Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Who Introduced The Naira? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Introduced The Naira? (1060 Views)

What Happened To The Naira Swap / Good News. The Naira Is Now 245 To $1. See Inside! / CBN Floats The Naira, The Implications For You And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Introduced The Naira? by othuskyTM(m): 8:00am On Jun 28, 2016
Nigeria was colonized by the British and her currency is the British pounds Sterling, so I have been wondering if we are British colony we are suppose to be using pounds as legal tender like other countries of the world. Nigeria as self acclaimed giant of Africa should have a better currency not the weak (#)Naira. Recently Mr President Mohammed Buhari is seriously complain about the current state of the naira devaluation which is not helping the country's economy even the common man on the street. To my own opinion I suggests we go back to our pounds Sterling for the Naira to gain balance over the US dollar because 351 naira to dollar is unacceptable compared to 1985 when it was 1.3 to one dollar.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Who Introduced The Naira? by omogidi234(m): 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
Your topical question did not reflect in your discussion. Well Papa Awo introduced the Naira as I heard. May be you can suggest to PMB to change our currency to USD as British Pounds is a no go area for now.
Re: Who Introduced The Naira? by jpjohn(m): 10:33am On Jul 15, 2016
the question is who introduced the Naira? I would have guessed right because during Gowon Yakubu - Biafran civil war, we were told a change of currency cost Biafran Govt 1969. about 50 million Pounds. On a quick check. wiki says naira was introduced in 1973, still Yak Gowon was the head of state.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Terrible Experience With Club Konnect / Ponzi And Pyramid Schemes In Nigeria / Brazil Wool Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.