Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,550 members, 7,955,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:19 PM

Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? (8720 Views)

With True Caller, Is Our Privacy Really Secure? / How To Reveal Any Hidden Caller Identity(private Number) On Your Phone. / Why Is It That People No Longer Care About Changing Ring Tones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by sholay2011(m): 7:27am On Jun 27, 2016
OP is actually right. I am with you on this. Of course, this will seem like a minor issue to people since RBT isn't that 'costly' but the ideology behind such 'vainglorious' attitude extends beyond making phonecalls into our everyday lives and human interaction and soon defines the society.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by ritababe(f): 7:32am On Jun 27, 2016
vizkiz:

isn't it suppose to be lalasticlala? Why are you duplicating his name

werey concern you undecided
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by vizkiz: 7:36am On Jun 27, 2016
ritababe:

werey concern you undecided

iffa woze you ehn undecided
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Easy023(m): 7:39am On Jun 27, 2016
I prefer caller's feel to rbt.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by NaijaEfcc: 7:46am On Jun 27, 2016
BizLifeE:
A ringback tone (RBT, alternatively ringing tone) is an audible indication that is heard by the originator of a telephone call while the destination being called is ringing. It is normally a repeated tone, designed to assure the calling party that the called party's line is ringing, although the ring-back tone may be out of sync with the ringing signal? (source: Wikipedia).

We complain of poverty, yet we pay for caller tunes. What’s the benefit in paying for what I can’t hear, but which someone else will hear?

They can’t pay school fees. They can’t pay house rent. They can’t feed themselves regularly. They can’t afford to buy a phone on their own (unless someone buys it for them); yet they pay for callers tunes.

The number of corporate/professional beggars is increasing in geometrical progression, yet some of them pay for callers tunes.

Many girls can’t afford to load recharge cards. They rely on those mumus called boyfriends to send them cards regularly, only to use part of it for regular caller tunes.

People say the cost is cheap, but service providers make billions of naira from our stupidity. They know our weakness and they rip us off with it.

I’ve called many countries overseas, full of people who are far better off than us, I’ve never heard of a single ringback tone; yet most of them are OK. Why are we vainglorious in Nigeria? Why do we tend to focus on something that doesn’t make sense?

We complain of economic hardships, hard times, joblessness, etc… but we waste money on what can’t bring any tangible value to our life, that we can easily live without.

Is there any sense in paying for ringback tones (caller tunes)?

Neteller here: www..com.ng

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by olu4life(m): 7:47am On Jun 27, 2016
Lol, see them. U better subscribe. Incase you dont know, its not majorly operated by the network providers and its a source of income for the artists too.
Source: From an Insider grin tongue
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 27, 2016
I see no freaking sense in it.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by jimcomb(m): 7:49am On Jun 27, 2016
@OP,Its not Nonsence because it puts food on the table of the Artist.
@ARTISTS, if you need help on putting up your song on CRBT and making your millions,Ring Me on 08027411879.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Queenybliss(f): 7:52am On Jun 27, 2016
I didn't even know I had a caller tune until my Frnd called n told me that he luvs my caller tune..n I was lyk ehh which time did I subscribe
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by pode(m): 8:04am On Jun 27, 2016
demarc001:
In all my years using phone, even with my 3 lines I have Never subscribed to that thing. These little things make network providers mess up more with ones line.

Nigeria why do we like live a wasteful life, only you three line, God have mercy
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 27, 2016
BizLifeE:
A ringback tone (RBT, alternatively ringing tone) is an audible indication that is heard by the originator of a telephone call while the destination being called is ringing. It is normally a repeated tone, designed to assure the calling party that the called party's line is ringing, although the ring-back tone may be out of sync with the ringing signal? (source: Wikipedia).

We complain of poverty, yet we pay for caller tunes. What’s the benefit in paying for what I can’t hear, but which someone else will hear?

They can’t pay school fees. They can’t pay house rent. They can’t feed themselves regularly. They can’t afford to buy a phone on their own (unless someone buys it for them); yet they pay for callers tunes.

The number of corporate/professional beggars is increasing in geometrical progression, yet some of them pay for callers tunes.

Many girls can’t afford to load recharge cards. They rely on those mumus called boyfriends to send them cards regularly, only to use part of it for regular caller tunes.

People say the cost is cheap, but service providers make billions of naira from our stupidity. They know our weakness and they rip us off with it.

I’ve called many countries overseas, full of people who are far better off than us, I’ve never heard of a single ringback tone; yet most of them are OK. Why are we vainglorious in Nigeria? Why do we tend to focus on something that doesn’t make sense?

We complain of economic hardships, hard times, joblessness, etc… but we waste money on what can’t bring any tangible value to our life, that we can easily live without.

Is there any sense in paying for ringback tones (caller tunes)?

