Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. (2065 Views)

Vicky Akins And Sayteh Tenneh: Lesbian Partners Are Engaged (Photos) / Weded His Beautiful Wife On Saturday 16th Sep, 17 In Awka. / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Instagram Are Engaged (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by nnamezie87(m): 8:07am On Jun 27, 2016
DEAR NAIRALANDERS, I NEED YOUR CANDID AND FRIENDLY ADVISE. I HAVE KNOWN THIS LADY FOR A LONG TIME. WE WERE NORMAL FRIENDS UNTIL LAST YEAR. SHE HAD A BREAK UP WITH SOMEONE AND WE STARTED DATING. WE LOVED EACH OTHER AND WERE DOING GREAT. MEANWHILE, AM AN ENGR AND SHE IS A GRADUATE. ON SATURDAY, I BOUGHT A 1.9GRM OF GOLD PLATED RING TO ENGAGE HER. I TRAVELLED TO D CITY WHERE SHE WORKS, LODGED AND CALLED HER TO COME OVER. SHE WAS HAPPY THAT I CAME AROUND. AFTER SOMETIME SHE WAS WITH ME, I NOTICED THAT HER FACE HAD CHANGED, AND I ASKED HER WHAT D PROBLEM WAS, AFTER MUCH PERSUASION, SHE DROPPED THE BOMBSHELL " WHEN EVER I SEE YOU, I GET ANNOYED" I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I HEARD. I ASKED HER AGAIN, AND SHE REPEATED THE SAME THING AND STOOD UP TO LEAVE THE HOTEL ROOM. I CALLED HER BACK AND TOLD THAT I WAS ACTUALLY THERE TO FORMALLY ENGAGE HER. SHE BURSTED INTO A BIG LAUGHTER AND ASKED " IF SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME THAT SHE WOULD ACCEPT MY PROPOSAL, WOULD I HAVE AGREED"? THIS MADE ME TO LEAVE HER.
LATER, SHE CAME BACK AND STARTED APOLOGIZING, KNEELING DOWN WITH TEARS SAYING THAT SHE DIDNT KNOW WHAT CAME OVER HER. SHE HAS CALLED ALL HER FRIENDS BOTH MALES N FEMALES TO BEG ME. EVEN D SISTER AND COLLEAGUES HAVE BEEN CALLING. SHE CAME TO MY HOUSE AND I WALKED HER OUT.
GUYS, PLEASE ADVISE ME. BELOW IS THE PIC OF THE 1.9G OF GOLD RING WORTH 22K. TO CROWN IT ALL, THE SELLER OF THE RING IS WILLING TO GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY because HE IS MY FRIEND.

Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by madridguy(m): 8:11am On Jun 27, 2016
If I were you, I'd let her leave the hotel room before letting her know my intention of coming. Calling her back at the hotel is a mistake at your end.

What she said to you is disheartening, but since you don't know her mind probably she's just trying to pull your legs since you said she was very happy seeing you at first.

If I'm in your shoe, I won't change my plan, I will give the ring to her, and take my leave immediately . If later I am convince that she is just pulling my legs at first, then I will arrange for another ring and do the needful and if not let her have the ring probably 1.9G gold is her problem.
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by Tunechi1(m): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2016
As dey will say here follow ur heart
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by heffem(m): 8:25am On Jun 27, 2016
bro, i swear that babe na ogbanje....

6 Likes

Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 27, 2016
Observe her for 6months
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 27, 2016
madridguy:
If I were you, I'd let her leave the hotel room before letting her know my intention of coming. Calling her back at the hotel is a mistake at your end.

What she said to you is disheartening, but since you don't know her mind probably she's just trying to pull your legs since you said she was very happy seeing you at first.

If I'm in your shoe, I won't change my plan, I will give the ring to her, and take my leave immediately . If later I am convince that she is just pulling my legs at first, then I will arrange for another ring and do the needful and if not let her have the ring probably 1.9G gold is her problem.

bros der r sum jokes dat r too xpensive
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 27, 2016
firstEVA:
Observe her for 6months
observe am for Wetin na? she b experiment? make hm disembark d babe fast. der r many fished in d ocean wey dey find 500h ring for dier hand, e cum b 22k.
d babe go jst photocopy d ring sell d original

3 Likes

Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by amauri(m): 8:35am On Jun 27, 2016
Its better u still take your time bro.Don't rush things so that u won't regret for d rest of your life.Just take your time cos for her to say dat she might feel disgusted anytime she sees u when u get married and you wouldn't like dat
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by LivinaPatrick(f): 8:37am On Jun 27, 2016
Her village people re at work,she needs serious abracadabra!

