Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,715 members, 7,809,706 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years (23360 Views)

School Feeding: Fg Covered 7 States, Spent N7, 092b On 2016 / FAAC Disburses N386bn To FG, States, Lgs In November 2016 / May Allocation: N305.128bn Shared By FG, States And LGs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by pleased(m): 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2016
hmmm Ghost Workers indeed, may God help this Country.
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by spako4(m): 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2016
Civil servants are so corrupt,even more corrupt than politicians.
It is very difficult for a politician to steal without help from civil servants

1 Like

Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by AKMoney1(m): 11:14pm On Jun 25, 2016
shocked
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by AKMoney1(m): 11:14pm On Jun 25, 2016
Bayelsa 120bn? shocked

1 Like

Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by SilvanusII(m): 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2016
primus101:

They clearly refered to how much was wasted on Ghost workers by the previous administration. I guess you skipped that part. What's wrong with doing their job and leaving the past and it's mistakes? I am not a wailer. I am non partisan.

That's what they all say when they are being partisan. There's nothing left to say other than READ what is not the HEADLINE. I shud add a prayer of true seeing alongside the peace I wish u. Nkt!!!
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by Bollinger(m): 11:22pm On Jun 25, 2016
You see why blaming Buhari for the woes of Nigeria is insane? The problems Nigeria has, started way before Buhari and will still be there after Buhari is gone. Nigerians are their own problem. Unless someone can prove to me that Buhari was president five years ago. Don't get me wrong, Buhari is in a long list of useless leaders Nigeria has had but the all the blame should not be portioned to him alone.

1 Like

Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by restored2016(m): 11:28pm On Jun 25, 2016
timilehing:
When are they going to be replaced with "living" workers undecided
Right and intelligent Question.
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by lightheart(m): 11:56pm On Jun 25, 2016
primus101:

They clearly refered to how much was wasted on Ghost workers by the previous administration. I guess you skipped that part. What's wrong with doing their job and leaving the past and it's mistakes? I am not a wailer. I am non partisan.

Methinks the previous administration was referenced more because of the IPPIS it introduced. Which has seen to the combating of the ghost workers menace.
They also mentioned how much was saved... 170bn
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by koboko69: 12:02am On Jun 26, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Mennn old news grin hunger dey wound people oooo buharrrrriiii cry
primus101:

obaival:
Past tense,still waiting for the 3million job created n my 5k monthly as promised.
gozmok1:
SO GHOST WORKING STARTED 5 YEARS AGO
or is it a way to indirectly blame gej tenure
KnightsTemplar:
Lol five years ago? Indirectly blaming the fedora hat wearing ex president, they should have calculated the Ota farmer own, abi were there no "Ghosting" that time, and how are they sure that they've exorcised all the available ghost, and jail all the people invoking these Ghosts to come and collect salary.
primus101:
Can this people ever do something without mentioning the previous administration Na wa oh.
Exponental:
why only the past 5yrs?.. Victimizing GEJ as usual!
What happened in OBJ's tenure??
The facts that he supported APC against PDP makes him a saint abi
APC.. Be fair if you don't want the wrought of God upon your party.

This blind foolish hate is becoming stale and boring. Did u guys just take a litle time to read the article at all. GEJ, Okonjo were given credit for implementing the IPPIS system, and weeding out a lot of ghost workers. U don't just look at the tile of a thread and be lazy to read through the main body before diving into conclusion. Now read below

A breakdown of the amount showed that the sum of N170bn involving 60,000 ghost workers was saved during the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, while the balance of N50bn, involving 43,000 ghost workers, was saved between February and May this year.

The sum of N45bn was saved between September 2013 and May 2015 when Jonathan’s administration implemented the Integrated Personnel Payroll and Information System.

The immediate past Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, had said that those using ghost workers to steal from the government payroll had been referred to the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission for further investigation and possible prosecution.
She had said, “60,000 ghost workers were weeded out, which saved government about N170bn.

NL is really becoming boring cos of clowns like this

1 Like

Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by ademusiwa12: 12:20am On Jun 26, 2016
[size=28pt]
Win a chance to have dinner with ademusiwa and miss toke Makinwa
ademusiwa@gmail.com
t][/size]
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by harowins: 12:22am On Jun 26, 2016
Enough of dis corruption rubbish. Dis gov is purely incapable of ruling nigeria. How can a state which prides it self as the power state of d country not have light for 3weeks.
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by holaralph(m): 12:32am On Jun 26, 2016
henritinecy:
What do you expect from a country whereby one Person is the Minister of Works, Housing and Power? As far as am concerned, he is only a Minister for Works. He is a Ghost Minister to Power and Housing. So don't even complain when you see Ghost Workers everywhere.
.......... Number 1 out of the many children of hates....... Continue to wail and gnash teeth ........
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 26, 2016
The problem of this country big pass 1 gallon of palm wine
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by fakati(m): 12:56am On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=timilehing post=46932451]When are they going to be replaced with "living" workers undecided[Its time to fix in the living workers so that the godt can go and rest.]
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by holaralph(m): 1:09am On Jun 26, 2016
harowins:
Enough of dis corruption rubbish. Dis gov is purely incapable of ruling nigeria. How can a state which prides it self as the power state of d country not have light for 3weeks.
.......... Did you mean Niger state
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by Franklyf(m): 2:50am On Jun 26, 2016
Who is more Evil between Civil Servants & Politicias?That means civil servant deprive the Youths and the Unemploys the opportunites of getting Jobs. Funny enough, on Fridays & Sundays they will run to Mosques & Churches to sing and dance to their atrocies they've committed. Never will they have Peace & Happiness those that doesn't want Nigeria & Nigerians to move forward.

