

Like i said some time i feel if not for your bias against everything Arsenal, i qould get your point/ But as usual you just have this intense hatred for Arsenal, like i do for the scum i must admit. Jackal i guess Houliier is also affliated to Arsenal when he said Henry was cheated. Oh then again you will use the french arguement,

So Jose Pekerman that critisied FIFA for their biases is also an Arsenal supporter

Why dear jackal would Rikkard complain. pray tell where does Ronaldinho ply his trade.

C Ronaldo had issues because of the Wanye Rooney stuff. Now Jackal you don't expect Sir Alex to now stoke the flames by getting involved

Is Maureen not the one making Drogba tongue to start having a big head which the Sonofabitch can't carry.

@Jackal please a little fairness in your arguements wouldn't go amiss

I keep saying that I DON'T GIVE A F@$K about FIFA

Never have never will. So i couldn't care less whether Boa Morte is nominated tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Akolawole(m): 1:12am On Dec 05, 2006
What a topic again this year!

No comment.
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by kitaun(m): 1:41am On Dec 05, 2006
Better, as passing comments this belatedly might ruffle feathers!
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Christino(m): 9:10am On Dec 05, 2006
Real's new Golden Balls:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=394582&root=europe&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2&cc=3888

An expert's view on the whole sh*t and Real Madrid claiming glory for what they did not work for (Cannavaro).
Re: Henry Misses Fifa Award Shortlist (this Is Just Unfair To Henry) by Silentgroper(m): 8:09pm On Oct 28, 2020
Abeg wey thread 4 bayern vs juve

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Man United [0 - 0] On Wednesday 10th November 2010 / The Green Gooner - An Arsenal Blog / Fulham Vs Chelsea [0 - 0] On Monday 14th February 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.