Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? (11731 Views)

Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance / Buhari's Victory Celebration At Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park In Ojota, Lagos / "May IBB Die A Violent Death"- Gani Fawehinmi’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by TaiAdepoj(m): 5:22pm On Sep 06, 2009
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#990000][/color][/font][/font] R.I.P  GREAT INJUSTICE FIGHTER
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by theviper1: 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2009
how crude life can be.its only the good ones that dies.look at that Gani dead; OBJ still alive. cry cry
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:47pm On Sep 06, 2009
yeah. the evil ones stay alive too long to commit more atrocities! sad
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by funweez(f): 1:12am On Sep 07, 2009
UNCLE, WAS IT ALL WORTH IT? YOUR DEATH CAN ONLY BE LESS PAINFUL,WHEN THIS COUNTRY NIGERIA BECOMES YOUR VISION TURNED INTO REALITY. cry WHY DID SOMEONE LIKE YOU HAVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER BATTLE WITH CANCER, IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS YOU, WE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. R.I.P
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 07, 2009
may he RIP.

sad.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by chosen04(f): 9:46am On Sep 07, 2009
Afam:

Someone asked if there was a place she could sign a condolence register earlier and I thought of setting up a website to celebrate this great Nigerian with an online condolence register, user contributed articles, news and photo album for the defender of the Nigerian masses (www.ganiliveson.org).

I pray his struggle will not be in vain.

Rest in peace!

@AFAM,
Thanks for setting up the condolence register, i just signed up. i will appreciate if you can save the register for generations yet unborn. They need to read and see the tribute from people from all works of life for this man who rendered selfless service to humanity.
Thanks and GOD bless
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by dafman10(m): 9:50am On Sep 07, 2009
Goodbye Gani, SAM. My dear sleep well and Rest in Peace
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Nezan(m): 10:14am On Sep 07, 2009
may his soul RIPP.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by dafman10(m): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2009
RIP Gani
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 07, 2009
ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND ALL MY KINS MEN FROM ONDO STATE.
BARR GANI (SAN) MAY YOUR GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE.AMEN
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by chisomquee: 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2009
rip voice of the masses
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by elbulk(m): 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2009

Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2009
ebulk you're here again with another floozy pix! what's this got to do with gani?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by wiszy2kool: 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2009
Thank you
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by chalsio: 12:05am On Sep 08, 2009
May his soul rest in peace, Amen
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Bashbaba(m): 9:20am On Sep 08, 2009
Gani!!! Ina lillahi wainaillay Rojiun. Do we actually know who this man is or was?

One of the few men known and recorgnised with only their first names.

He has been in jail and detention more than any Nigerian: dead or alive.

So, its true that  tall trees never last in the forest.
While he lived,he was the cynosure of all eyes,
Cicero of  Ondo,
The threat to every Military Junta,
A cancer in the blood for bad governance and its menaces,
The conscience of  Nigerian State,
One man battalion that confronted Nigerian Army and opened his chest at the front of armoured tank.
Whenever he sneezed,the govt catched cold!

It's actually true that when looters die,no comet seen,but heaven itself blazed forth at the death of a prince.
To call Gani an hero is an understatement.The heroic and iconic status which Gani attained had put a question mark to the legendaries of many people that such words have been abusively used for.

It is indeed a bad moment for Nigeria,a sad time for Nigerians,a dark day for democracy and the rule of law and indeed a dull,drab and yet sorrowful time for the masses.To the family,I will say we lost a jewel of inextimable value in Gani.To friends,you have lost a rare and dependable  gem,To the needies,we have lost the greatest philantrophist of our time in Gani.To the legal practicioners,they have lost in Gani a polished,inorruptable and examplinary colleague, tutor and a legal luminary.To the activists,a dogged fighter and inspiration is gone.To the masses, we have lost one  man with many qualities- a loudspeaker or  mouthpiece for the voiceless,an ear to aid the deaf, an eye for the blind and a gauge to measure the performance of our leaders.To  the
politicians,I will say the Lion is wounded (broken its leg) you can now have a free day to operate.Our counscience is dead!

Could Gani have died after fighting several battles many of whom he won? Couldnt Gani have simply won a battle with just an ordinary cancer? Men of goodwills are not meant to live forever .If they do, they get tired of doing good all the times while what they always get in return is evil.He has to go. At least to teach other good men left behind a lesson that the good work is just for an appointed time after which they will die.So, they have to continue doing the good work for a while (short time that they will live).That is where I take my solace.

Can we ever get somebody like Gani again? Maybe in another generation!
Gani is a rare man:it takes centuries to see their likes.

