Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,127 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut (557 Views)

Lagos Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques Over Noise Pollution / Lagos Seals 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels For Noise Pollution / Ogun Dried River: Lagos Government Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut by lizzybog: 3:32am On Jun 30, 2016
Read News,Search jobs,Sell your properties on Nigeria Classified Site http://ng./
Description

The management of the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA), has shut down 70
churches and 20 mosques in the state over noise pollution. Bola Shani, the general manager of the agency made this known in an interview with newsmen in Lagos today June 29th.

“Precisely about 70 churches, 20 mosques and about 11 hotels, club houses and beer parlours were shut and we’ve given them some directives to follow. We’ve been so strict now that we are not going to even allow make-shift churches in the state any longer. What I mean by make-shift, using tents and uncompleted building, we are not going to allow that any further in the state.

But I will strongly tell you that the level of compliance is more on the mosque area, because immediately you shut them, they instantly bring down their speakers or reduce the noise they make.’’ Shabi says the plan of the state government is to reduce noise pollution in the state to about zero per cent by the year 2020. “As at today, we are only able to reduce the noise level to about 35 per cent. That is not a pass mark yet. So, until we reach that target of 70 to 80 per cent, we will continue the enforcement.‎ Enforcement is a continuous exercise and we have set a target for ourselves. We want to ensure that Lagos is noise-free by the year 2020. With our status as a mega city, by year 2020 we will be free of noise,’’ he said.

continue reading from source click http://www./ads/lagos-government-shuts-down-70-churches-20-mosques-11-hotels-over-noise-pollution/
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut by mysteriousman(m): 4:01am On Jun 30, 2016
Nice one
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut by Nobody: 4:49am On Jun 30, 2016
To be sincere, not only churches and mosques.
Every Nigerian is guilty of Noise pollution offence. Blasting of home theatre in the environ, loud car stereo, anyhow open party.... in short, evefywhere in Nigeria is polluted by Noise.
And did i see dem say 35% achieved already? lol... i hope this is not another lie oooo
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut by ikbnice(m): 5:13am On Jun 30, 2016
They think the noise gets to heaven.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut by ikbnice(m): 5:15am On Jun 30, 2016
keyzid:
To be sincere, not only churches and mosques.
Every Nigerian is guilty of Noise pollution offence. Blasting of home theatre in the environ, loud car stereo, anyhow open party.... in short, evefywhere in Nigeria is polluted by Noise.
And did i see dem say 35% achieved already? lol... i hope this is not another lie oooo
no one wants a noise like that at 1:00 am all in the name of vigil.
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut by Mynd44: 5:17am On Jun 30, 2016
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut by Eboski(m): 5:39am On Jun 30, 2016
this is the part I love most. But I will strongly tell you that the level of compliance is more on the mosque area, because immediately you shut them, they instantly bring down their speakers or reduce the noise they make.’’
Pls the churches should complian just like what the mosques has done. without noise our heavenly Father will heart our prayers
Re: Lagos Government Shuts Down 70 Churches, 20 Mosques, 11 Hotels Over Noise Pollut by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 30, 2016
ikbnice:
no one wants a noise like that at 1:00 am all in the name of vigil.
Lmao. You right though.

(1) (Reply)

Policemen Invades Ekiti, Following Orders To Arrest PDP Leaders - Ekiti Govt / EFCC Arrest Two For Fraudulent SMS In Edo / Abia Crisis: Read Orji Uzor Kalu's Message To Ikpeazu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.