Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

"One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It (35193 Views)

I Feel Threatened, Fans Tell Wizkid - See What Wizkid Wrote Here / Wizkid To Seyi Shay "Shut Up", after she said 'One Dance' was his / Seyi Shay: "One Dance" Is WizKid's Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by ychris: 9:25am On Jun 27, 2016
woreva joo as yoruba says
awo lo ma gbo awo ni igbowo

weither wizkid did write it or otherwize i give a damn phucck.

all i knw is tht deyre both doing fine

bigger me o lord

ehen lest i forgt FTC on page two

1 Like

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by princealexndre(m): 9:25am On Jun 27, 2016
ha
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by kay29000(m): 9:26am On Jun 27, 2016
Wizkid and Kayla wrote the song. But they have been paid big bucks to stay in the background.

1 Like

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 27, 2016
Okj
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by STILESGANG: 9:28am On Jun 27, 2016
The lyrics in the song doesn't sound like wizkid's.Is wizkid capable of even writing any sound lyrically song.Hell no!....All this silly website's and their trash talk's

2 Likes

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by tdayof(m): 9:33am On Jun 27, 2016
Were you expecting them to write his lyrics for him?

1 Like

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by kirchofff(m): 9:38am On Jun 27, 2016
AirSultan:
.It is a funny phenomenon as the peeps that did most of the work stay in the background.

Life though, beech sucks!
yeah, look at footballers too, the coaches and fitness trainers, look at programmers like mark zucker too, engineers who made the computer in which he programmed with aren't as recognized and rich as he is .....

1 Like

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by Ealiserwest(m): 9:41am On Jun 27, 2016
Nigerians.. Una get problem. . Haba.. Drake own it.. Wiz Khid wrote it.. Una never taya for this kind yeye thing? .. They did business and making profit.. Una de here de analyze .. Rubbish posts undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by Legitbaba(m): 9:43am On Jun 27, 2016
nuelzy:
really...and i have to use boom j8 headphone to hear his whisper-like voice in d background..

yeah..right

Lolz Me I no still hear in voice oh...after I enter quiet studio with headphone

1 Like

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 27, 2016
labamo07:
omg!!! see set of crew producing a song, why won't it be a hit...................
I think say na only me see am.

1 Like

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 27, 2016
KingOfAmebo:
According to full track information by genius.com, The hit song currently topping the UK Billboard chart 'One Dance' was written and co-produced by Nigerian superstar Wizkid. The controversy surrounding the song suggest Wizkid's impact was not felt in the hit song but on the contrary the Nigerian star was part of the team that made song come out good.

See the track info:

Featuring: Kyla & Wizkid

Produced By: DJ Maphorisa & Nineteen85

Written By: Crazy Cousinz, Kyla, Wizkid, Noah “40” Shebib
Synth Guitar: Sarz

Drum Programming: Sarz

Synth Bass: Sarz

Co-Produced By: Sarz, Wizkid & Noah “40” Shebib

Mastering Assistant: Dave Huffman

Mastered by: Chris Athens

All Other Instruments: Nineteen85

Recording Assistant: Harley Arsenault & Gregg Moffett

Recorded By: Noah “40” Shebib

DAW Systems Engineering: Lindsay Warnner & Les Bateman

2nd Mix Assistant: Ryan "Scotian Potion" Daly

Mixing Assistant: Noah “40” Shebib

Mixed By: Noel "Gadget" Campbell

Released: April 5, 2016

Recorded At: S.O.T.A. Studios, Toronto, ON

Samples: Do You Mind by Kyla

Remixed By: One Dance (Aryay Remix) by Drake

Let's be proud of the boy, he his surely representing Nigeria.

Source: http://genius.com/Drake-one-dance-lyrics

Stop misleading the public with your ignorance. Wizkid's name was put there cos he wrote a section of the song which is his own verse, not that he wrote part of drake or skyla's verse. That is the way it is done overseas. Credit is given to anyone that contributed to a song, even if it is just a cough you voiced on the song.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by x6blade(m): 9:56am On Jun 27, 2016
STILESGANG:
The lyrics in the song doesn't sound like wizkid's.Is wizkid capable of even writing any sound lyrically song.Hell no!....All this silly website's and their trash talk's
before you let hatred cloud your mind. Listen to jaiye jaiye , joy , mummy mi, one question, one life, feeling the beat, ojuelegba etc Nd tell me if they don't contain sensible lyrics
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by tonyx4x44(m): 10:00am On Jun 27, 2016
ayo1234:
Pls how can I post news or report to on nairaland.
The steps is wot I need.
I'm a nairalander

shocked wow I'm shocked and equally surprised.

go to any category you like and click create topic (you can look for it with Ctrl + F)
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2016
goodlifehyd:
Even from day 1 i knew Wizkid worked on that drake's verse cuz where will "oti" which means "No/Never" in YORUBA come from
what drake said was OT which means outta town

Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by phinter: 10:02am On Jun 27, 2016
BET always using more sentiments that facts. At a time where kendrick Lamar is obviously the best rapper, featuring on several shows performing his untitled, they give best hiphop to Drake. Jeez BET. I guess that's why they are not taken seriously. Straight out of Compton to Beast of no nation? Habba. Taraj P henson best actress? Habba and many more...BET is just too "Black" sorry to say.
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by highzeek94: 10:03am On Jun 27, 2016
Helkayklassic:
Wizkid own this track no doubt. Drake won't wanna make a song and think of Dj Maphorisa co-producing his track. Sarz on the other hand did a lot of work on the track. I still think is a win-win for him and Drake. Just like what Davido did for Runtown on Gallardo and Runtown pay back with Aye.

