Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State (22323 Views)

Wike Inspects The Construction Of Shopping Mall In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Wike Inspects Construction Of The Second Nkpogu Bridge/road.. Photos / Wike Inspects Construction Of Tam David-West Boulevard Road (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by slimfit1(m): 8:27am On Jun 26, 2016
thomasthomas:
Building a pleasure park that will be over taken by cultist and kidnappers.

Anyway, that's not my business but wait did I hear a major economic earner? grin grin grin grin grin

Very funny! Port Harcourt that is not safe? Okay now, that place will be deserted by 4pm. shocked

You wonder which kind of advisers the governor has. How on earth will a lawyer think like this self. When ogun is thinking of factories and industry this one is thinking of car park or something na wa oh.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by thomasthomas: 8:28am On Jun 26, 2016
Millerz:
Excuse my French but P.H is very very safe. The cult killings you hear of rarely ever happen in PH. They occur in the outskirts of PH and other parts of Rivers state suchbas Omoku.

There's no place on earth that is 100% safe. Even the kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence
Are you serious? shocked shocked shocked

Few days ago a girl was almost killed by robbers at Stadium road and her picture was on nairaland where she also narrated her ordeal. Other people too corroborated what she said. There's too much violence in Rivers State if you ask me.

Investors are moving out on daily basis, you might not notice but what will help you notice is the developmental news of other states and the cult and kidnapping, bombing news of the region.

For you to say PH is very very safe is funny! And seriously what do you know about the kingdom of heaven? At times people take the scriptures out of context, you got it all wrong!

2 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by larrygee(m): 8:31am On Jun 26, 2016
Na way for "our" (did we really choose them) leaders. apart from misplaced priority, the location I see in d pics if true is the worst place for such project even if we try to indulge him.
Firstly, it is on d ever busy ABA road with a lot of traffic issues. Still at d center of d road along d Eliorzu where d conference center is also causing heavy traffic jam whenever there is an event there (now almost every other day).
Again there is an existing unkept recreational park at airforce less than 500m from there (although wrongly located too, with touts and insecurity) why not improve that, improve security and create better awareness.
Finally, people visit leisure parks when economy is good and security is guaranteed. It is simple logic.
I wonder d type of advisers our government surround themselves with. God is watching, we human need to start watching and ask questions too.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by thomasthomas: 8:32am On Jun 26, 2016
slimfit1:

You wonder which kind of advisers the governor has. How on earth will a lawyer think like this self. When ogun is thinking of factories and industry this one is thinking of car park or something na wa oh.
I tire sad sad

These are the people crying about lack of development and instead of making PH safe first and trying to bring up modalities and policies that will see investors come into the state, he is busy with building amusement parks.

It's a case of choosing leisure and entertainment above productivity.

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by Omoluabi16(m): 8:32am On Jun 26, 2016
Gee001:
Is this not peace park he's referring to as Pleasure park? Hmmm na wa o
baby you are too sweet. I actually stalked your posts, And came across a thread where you dropped your number.
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by elopee3000(m): 8:38am On Jun 26, 2016
thomasthomas:

Anyway, that's not my business but wait did I hear a major economic earner? grin grin grin grin grin

Very funny! Port Harcourt that is not safe? Okay now, that place will be deserted by 4pm. shocked
my bros u took that words out of my mouth one is not safe inside his house in ph na park person go come go?that one no be sucide?
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by Abagworo(m): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2016
emmalezy:
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has stated that the Port Harcourt Pleasure Park will transform the economy of the state as it will be a major revenue earner when completed.

see more photos below..

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/06/photos-gov-wike-inspects-ongoing.html

Long overdue. Owerri has stolen the shine of Port Harcourt by at least 60%. Maybe building several parks will restore life in the city. Kudos to Nwike
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by ebuclassic18(m): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2016
thomasthomas:

idiot
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by thomasthomas: 8:48am On Jun 26, 2016
elopee3000:
my bros u took that words out of my mouth one is not safe inside his house in ph na park person go come go?that one no be sucide?
Some governors like putting the horse before the cart, why spend money on a project people won't even have the freedom to access? The money for that park can be used to further strengthen the security in PH.

People are robbed in taxis, on the streets and even in buses. Going to that park is exposing one's self to be a target.

