Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions (959 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / East African Coast | Culture And People / Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions by IYANGBALI: 5:42pm On Sep 03, 2009
The white people came to our country and stole a lot of things away from us most especially our culture and tradition one of them that i know very well is the BATA DANCE in yoruba land the oyinbos decided to call it break dance break dance my foot.What other things did they steal from us that you know?
Re: Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions by davidif: 2:54am On Sep 04, 2009
omo, what is your own with white people are you obssessed with them or what? abegi leave them alone jare. Everything white/black all the time. Nonsense
Re: Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions by IYANGBALI: 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2009
davidif:

omo, what is your own  with white people are you obssessed with them or what? abegi leave them alone jare. Everything white/black all the time. Nonsense
shocked shocked shocked :oall the time?could you pls give an instance?he be like say that white girl don charm you? oyinbo slave tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions by KB1(m): 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2009
break dancing was invented by AA, fool
Re: Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions by IYANGBALI: 9:56am On Sep 05, 2009
KB1:

break dancing was invented by AA, fool
in your dreams idiot tongue tongue tongue
Re: Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions by africhika(f): 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2009
Re: Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions by KB1(m): 8:37am On Sep 10, 2009
I'ma school your Naija ass real quick Fool. Just to let you know, I'm from the NYC and grew up deep in the Hip-Hop street scene that gave birth to this dace mode. I was a dancing machine in my day, and can proudly say that I took part in helping to create this style of dance. I'm not gonna go into to much personal detail about it though, just read follow these links and learn about it.

[url]http://www.globaldarkness.com/articles/history%20of%20breaking.htm[/url]

http://www.hiphopgalaxy.com/History-of-breakdance-hip-hop-2084.htm

http://dance.about.com/od/typesofdance/a/Break_History.htm

When it comes to most anything that came out of this country dealing with dance and music, just know that we AA created it and or what little we didn't create in that area, the influence for its creation heavily was inspired by that in which we did create. If you know anything about whites, then you'd know damn well that there's no way in hell that they could of created something as rheumatically abstract as break dancing.

You've obviously have never lived around them for you to think that they could of created break dancing. cheesy
Re: Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
Re: Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions by mamagee6(f): 12:49am On Sep 11, 2009
And when did Africans invent breakdance?, get your statistics right. undecided
Re: Oyinbos Came And Stole Our Culture And Traditions by Nobody: 4:03am On Sep 11, 2009
,mama-gee:

And when did Africans invent breakdance?, get your statistics right. undecided

can you add a name or quote whenever you're responding to someone's post so people know who you're addressing?

(1) (Reply)

Who Polarized Egba Kingdom? / United Ijaw States / Ask A Somali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.