Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution (943 Views)

Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut / Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution / Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution by Slimbideb: 6:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
The Lagos State Government on Wednesday, shut down 70
churches, 20 mosques and about 11 hotels, club houses
and beer parlours in a move aimed at reducing noise in the
state.

The General Manager, Lagos State Environmental
Protection Agency (LASEPA), Bola Shabi, who made this
known, said that henceforth, the state government would
no longer allow make-shift buildings to be used as places
of worship. Shabi said: “Precisely about 70 churches, 20 mosques and about 11 hotels, club houses and beer parlours were shut and we’ve given them some directives to
follow.

“We’ve been so strict now that we are not going to even allow make- shift churches in the state any longer.
“What I mean by make-shift, using tents and uncompleted building, we are not going to allow that any further in the state.

“But I will strongly tell you that the level of compliance is
more on the mosque area, because immediately you shut
them, they instantly bring down their speakers or reduce
the noise they make.’’
Shabi said that LASEPA planned to reduce noise in the state
to 70 percent and to zero per cent by the year 2020.
“As at today, we are only able to reduce the noise level to
about 35 per cent. That is not a pass mark yet. So, until we
reach that target of 70 to 80 per cent, we will continue the
enforcement. Enforcement is a continuous exercise and we
have set a target for ourselves. We want to ensure that
Lagos is noise-free by the year 2020. With our status as a
mega city, by year 2020 we will be free of noise,’’ he said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/lagos-shuts-down-70-churches-20-mosques-over-noise-pollution/
Re: Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution by TI1919(m): 6:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
Good one

cool
Re: Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution by ckmayoca: 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
These worship centres shld be located along major road side and not streets and neighbourhoods, anyone by neighbourhood shld use sound prove or no big speakers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution by babyfaceafrica: 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
Nice one...thank God the gov is a christain ,if not so bigots and ugandans would have shouted he wants to islamise lagos...some people no just get sense!!!!
Re: Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution by BossKratos: 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
The churches and mosques na scam houses as well as noise making _wankers so no shaking there!

The hotels na those special types of olosho zones so that 1 sef no to get issue!

But the beer parlours? Haba! In this economy? Make people no shayo to kill their frustration again? E be like say lagos one increase their suicide rates! angry
Re: Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution by Tolexander: 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
Very nice one.

So annoying seeing church with members not more than 20 which include the pastor's family up to a football team, using PAS(Public Address System) to disturb one's sleep all in the name of vigil. Without using PAS, they the pastor will still be audibly heard.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution by CAPSLOCKED: 6:48am On Jun 30, 2016
Tolexander:
Very nice one.

THIS IS A MIRACLE! cheesy
Re: Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution by Tolexander: 7:04am On Jun 30, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS IS A MIRACLE! cheesy
miracle? cheesy
Re: Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution by dimieprincess(f): 7:18am On Jun 30, 2016
As a Christian and PDP pundit, I am fully in support of this move. This noise I experience in my hood (Uyo) yesterday night was so annoying. Everybody should use "noiseproof" sound systems. I can't be sleeping and you are disturbing me with your noise, after all we ain't attending same church.

Jesus is my Lord and personal saviour and he preached against noisy prayer

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution by zeal22(m): 7:21am On Jun 30, 2016
Fp please

Cc lala
Re: Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution by lalasticlala(m): 7:34am On Jun 30, 2016

(1)

A Brigde On The FIRST Nigeria Road Has Become A Menace / Names Of 21 Aigs Retired For Reportedly Being Seniors Of New IG /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.