1 Like

Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by juliusocean(m): 8:40am On Jun 27, 2016
take your time there still alot you don't know about her alot
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by AfroKnight: 8:47am On Jun 27, 2016
Bro, return the ring first. Then put her on probation. I would advice you to start looking for a new babe though. This your gf no be wife. She's only pretending because you told her about the proposal. After the wedding she go change am for you.
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by madridguy(m): 8:49am On Jun 27, 2016
It's expensive but women @ times can be funny. I can remember back then in my area, when one sister for area used to insult one big Bros calling him unprintable names. The sister then used to fumble that she can never marry this particular Bros simply because of his height and she tagged him dwarf. To cut the long story, after a while, for area then we started observing that aunty Awawu stomach dey shoot out as if yam was planted there to mention who got her pregnant turned jamb question for anuty Awawu funny but true. she don born like 3 before leaving area .Till tomorrow she still dey the dwarf house. grin grin grin women, I throw salute for them, they can form die.

nnamdiokere45:
bros der r sum jokes dat r too xpensive
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by YUNGLURD(m): 8:49am On Jun 27, 2016
Very strange...she needs help asap, she should go evaluate her sanity. angry
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 27, 2016
firstEVA:
Observe her for 6months
Probation period abi? lol
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by photoshoot(m): 8:52am On Jun 27, 2016
Sad to say this, but they really got her.. cry

I mean when she should be happy, she would be sad...

That's really not good...

Oh, the They are the villagers, you didn't know?

1 Like

Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by koboko69: 8:53am On Jun 27, 2016
Mr OP, change ur fonts. Why all caps lock.

Mind you, those are normal fireworks that happens in relationships. (Not every relationship though)

I have seen couples that just start freaking out as their wedding gets closer, or some that feel like changing their mind the last minute.

The truth is she wasn't quite sure of u probably seeing or hoping on someone else before but she has weighed her options and chose u!

Her attitude hurts though, it really does, if you really and truly Love her, follow your mind. You don't necessarily have to propose again immediately.
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by Countrygirl(f): 9:00am On Jun 27, 2016
OP, return the ring first you will know what to do later.
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 27, 2016
LOVE DOESNT EXIST...Marry someone that wont divorce you, take half of your stuff and would be a good mother...People might believe they love you but you never LOVE them,
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by kowema(f): 9:09am On Jun 27, 2016
It's nice that she even opened up to you before she had d chance to wear your ring. The reality from her actions is that this woman cannot be happy with you and in the long run you both might not have a happy home.

Her coming back to apologize doesn't mean remorse but regret cus maybe her friends are already getting married and she needs to prove a point too.

In conclusion, she doesn't love or want u cus if she does she would have been anticipating the ring.
Maybe u were her rebound after her break up
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by nikkypearl(f): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2016
firstEVA:
Observe her for 6months
Observe kwa ?
She soluble solvent? grin
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by pedrilo: 9:12am On Jun 27, 2016
she cant be trusted and she is also not mentally stable and lack focus. she nor know wetin she want dats all
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by ednut1(m): 9:14am On Jun 27, 2016
grin
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by Sexytemi(f): 9:39am On Jun 27, 2016
The truth is she likes you, but am gonna go spiritual, there's a spirit disturbing her, or how can someone who was excited when u called n told her u were around say u are annoying suddenly?, if it were normal(as in if it wasn't spiritual ), she won't have come back begging..

All I can say is pray about it so u don't end up with someone that has spiritual issues.

