Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

The Osun State School Saga And Questions To Answer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Osun State School Saga And Questions To Answer (488 Views)

Dieziani Loot: Jonathan Has Questions To Answer‎ – Festus Keyamo / CCB Declares Saraki Has No Case To Answer / The Dino Saga And Its Many Implications For Our Political And Educational System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Osun State School Saga And Questions To Answer by OlivetBen(m): 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
I would have chosen to keep mute concerning the issue in Osun state but a saying goes thus "an adult doesn't watch a she-goat deliver in tether", and I want to say this, that when eyes see and mouth speak not,the mouth should be blamed but if mouth speak and caution is not taken,the ear is to be blamed. I'm very sorry to bring it up this time of d day but d fact remains that it will keep on coming up until the issue is finally laid to rest.

I have a little knowledge of how formal education(school) came into nigeria that Some religious sect rejected the formal system of edu and forbade their wards from attending the schools established by christian missionaries their reason being that they don't want their children to be converted into christianity. For them to avoid that they established arabic schools for their children to be attending.

As time went on this religious sect saw the goods embedded in this formal school(mission school) and they gradually became interested and started attending the same school they rejected at the initial stage. The missionaries with d quest to lay down a level playing ground for every religious sect introduced uniform for the sake of uniformity and to avoid bias mind.

Now coming to the saga in osun state, I believe that the problem started when gov Aregbesola merged muslim schools with some christian schools with the motive best known to him. The christians shouted and tried to beg him to return the school the way it had been but all fail into a deaf ear though he gave what seem to be a reasonable reason why he did it that way(that he want to bring togetherness and unity in the state of osun).
As the embers of that was going down, he stopped morning devotion(assembly) in schools. To avoid problem, schools complied and did not say anything.
Just like that biblical story that tells how the killing of one James in the bible pleased the people and he(king Herod) went ahead and got hold of peter and decided to kill him after a festival...he(governor Aregbesola seeing that no eye-brow was raised upon his numerous decrees, now introduced hijab in this same missionary schools that was rejected,despised and downtrodden,merged by him for excuse of bringing togetherness.

Now my questions are;
1. why did this religious sect became so much interested in this same missionary school that was for the intention of converting their wards?
2. Why not follow the laid down ethics and principles laid down by the missionaries who brought in this formal education?
3. Why did governor Aregbesola abolish morning prayers(assembly) and now introduce hijab for all muslim females?
It's not written with sentiments but stands to be well addressed especially where I got it wrong. Thanks

Still a concerned citizen

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Set To Arraign Former Adamawa Gov. Fintiri Over Money Laundering / Military Shares Video Showing Aircraft Strikes On Boko Haram Hideout / Is Tinubu Really The God Of Yorubaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.