What a Theory.. lol... WizKid own this track? Why the desperation to see that wizkid played a prominent role?...
Wizkid was on the song... end of storY

If the song wins grammy... dey all will walk out to collect the statue... if they're around.....
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by bigass123(m): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2016
Please Nairalanders who has wizkids number.. I want to invite him to a special occasion. My mom just gave birth to a set of twins. grin
Abeg make una help me invite ahm.. I promise him his coming will be worth the trouble. I have a daughter who's far more beautiful than Agbani and OmoTola put together. I've been trying so to shield her from that nonsense Atiku eyeing her since her secondary school days.
Abeg, call wizkid for me.
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by Shym3xx: 10:18am On Jun 27, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Stop misleading the public with your ignorance. Wizkid's name was put there cos he wrote a section of the song which is his own verse, not that he wrote part of drake or skyla's verse. That is the way it is done overseas. Credit is given to anyone that contributed to a song, even if it is just a cough you voiced on the song.

Don't mind the ret.ards.

The song is primarily Kyla's and they sampled her classic garage tune from 2009 for the tune, hence it's very big in the UK cos it has the UK garage feel to it. You can argue for "Controlla" but not "One Dance".

This is the tune "One Dance" came from (even the beats in both tunes are almost the same):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YHC69wa9JA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by dammytosh: 10:18am On Jun 27, 2016
Mikylopez:
who cares who wrote et? d song is a hit+dey got dia pay and dey all killed et so wt ya all looking 4 again?

I taya oo
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 27, 2016
Nihilist:
That song sounded very much like a Wizkid song anyway...

I thought it was just me that noticed..... sounded very nigerian
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by hollyfat(m): 10:26am On Jun 27, 2016
Check this

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by goodlifehyd(m): 10:33am On Jun 27, 2016
Jobia:
what drake said was OT which means outta town

Lol
All the lyrics video on YouTube got Oti so I don't know where you came up with ur own OT and how does that rhyme with the song lol

1 Like

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by ruggedtimi(m): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2016
labamo07:
omg!!! see set of crew producing a song, why won't it be a hit...................
is normal...to have major crews like dat in a track
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 27, 2016
goodlifehyd:
All the lyrics video on YouTube got Oti so I don't know where you came up with ur own OT and how does that rhyme with the song lol
outta town outta town
There's never much love when we go outta town.
See? It fits.

No, no
There's never much love when we go no lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by goodlifehyd(m): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2016
x6blade:
before you let hatred cloud your mind. Listen to jaiye jaiye , joy , mummy mi, one question, one life, feeling the beat, ojuelegba etc Nd tell me if they don't contain sensible lyrics
You got time educating that thing, even if wizkid didn't write drake's verse at least there was "OTI" in it which means "NO" in Yoruba, how did drake get that, maybe from his dream thou
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 27, 2016
Shym3xx:

Don't mind the ret.ards.

The song is primarily Kyla's and they sampled her classic garage tune from 2009 for the tune, hence it's very big in the UK cos it has the UK garage feel to it. You can argue for "Controlla" but not "One Dance".

This is the tune "One Dance" came from (even the beats in both tunes are almost the same):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YHC69wa9JA

uh oh lipsrsealed
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by goodlifehyd(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2016
Jobia:
outta town outta town
There's never much love when we go outta town.
See? It fits.

No, no
There's never much love when we go no lipsrsealed

Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by cangoallnyt: 10:44am On Jun 27, 2016
goodlifehyd:
Even from day 1 i knew Wizkid worked on that drake's verse cuz where will "oti" which means "No/Never" in YORUBA come from
u sharp my nigg*
d first thing dat strucked me too
buh its all good tho..as long as cash is involved
kudos to 'em
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by Ugosample(m): 10:48am On Jun 27, 2016
phinter:
BET always using more sentiments that facts. At a time where kendrick Lamar is obviously the best rapper, featuring on several shows performing his untitled, they give best hiphop to Drake. Jeez BET. I guess that's why they are not taken seriously. Straight out of Compton to Beast of no nation? Habba. Taraj P henson best actress? Habba and many more...BET is just too "Black" sorry to say.

Go and sit down.......
Just say YOUR preferred candidates did not win.
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by STILESGANG: 10:49am On Jun 27, 2016
x6blade:
Wizkid fanboy,It seems you've made it your sole purpose of defending wizkid on nairaland..
where in my post did I claim wizkid don't have sensible songs?...Go and read the one dance lyrics and come back and tell me if the lyrics looked like something wizkid could have penned down.

Abi na today I sabi wizkid type of lyrics?

Wizkid only wrote his own part.EOD
Re: "One Dance" Track Info Proves Wizkid Wrote And Co-produced It by horlus(m): 10:50am On Jun 27, 2016
What I sense is that Wiz kid had this beat from Sarzs for himself probably he had a song or the hook already. Drake liked it Wiz kid decided to give or sell to him. He featured Wiz on the track the rest is history. They got the credits coz major parts of the song was their idea. I can imagine the publishing royalties that would be coming to these guys. Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Wizkid And Olamide Together / Yemi Alade Salutes Arase, IGP (Photos) / Sholagbade Mustapha Ololade Marries In Osogbo (Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.