1 Like

Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by Adminisher: 2:58am On Jun 26, 2016
N538 billion in three years?

From a genius ex Nigerian President;
"" Corruption is not even amongst the most three important things affecting Nigeria negatively""
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 26, 2016
When a staff resign or gone by death corner their salary without informing the govt it.
Dudeweedlmao:
How do i create my own ghost workers?
If i employ someone and kill them,how do i explain to their ghost to work for me?
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by tuniski: 5:23am On Jun 26, 2016
falconey:
during those years lots of graduates could have gotten those jobs, be productive and successful .

well Na naija, country where thief dey catch thief.
Not only graduates that need employment many below graduate jobs are required. Graduate unemployment is the least unemployment in naija. The multitude are non graduates!

1 Like

Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by mu2sa2: 5:32am On Jun 26, 2016
Politicians are over-blowing the issue of so- called ghost workers to cover up their own thievery and lacklustre performance. When allocation from federation account was good, there were no ghost workers but now that the allocation is down they are all mouthing ghost workers. A few fictitious names may have been inserted in the payroll by a few people in the accounts dept, but mischievous as always politicians give the impression as if every civil servant is guilty. Believe these billions they're mentioning at your own stupidity. The bulk of public money is stolen by politicians and their cronies through outrageous inflation of contracts and bogus allowances.

1 Like

Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by eminikansoso(m): 5:37am On Jun 26, 2016
This government should be serious for at least once and get down to work.
Enough of all these propaganda.
Do we done wrong by voting this government?
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 26, 2016
henritinecy:
What do you expect from a country whereby one Person is the Minister of Works, Housing and Power? As far as am concerned, he is only a Minister for Works. He is a Ghost Minister to Power and Housing. So don't even complain when you see Ghost Workers everywhere.
what areu even saying? Im sure u read it again and knew u are not making sense
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by 989900: 6:26am On Jun 26, 2016
Exponental:

This actually does not victimize Jonathan in anyway, rather, it praises his effort on same front.

60,000 ghosts were weeded out during GEJ's five years . . . probably he could have doen more with his IPPIS initiation if BVN and TSA were fully implemented . . . well 60,000 is something
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by 989900: 6:30am On Jun 26, 2016
Exponental:

This actually does not victimize Jonathan in anyway, rather, it praises his effort on same front.

60,000 ghosts were weeded out during GEJ's five years . . . probably he could have doen more with his IPPIS initiation if BVN and TSA were fully implemented . . . well 60,000 ghosts = N170B in 5 years!

And so far, this admin has weeded out 43,000 ghosts.

The only alarming part is, Bayelsa with the smallest population paying N120bn to ghosts --- boy, that's a big, big, shame -- that is roughly 100 times more ghosts money paid in that state, than Ekiti with similar population!
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by stefan388: 7:17am On Jun 26, 2016
Exponental:
That is why Buhari's government is full of many troubles. Peace has eluded apc, yet this government is not ready to follow the real and normal ways. They continue to talk lies, send efcc to falsely link up the opposition and perceived enemies. Tufiakwa to apc. Am sure peace will always run away from this government.
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 26, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:
How do i create my own ghost workers?
If i employ someone and kill them,how do i explain to their ghost to work for me?
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by micrep3030(m): 7:41am On Jun 26, 2016
It is the same gej that started fishing out ghost worker, he also introduce bvn so what r u saying despite the fact that m northern states own is even higher than the ones in the southern state just calling ur attention to what I think u Dont know
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by 11cows4sale(m): 7:47am On Jun 26, 2016
wen I heard bayelsa wage bill was 4.7B,,i know that the ghost workers would be more than the real workers,, bayelsa that that has the least population after abuja
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by bedfordng(m): 7:58am On Jun 26, 2016
wow
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by logica(m): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2016
Katsina 30 billion; shocked
Bayelsa 120 billion. shocked
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 26, 2016
The reason why perpetrators of ghost workers are not always brought to book is because the undercovers want to create their ghost workers too.
Re: FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years by logica(m): 8:12am On Jun 26, 2016
mu2sa2:
Politicians are over-blowing the issue of so- called ghost workers to cover up their own thievery and lacklustre performance. When allocation from federation account was good, there were no ghost workers but now that the allocation is down they are all mouthing ghost workers. A few fictitious names may have been inserted in the payroll by a few people in the accounts dept, but mischievous as always politicians give the impression as if every civil servant is guilty. Believe these billions they're mentioning at your own stupidity. The bulk of public money is stolen by politicians and their cronies through outrageous inflation of contracts and bogus allowances.
...and same politicians can create ghost workers. Civil servants don't have a monopoly on the scam.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts George Weah / NIPOST To Open 10,000 Smart Offices Across Nigeria / Man Reportedly Kills Three Siblings With Cutlass In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.