Neteller here: www..com.ng
inspite of hardship yet most of us pay to watch celebrities why do you think so? isn't a waste of money and time to buy their services? The benefit or utility derived from their services is similar to caller ring back tone.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by jozee8: 8:07am On Jun 27, 2016
as for me anybody that dial my number and is not happy with the "ku...ku.." ring tone should stop the call. Am i mad? to be paying for what u are not using/enjoying! all year round is madness
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Luckymay(f): 8:08am On Jun 27, 2016
#50 *12 months =600. A begger you give #600 In this austerity Era will surely thank you so... Who ring back tone epp?
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Stevosty: 8:19am On Jun 27, 2016
The best way to know the network you call is the default ringback tone. Why waste money on another while the caller cant differentiate which network?
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Taolyn4lif(m): 8:27am On Jun 27, 2016
SurewayBookings:
No sense in my opinion.

grin
SurewayBookings:
No sense in my opinion.
grin
SurewayBookings:
No sense in my opinion.

grin
SurewayBookings:
No sense in my opinion.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Iamdmentor1(m): 8:43am On Jun 27, 2016
You can advertise your products with the caller tunes.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by David25(m): 8:58am On Jun 27, 2016
lrguru:
who cares
NFCS does
...living the faith

grin grin
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Rick9(m): 9:02am On Jun 27, 2016
N50 x 50Million People
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by David25(m): 9:02am On Jun 27, 2016
Agreed, it makes no sense.
it's that simple, you don't have to write a Bible sized essay about it
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by happney65: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2016
omolola15:
The 50 naira is not my problem, but why will 1 mumu network go and put 1 stewpid sing I hate on my caller tunes and deduct my money without my blessing. That's cooperate stealing. Every time i cancel it they'll subscribe me again. Someone will start shouting 7777 is a number on my phone. Mtchwwwwww

I called and i told the lady that picked to remove me or I dump their useless line.

But I know I Saburi that'll willingly dash mtn 50 naira on any dbanj's songs. And he's happney65

I am a great Fan of EjaNla himself..Infact i fit pay 1K sef for Dbanj Song..Baba Niyen.. grin
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by oodua1stson: 9:02am On Jun 27, 2016
braine:
Its just 50 naira, biko. Are you that broke? Besides, did they put a gun to your head to subscribe??

The 'nonsense' is somebody's idea that is generating millions. I think you should work on your own creative process.
you're part of the problem

You do realise people get subscribed to this nonsense by mtn without even requesting for it?

That to you is a brilliant idea?

How about old folks who get chested out of their money by telcoys by subscribing then to it?
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Rick9(m): 9:03am On Jun 27, 2016
The funny part, even the artistes that sang the song can't use it as callertunes
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by sanyajava: 9:20am On Jun 27, 2016
Oh my God! why not open your eyes to callertunez service and see what its offering you. you are not different from someone who just navigate through social media or post CV undermining other benefit attached. Guess you are Jobless
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by fredie107(m): 9:42am On Jun 27, 2016
vizkiz:
To copy this tune press 11.

You have what It takes to be better
You have what it takes to be smarter
Everything you need within your reach it can be better with MTN...

What the furck do you expect me to enjoy while listening to that shiit? undecided

Hahahahah. no be 1 again? Now na 11 chai. Abi price of dollar affect the pressing on 1. grin
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by charlsecy(m): 10:00am On Jun 27, 2016
BizLifeE:
...we pay for caller tunes. What’s the benefit in paying for what I can’t hear, but which someone else will hear?
truthspeaks:
Till date I still don't get d essence of the ringback tones.
You can do it for fun or for business. Do you know you can use your business adverts as callertunes?
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Code45: 10:23am On Jun 27, 2016
Queenybliss:
I didn't even know I had a caller tune until my Frnd called n told me that he luvs my caller tune..n I was lyk ehh which time did I subscribe
Not only you.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by bedfordng(m): 10:35am On Jun 27, 2016
callertune service is an additional means through which users can thrill their callers while the mobile operators makes money from it. its not a bad idea to thrill callers and pay for the service. do you also know that even you can start creating and selling your own callertune or advertise your business via callertune. you can do it by yourself, no need going to third party.its better to use your own voice or advert as your callertune or do it for other people to make money. learn how to create and sell your own callertune Click Here For The Full Tutorial
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by ritababe(f): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2016
vizkiz:

iffa woze you ehn undecided

shift
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by demarc001: 1:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
pode:

Nigeria why do we like live a wasteful life, only you three line, God have mercy
Mr Oversabi. Have you forgotten that the Nigeria of a country almost everything seem unreliable. Mind you there are single phones with as much as four sim slots.
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
Looking forward to the day when you would do another article with the heading "Is There Any Sense In Buying a Bottle Of Beer"? And u should also mention how these compaines make billions from each bottle. Besides before i continue...How much is a bottle of beer, averagely? This thread seems way too personal to me...IMO
Re: Is There Any Sense In Paying For Ringback Tones (caller Tunes)? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
In this country where music download is free and most artistes dont get royalty this is one of the few ways they make money. You know those singers in ur hood who hv good songs but hvnt blown yet to hv shows like Davido, those ones who work with one-room studios, where the producer is also living in that same hood? This is one of the few ways they make money off songs. Dont let people die hungry. If people can afford it let them pay for the RBT. Doesnt hurt anyone. The monthly rate isnt even enough to buy chicken so let them be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Download With Operamini 4.2 / Innjoo Max With Massive 4000mah – Full Specifications & Price / Android Vs IOS Homescreen Screenshot Challenge July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.