May Allah repose his soul.Farahu Waraiyanu Wajanatu Naheemi (Amin)
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by slap1(m): 9:45am On Sep 08, 2009
the man could have lived if not for our comatose health facilities. he was diagonized of a different ailment in a nigerian hospital before the overseas doctors gave him the real truth -- cancer. Gani, just seeing his face on the front page would make me buy a newspaper. the most fearless nigerian lawyer. i hope we can have another of you in Festus Keyamo.ADIEU, PEACEFUL ONE.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by emiemi(f): 1:08pm On Sep 08, 2009
RIP SAN Fawehinmi
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by youngies(m): 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2009
Adieu Gani

You will be fondly remembered
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by poj(m): 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2009
The iroko tree has fallen; shocking indeed was the news of chief Gani fawehinmi’s death. The human right activist, the social critics, the hope of the hopeless, the legal luminary and the defender of the masses is no more. I wish it were false but it is nothing but true; the senior advocate of the masses is dead.  I implore and pray that may almighty Allah forgive his sins, grant his family the fortitude to bear his eternal absence and make him an inmate of Aljannah.

His many virtues can never be extensively explored.  He was a role model to many in his chosen career and several facets of life. Nigeria and Nigerians will indeed miss him. Eerin nla lo ni nu igbo. Chief Gani’s death will no doubt creates a huge vacuum in the Nigerian socio-political entity. The dogged fighter is no more, the defender of the masses has gone forever, the human right activist has been forced by death to permanently down tools, the outstandingly selfless person has finished his God - sent assignment on the planet earth, the philanthropist has breathed his last one on the early hour of September the 5th,  2009.

Ah Mr. death, you are so great that Chief Gani could not ensued you in a legal battle as to what right you have to take his soul. Ah Mista! U must be really cruel. We will want to take solace in the fact that you actually want to serve as a train that will take the great philanthropist to the paradise. Let alone that, the legal profession, the poor masses, the elites, the deprived, the democrats and the entire Nigerian populace would have waged a legal and non legal battle on you Mr death.  Quite disrespectful you are Mr death, you never even cared to consider the relevance of Gani in our society before using your cold hand on him. Only God, the creator, the ever living, the most knowledgeable, and the commander in chief of everything (angel Death inclusive) can justify and rationalise your action before the aggrieved and the bereaved lovers of the senior advocate of the masses.

Only God knows whether there is a replacement for the calibre of Gani in this generation. He is a rare creature i have ever seen i must confess. He fought for the masses all through his life till his moment of dying; he never forgot to give his last words to the poor masses and the Nigerian people. He was reported to have said that he will keep up the struggles and fights even in his grave. Incredible it sounds! That is the extent to which he loves and appreciates the masses and the down trodden.

May Allah subuhana watahala in his infinite mercy grant him eternal bliss and make him a dweller of Aljanah in the hereafter. To chief Gani’s family; do take heart and do nothing to soil the reputation of the social crusader, may Allah continue to guide and bless your family. To Nigerians let’s pray for him and immortalise his soul for he deserves nothing short of that. O Allah, consider the greatness of this holy month (ramadhan) and grant him eternal bliss.  Amin
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by EkejijaK: 7:13pm On Sep 08, 2009
sincere nigerians will really miss great gani. unlike our political leaders like obj and co who will do the opposite.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by Teminio: 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2009
Adieu Gani. What a time to die? RIP
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by FBS: 7:31am On Sep 09, 2009
R.I.P Chief Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) cry
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by pcicero(m): 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2009
Pity, i've been busy to put in few words.
Gani, the indefatigable and erudite legal luminary. A friend of the masses. Your death has created a vacuum in the moral conscience of our dear nation. he toiled day and night with the belief that this country would be great one day given the right atmosphere.
Adieu
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by K3L3CH1: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2009
In Honour of Gani Fawehinmi

Though it seems like any other day
As the day breaks and the cock crows
But, No! let it not be
Not in the heart of many of us
Many of the hearts you have touched
Many minds you did inspire

You were our freedom fighter
Our leader
Your voice was the loudest
When all that speak is led to slay
And none dare to speak out
Your voice echoes in our hearts
LOUD ! Speaking out in passion
Against injustice, you were our voice
Against oppression, you were the loudest
Against corruption and corrupt leader
You fought till your last breath

Your fought to restore to a people
Those rights that are theirs
You were the light
When we thought we had reach
The end of our cross road
You gave us hope
You gave us courage
You gave us yourself
So we could be free

You thought us integrity
When it all seems faded amidst us
And indeed your demise confirm
To us as no amount of stolen billion could buy
What you mean to us all

Death where is thy sting
Grave where is thy victory
Adieu, Gani!
Our messenger is gone
But his message still lives on
GANIYU FAWEHINMI
You will forever
Live in our hearts
And generations to come.

K3LECH1
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Passed On? by adexchamp(m): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2009
I was just wondering about the cause of his death which they said Lung cancer and i believe that disease is widely associated with smokers,Chief Gani Fawehimi i believe is a staunch muslim and i doubt it if he neither smokes nor drinks, this is still mysterious to me sha, anyway May his gentle soul R.I.P

21 Gun salute for the advocate of the masses, !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Elisha Abbo Scandal: Amnesty International Calls On Police To Investigate / Ortom Drags Miyetti Allah To International Court / Elections: Remove Lagos REC, Cancel Oluomo's Contract, LP Urges INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.