Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Can God Still Foregive Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Still Foregive Me? (1425 Views)

Can God Still Forgive Me? I Did Very Awful Things In The University / Can God Still Work Miracles? Please Read And Answer Because I Am Breaking Down / Can God Resurrect A Beheaded Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Still Foregive Me? by bmeworld(m): 11:47am On Jun 29, 2016
People of God. Please, can God still foregive me?
This my story...I served God, did great things in the past for God and I was happy with my relationship with Him. Having almost all the nine (9) gifts of the Holy Spirit at work in me, I enjoyed fellowshiping with God all day and night. When I changed environment, I continued strongly with God. Then along the line, I started mixing with some friends around. The Holy Spirit did warnned me against such friends and my involvement with them. Gradually, I found myself along with my friends doing things that I'm not proud of.
That was how i slowly left the path of righteousness and alined myself with sin. Today turning back to God is my utmost desire. But, fear wouldn't let me.
Now, my heart pricks me everyday. What must I do to gain my place again in God?
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by Likei(m): 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
what exactly did you commit?
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by bmeworld(m): 12:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
Likei:
what exactly did you commit?
Many bad things: fornication, lust, stealling, etc. I'm just ashamed of myself and really scared...
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by Likei(m): 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
bmeworld:

Many bad things: fornication, lust, stealling, etc. I'm just ashamed of myself and really scared...

you need councelling, i sugest you cunsult an evangelist. our God is a merciful God.
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by bmeworld(m): 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
Likei:

you need councelling, i sugest you cunsult an evangelist. our God is a merciful God.
Thanks alot Bro. i really do appreciate ur concern

1 Like

Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
bmeworld:

You fornicate because you are human. Just like you eat when you're hungry. You shouldn't be ashamed about your sexual feelings. Embrace them and go find a good Bleep for yourself.

Lust is the fruit that leads to fornication. Well, seeing you lost your spiritual fruits....

Ask forgiveness from the one who you stole from. The fact you still have some shame shows there's a good person inside. Enjoy life Bro. We make mistakes, then we learn and improve.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by ifenes(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
bmeworld:
This my story...I served God, did great things in the past for God and I was happy with my relationship with Him. Having almost all the nine (9) gifts of the Holy Spirit at work in me, I enjoyed fellowshiping with God all day and night. When I changed environment, I continued strongly with God. Then along the line, I started mixing with some friends around. The Holy Spirit did warnned me against such friends and my involvement with them. Gradually, I found myself along with my friends doing things that I'm not proud of.
That was how i slowly left the path of righteousness and alined myself with sin. Today turning back to God is my utmost desire. But, fear wouldn't let me.

Can you forgive yourself? Yes you can

3 Likes

Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by cyril10(m): 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
The bible says that if we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all sins-1 jh 1 vs 9

God says that if you return unto me I will return unto you, remember the children of Israel how many times they left the Lord but said that if they could return with their whole heart he will forgive them and repent of the evil he was planning to do to them.

We are still in the time of grace for us to come back to God if we are genuine with our repentance, I was in similar situation before, having walked closely with God before falling into most of the sins you mentioned up there.

Go back to calvary with a remorseful heart pray unto him he is waiting to forgive you and cleanse with the blood of Jesus.

God loves you so much, that is the reason why you are feeling the way you are right now, there are some in this situation that will not even bother to think of coming back to God because their hearts are hardened already, seize this opportunity you have now to get back to God but you need to do it by faith and consistency believing that God will answer because Jesus Christ his son is interceding for you.
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by sonofthunder: 9:30pm On Jun 29, 2016
Who is a God like You, Who forgives iniquity and passes over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retains not His anger forever, because He delights in mercy and loving-kindness.

19He will again have compassion on us; He will subdue and tread underfoot our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.(F)
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by bmeworld(m): 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

You fornicate because you are human. Just like you eat when you're hungry. You shouldn't be ashamed about your sexual feelings. Embrace them and go find a good Bleep for yourself.

Lust is the fruit that leads to fornication. Well, seeing you lost your spiritual fruits....

Ask forgiveness from the one who you stole from. The fact you still have some shame shows there's a good person inside. Enjoy life Bro. We make mistakes, then we learn and improve.
Thank you very much sir
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by bmeworld(m): 10:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
you gave me new hope and strenght. your words are very encouraging and hope-filled. thank you all
Cc: cyril10; sonofthunder; Likei; etc
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by Anas09: 11:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
bmeworld:
Here is what the Holy Spirit says;

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1 John:2:1
We are saved from sin, but our walk or race will not go without lapses. Just like a toddler learning to walk, he falls intermittently, but he doesn't stop walking until he perfects his steps.
The Holy Spirit in the above verse expects that as the redeemed we shd live above sin, but in case you stumble and falls, dont kill yourself. Satan wants you to die in guilt.
The Bible calls the Holy Spirit 'The Counsellor. In the Law court, what does your Counsel do? He represents you.