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by thomasthomas: 8:50am On Jun 26, 2016
ebuclassic18:

idiot
E pain am grin grin grin grin

I just pushed the ignore button grin grin grin grin
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by thomasthomas: 8:52am On Jun 26, 2016
fireflies07:
[color=#000099][/color]

So u dont even knw d meaning (The KINGDOM OF GOD SUFFERETH VIOLENCE).. cry
U tink d bible is taking abt safety..... Receive dat long lost sense in Jeeeeeesus NameName grin
Don't mind her grin grin grin grin

She just dey quote Bible wey she no understand undecided undecided
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by papaejima1: 9:03am On Jun 26, 2016
irunoobo:
Useless fraudulent governor. We the good people of rivers state say no to wike. We will vote him out by 2019 that is if he's not impeached by bubu undecided
We are here to make sure all of you are chased away from Rivers State before elections.
It is you guys that are robbing, kidnapping and killing just to make the state unsafe and embarrass the government.

You won't succeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by sinaj(f): 9:08am On Jun 26, 2016
Millerz:
Excuse my French but P.H is very very safe. The cult killings you hear of rarely ever happen in PH. They occur in the outskirts of PH and other parts of Rivers state suchbas Omoku.

There's no place on earth that is 100% safe. Even the kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence

I tire for all these people o!

Rivers state is quite safe just that the media blow things out of proportion.

The same robbery that happens here, happens in every other state.
Xme with some other tragedy.

But they make it seem xo bad.

Tired of explaining to people

2 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by sinaj(f): 9:11am On Jun 26, 2016
irunoobo:
Useless fraudulent governor. We the good people of rivers state say no to wike. We will vote him out by 2019 that is if he's not impeached by bubu undecided
who is the We here undecided

Pray for common sense my dear transgendered
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by papaejima1: 9:11am On Jun 26, 2016
thomasthomas:
Some governors like putting the horse before the cart, why spend money on a project people won't even have the freedom to access? The money for that park can be used to further strengthen the security in PH.

People are robbed in taxis, on the streets and even in buses. Going to that park is exposing one's self to be a target.
You guys don't just get it.
Parks are rented by people for programs, receptions, birthdays etc. Churches rent them for major programs too.
Amusement facilities can also be installed for families to use especially on weekends. This alone has been a major income earner for Genesis group, Happy Bite and even Spar.

Best of all, it is situated between Army barracks (Bori Camp) and Air force base. So there is no space for miscreants or robbers to operate.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 26, 2016
kettykin:
Misplaced priority, build economic project and not leisure project, work on a deep sea port if you don't know what to do with your time.

There is ALREADY a deep sea port. It's called the FOT, Federal Ocean Terminal.

But I do agree this is a waste of time and money..
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 26, 2016
Millerz:

Bros please, which PH you dey stay wey safe? Do you know the robberies, kidnapping and killings that go on daily?
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 26, 2016
irunoobo:
see your corrupt mind?and who told you buhari has power over RVHA?apc couldn't win a single ward election you're talking about impeachment...if some1 is to. Be impeached my friend it should be buhari cus he has crossed his boundary.

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by Greatidonis: 10:01am On Jun 26, 2016
It's shameful that a whole governor of a state like this will be talking about a pleasure park with all the insecurity in that state. That place he went to inspect is not as big as a foot ball field. Lol. There is another park opposite that has been overgrown with weed and grass.
Now tell me how a sensible man will see that has what the state needs must at the moment, with all the traffic in that Aba road if not that they are looking for ways to divert funds.
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by tonio2wo: 10:11am On Jun 26, 2016
Bolustic:
Nigerians and hypocrisy. When Rochas built something of this nature, he was called different names coz he is an APC governor but since it's Wike now most of them are shouting:[color=#000099][/color]

Its a two way thing. Did u not see those castigating wike and the project in this thread? Why dint u quote them? You are also a hypocrite!
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by thomasthomas: 10:24am On Jun 26, 2016
papaejima1:

You guys don't just get it.
Parks are rented by people for programs, receptions, birthdays etc. Churches rent them for major programs too.
Amusement facilities can also be installed for families to use especially on weekends. This alone has been a major income earner for Genesis group, Happy Bite and even Spar.

