Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,262 members, 7,954,021 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

Forgery Of Senate Rule: Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others Plead Not Guilty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery Of Senate Rule: Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others Plead Not Guilty (603 Views)

Forgery: Why We Dropped Charge Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others / Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others / Forgery: Police May Arrest Ekweremadu, Others This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgery Of Senate Rule: Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others Plead Not Guilty by hinwazaka: 10:38am On Jun 27, 2016
The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, his deputy,
Ike Ekweremadu and former clerk to the National
Assembly, Salisu Maikasua have all pleaded not
guilty to a two count charge leveled against
them.
Saraki alongside his deputy and the former clerk
of the National Assembly took their plea at an
Abuja FCT High court sitting in Jabi on Monday.
The plea followed an application by the lead
prosecution counsel, M.S.Diri who told the Justice
Yusuf Halilu-led court that the matter was for
arraignment and urged the court to direct that
the two count charge be read to the accused
persons.
Saraki, Ekweremadu and Maikasua are facing a
two count charge bordering on conspiracy and
forgery of senate rule in 2015.
Justice Halilu has stood down the matter to allow
the prosecution file a counter affidavit against the
motion for bail of the accused persons.
Prior to the stand down, Halilu denied asking
reporters to vacate the courtroom.
“I will not ask journalists to leave my court room,
don’t report what is not correct. I represent
everybody; my work is to do the best I can,”
Halilu said.
http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/27/forgery-of-senate-rule-saraki-ekweremadu-others-plead-not-guilty/
Re: Forgery Of Senate Rule: Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others Plead Not Guilty by madridguy(m): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Forgery Of Senate Rule: Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others Plead Not Guilty by jay2pee(m): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Forgery Of Senate Rule: Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others Plead Not Guilty by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 27, 2016
Speedy trial abi?
If it concerns influential personalities they will hasten the trial
Re: Forgery Of Senate Rule: Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others Plead Not Guilty by kadas01(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2016
The law should take its course!

Simple!!

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Gov. Bagudu Abubakar Visits Idps In Gwadangwaji, Kebbi State / The Pontification Of St Buratai / Shooting Of DPO Police Arrest 12 Suspects Including Four Catholic Priests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.