If you find yourself in sin, what do you do? repent, run to the Holy Spirit, confess your sins, forsake them.

Now, this is the best part;

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.
1 John:1:7
Pls mark the word CLEANSES. it's the present continues tense. As we go on I our walk, The Lord knows we shall fall, he made provisions. The blood still cleanses. All you need do is GET UP. don't remain in it, DONT ENJOY It, don't EXCUSE It. Call it by its name, SIN.

For you to cry out, means your spirit is more alive than the nature that's seeks to keep you in sin. That is Light.
We do not have the license to sin, No, but if you fall, like a toddler learning to walk, REMEMBER YOU HAVE AN ADVICATE IN CHRIST. Go to Him. That's the difference between us and them. They have no one standing there waiting, we do.

Hebrews 4:14-15 Seeing then that we have Jesus the Great High Priest Let us, then, hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we have a great High Priest who has gone into the very presence of God—Jesus, the Son of God.

Our High Priest is not one who cannot feel sympathy for our weaknesses. On the contrary, we have a High Priest who was tempted in every way that we are, but did not sin.
Have you seen what the Bible says?
Beleove, wake up, dust off, your father is awaiting your return with open hands.
Don't be afraid. True love cast off all fear. Be bold. Come home.
I Love You.

1 Like

Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by ifenes(m): 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
OP all you need to say is "I forgive myself" That's all that matters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by sonofthunder: 7:25am On Jun 30, 2016
bmeworld:
you gave me new hope and strenght. your words are very encouraging and hope-filled. thank you all
Cc: cyril10; sonofthunder; Likei; etc
All thanks be to our God and our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ... its a great joy for us to you being renewed and encouraged in the Lord.
stay blessed sir.
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by UEDIBO: 8:31am On Jun 30, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

I LIKE YOUR NAME
CAN YOU KILL SOMEONE FOR ME?
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 30, 2016
UEDIBO:

I LIKE YOUR NAME
CAN YOU KILL SOMEONE FOR ME?
No, ask the Holy Spirit or Jesus. They're better in that department.

1 Like

Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by bmeworld(m): 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
these passages are really me in building up my courage.
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by bmeworld(m): 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
these passages are really my building blocks of courage.
Cc: Anas09
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by bmeworld(m): 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
ifenes:
OP all you need to say is "I forgive myself" That's all that matters.
You are right. thank you so much for being there for a bro like me
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by bmeworld(m): 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2016
sonofthunder:

All thanks be to our God and our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ... its a great joy for us to you being renewed and encouraged in the Lord.
stay blessed sir.
AMEN
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by Anas09: 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
bmeworld:
Present sir. You surmoned me, am here. cheesy
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by Anas09: 10:33pm On Jun 30, 2016
bmeworld:
There's something else you should know, the Holy Spirit or God, does not condemn us, Satan does. Dodn't let him keep you down.
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by curvydiva(f): 1:31am On Jul 01, 2016
bmeworld:
God has forgiven you. In fact, he doesn't remember that you did anything. it's as though you never committed them. The Bible says of you in 2Corinthians 5 vs 21 that you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Say to yourself, sir, my sins Ard forgiven, I am as righteous as Christ is. The Bible says there is therefore no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus... Colossians 1 vs 14 says in whom we have redemption, even the forgiveness of sins. 2 Cor 5 vs 17 says the old has passed away, the new has come. Hebrews 8 vs 12 says He'd remember your sins no more. God is not angry with you sir. He loves you irrespective of what you've done. Christ paid for it. You're blessed.
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 01, 2016
curvydiva:

God has forgiven you. In fact, he doesn't remember that you did anything.
Lol. God can forget? grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by UEDIBO: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

No, ask the Holy Spirit or Jesus. They're better in that department.
but why lucifer
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
Anas09:

Present sir. You surmoned me, am here. cheesy
Babe. Happy wknd. kiss

UEDIBO:
but why lucifer
Why not? Beautiful name.
Re: Can God Still Foregive Me? by bmeworld(m): 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
You guys really are the BEST. I thank you all for your concern and your contributions. GOD will richly reward you.

(1) (Reply)

Knowledge Is Bad For You!!! / Is The World Really Getting Worse? - A Response Thread / The Mystery Of Tithe Demystified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.