2 Likes

Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by firstking01(m): 10:02am On Jun 27, 2016
Egbon, olofufu...return the ring and collect your twenty two thousand naira back, she ain't worth it undecided
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by schumastic(m): 10:41am On Jun 27, 2016
nnamezie87:
DEAR NAIRALANDERS, I NEED YOUR CANDID AND FRIENDLY ADVISE. I HAVE KNOWN THIS LADY FOR A LONG TIME. WE WERE NORMAL FRIENDS UNTIL LAST YEAR. SHE HAD A BREAK UP WITH SOMEONE AND WE STARTED DATING. WE LOVED EACH OTHER AND WERE DOING GREAT. MEANWHILE, AM AN ENGR AND SHE IS A GRADUATE. ON SATURDAY, I BOUGHT A 1.9GRM OF GOLD PLATED RING TO ENGAGE HER. I TRAVELLED TO D CITY WHERE SHE WORKS, LODGED AND CALLED HER TO COME OVER. SHE WAS HAPPY THAT I CAME AROUND. AFTER SOMETIME SHE WAS WITH ME, I NOTICED THAT HER FACE HAD CHANGED, AND I ASKED HER WHAT D PROBLEM WAS, AFTER MUCH PERSUASION, SHE DROPPED THE BOMBSHELL " WHEN EVER I SEE YOU, I GET ANNOYED" I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I HEARD. I ASKED HER AGAIN, AND SHE REPEATED THE SAME THING AND STOOD UP TO LEAVE THE HOTEL ROOM. I CALLED HER BACK AND TOLD THAT I WAS ACTUALLY THERE TO FORMALLY ENGAGE HER. SHE BURSTED INTO A BIG LAUGHTER AND ASKED " IF SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME THAT SHE WOULD ACCEPT MY PROPOSAL, WOULD I HAVE AGREED"? THIS MADE ME TO LEAVE HER.
LATER, SHE CAME BACK AND STARTED APOLOGIZING, KNEELING DOWN WITH TEARS SAYING THAT SHE DIDNT KNOW WHAT CAME OVER HER. SHE HAS CALLED ALL HER FRIENDS BOTH MALES N FEMALES TO BEG ME. EVEN D SISTER AND COLLEAGUES HAVE BEEN CALLING. SHE CAME TO MY HOUSE AND I WALKED HER OUT.
GUYS, PLEASE ADVISE ME. BELOW IS THE PIC OF THE 1.9G OF GOLD RING WORTH 22K. TO CROWN IT ALL, THE SELLER OF THE RING IS WILLING TO GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY because HE IS MY FRIEND.

I WON'T ASK YOU TO ENGAGE HER OR NOT BUT WHAT I WILL SAY IS THIS...

NEVER MARRY ANYONE OUT OF PITY OR YOU WILL REGRET IT IN FUTURE...most ladies will agree with me that when a guy who they really love n want to settle down with propose to them, it brings them to tears or unimaginable happiness but on your case she did the opposit.so use your tongue to count your teeth.
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 27, 2016
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by mizthorlu(f): 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
nnamezie87:

keep your ring ehn.....be sure you really want to propose to her after she deflated your morale...
I think she doesn't see a future with you but thinks she can manage you since you seem to be a good/nice guy.
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by xkris11(m): 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
Engaging her is coming to soon after her breakup, she probably going out with you to ease off her emotional stress.

You already made a big mistake telling her your intentions, A Very BIG ONE.

Solution: pretend you weren't serious about the proposal and put her under probation.
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by chidiandre(m): 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
the truth is that she doesn't love you....the main person she was it maybe he's not ready for marriage and u are the next logical solution since u have brought it up already... so u have Twp options leave her or go back to her and suffer the consequences later
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by UyiIredia(m): 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dump her sorry a$$. Return the ring and get your money. And continue living it up till a better girl comes your way.
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by joceey(m): 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
nnamezie87:

My brother please try and ask GOD concerning this issue pray to know GOD will about it you can use psalm 27 to pray at nyt ask GOD for directions and guide but I think the girl in person has spiritual problem (family attack) she need deliverance Goodluck bro
Re: I Would Have Engaged Her On Saturday. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
Two things are involved; its either she doesn't love you or she has mood swing, moos swing individuals are not good for marriage; they will frustrate your life.

Or maybe, her people told her to accept your marriage proposal since husband are scarce these day. You need to thread with care if you will continue with her but I advise you to suspend the marriage proposal for now to know her true intent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Here Are 8 Questions You Should Never Ask A Lady On Her Period... / Red Carpet`s Photo Album Of Half Naked Celebrities / End Of Year Confession Thread(2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.