Best of all, it is situated between Army barracks (Bori Camp) and Air force base. So there is no space for miscreants or robbers to operate.
Hmmmm... Not as easy as you think, people are robbed at airforce junction mind you.

Does government really want to make money from parks? Hmm sad sad
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by jedimindtrix: 10:27am On Jun 26, 2016
Donexy16:
Nice one. Wike is working
Wike is spending money not working. This is a white elephant project. Has he put in place the necessary infrastructure to support ds project? No. Dey there dey jonz

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by jedimindtrix: 10:30am On Jun 26, 2016
achinice:
see your corrupt mind?and who told you buhari has power over RVHA?apc couldn't win a single ward election you're talking about impeachment...if some1 is to. Be impeached my friend it should be buhari cus he has crossed his boundary.
Are u serious? Are u ignorant of the massive rigging dat went down during the re-run?
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by papaejima1: 10:50am On Jun 26, 2016
thomasthomas:
Hmmmm... Not as easy as you think, people are robbed at airforce junction mind you.

Does government really want to make money from parks? Hmm sad sad
Bros, even inside police stations people steal.
What I am driving at is the fact that we need not condemn the project based on flimsy insecurity excuses.

Besides, I know the area well. I also know how the military personnel deal with miscreants there when they tend to become a menace. I know what they did when hoodlums made market junction a no-go area for people some years back.

So relax, let the govt finish what they are doing and then we can judge them based on performance and maintenance.
Remember the place was once called Peace Park by Amaechi after he wasted millions there planting grasses and flowers via Elizabeth Alfred and co. But place was abandoned and left to waste.

Maybe pleasure park may give us pleasure since peace park brought no peace. grin grin
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by gryhusky(m): 10:53am On Jun 26, 2016
Uncle wike..do start another project nawaoooooo
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by ajieh21(m): 11:14am On Jun 26, 2016
Wetin be dis
Category1:
[size=15pt]ahm hi thi ohnle won huis hullwæyz laexy to curmean't?[/size]
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by thomasthomas: 11:29am On Jun 26, 2016
papaejima1:

Bros, even inside police stations people steal.
What I am driving at is the fact that we need not condemn the project based on flimsy insecurity excuses.

Besides, I know the area well. I also know how the military personnel deal with miscreants there when they tend to become a menace. I know what they did when hoodlums made market junction a no-go area for people some years back.

So relax, let the govt finish what they are doing and then we can judge them based on performance and maintenance.
Remember the place was once called Peace Park by Amaechi after he wasted millions there planting grasses and flowers via Elizabeth Alfred and co. But place was abandoned and left to waste.

Maybe pleasure park may give us pleasure since peace park brought no peace. grin grin
grin grin grin grin PH una too like grooving small time now when money finish una go begin fight grin grin

Enjoy your pleasure park ooo... cheesy cheesy

From Peace park to Pleasure Park to leisure park.. undecided undecided okay now grin
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by DifferentBoy1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
Peace Park not pleasure park.
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by YhubieIsidore(m): 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
irunoobo:
... ah thought u stopped wearing pampers, shaa the young shall grow
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by lacasera14(m): 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
Which pleasure park is he building? is that not the port Harcourt peace park?
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by HopeAtHand: 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
Category1:
[size=15pt]ahm hi thi ohnle won huis hullwæyz laexy to curmean't?[/size]

Nope, you arent. Sometimes, i feel lazy to comment.

When will Bayern loan Muller to ChelseaFC.?

As for Topic, Wike is an embarrassment. Always putting the Cart before the Horse. All the primary schools built by Amaechi have been overgrown with weeds and grasses, insecurity everywhere, no job creation, doing very little to woo investors and yet he sees fit to build a pleasure park when another abandoned park is on the otherside of the overhead bridge.

Shame on Wike. Shame on PDP.
Re: Wike Inspects Construction Of Pleasure Park In Rivers State by july66: 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2016
Just listen to yourself. Is it bubu's duty to impeach a state Governor? You have become so political in your approach to issues that you now see tyranny as part of life. I sorry for your.
irunoobo:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Governorship: Benin-Lagos Expressway Deserted (Photos) / Buhari May Return From Vacation This Saturday - Leadership / "Stop Calling Osinbajo VP, Buhari Is The VP" - Reno Omokri Rants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.