Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

x - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / x (2297 Views)

Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) / Students In Akwa Ibom Disrupt Townhall Meeting Organized By FG / 50 NSCDC Officers To Ondo Over Illegal Mining (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

x by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
Am not really good at writing but I hope am able to drive my point..

Straight to the point, some people came to our area and they said they saw some precious stones in front of our house (it was also confirmed by the hausas which they bought).

When we were being briefed, they said that each cup cost 10 million naira from which we are going to share it in a 50/50% and that they are from the federal government..

Experinced nairalanders, what do you think about this, is it legal or illegal cos just today alone about 50 hausas are on field and more are still coming cos they said it is in large quantities..

N.B: This has been going on sporadically in our area and many have become millonaires over this issue. Am not really good at writing but I hope am able to drive my point..

Straight to the point, some people came to our area and they said they saw some precious stones in front of our house (it was also confirmed by the hausas which they bought).

When we were being briefed, they said that each cup cost 10 million naira from which we are going to share it in a 50/50% and that they are from the federal government..

Experinced nairalanders, what do you think about this, is it legal or illegal cos just today alone about 50 hausas are on field and more are still coming cos they said it is in large quantities..

N.B: This has been going on sporadically in our area and many have become millonaires over this issue. Am not really good at writing but I hope am able to drive my point..

N.B: This has been going on sporadically in our area and many have become millonaires over this issue.

N.B: This has been going on sporadically in our area and many have become millonaires over this issue.
Re: x by Militant1: 9:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
And you are telling is here... Abi u no wan be millionaire too?

2 Likes

Re: x by CuteTj(m): 9:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
Of course that is illegal mining going on in your area. I can bet it with you that they have no license to carryout operation on those fields. If they are caught, the government may seize your lands.

But op wait, hope it's not in my village in Osun state. I and my cousin are going into the business (legally or illegally) next month when I visit home.

1 Like

Re: x by PhilemonObende: 9:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
Vorp:

Which state?
Re: x by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
PhilemonObende:

Which state?
Osun state
Re: x by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
CuteTj:
Of course that is illegal mining going on in your area. I can bet it with you that they have no license to carryout operation on those fields. If they are caught, the government may seize your lands.

But op wait, hope it's not in my village in Osun state. I and my cousin are going into the business (legally or illegally) next month when I visit home.
lol..
Re: x by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 30, 2016
maybe lalasticlala can move this to fp for wide coverage.
Re: x by Nobody: 5:06am On Jun 30, 2016
oo
Re: x by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 30, 2016
Vorp:
maybe lalasticlala can move this to fp for wide coverage.

Abeg which precious stone is it?
Re: x by babyfaceafrica: 6:44am On Jun 30, 2016
How can they be from federal government?....Oga you sef reason am naw!!....its illegal runs...Na u sabi if you want do am o....just know that if you do it,you are part of the people hindering Nigerias economic growth and you are the same with NDA and oda millitants,if you like do it,if you don't do it..just know that for every action,there are reactions !!!!
Re: x by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 30, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Abeg which precious stone is it?
Lol, they dont wanna tell us which makes it more confusing..They first said it was gold at first but now they are just telling us we are sitting on huge wealth we cant comprehend but only awaiting our permission..
Re: x by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 30, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
How can they be from federal government?....Oga you sef reason am naw!!....its illegal runs...Na u sabi if you want do am o....just know that if you do it,you are part of the people hindering Nigerias economic growth and you are the same with NDA and oda millitants,if you like do it,if you don't do it..just know that for every action,there are reactions !!!!
Thought as much, but people are doing it damn too much here that the hausa have gone underground into unsuspecting homes, only for the owners to discover thereby causing huge fight.
Re: x by babyfaceafrica: 6:56am On Jun 30, 2016
Vorp:

Thought as much, but people are doing it damn too much here that the hausa have gone underground into unsuspecting homes, only for the owners to discover thereby causing huge fight.
are you the onwer of the land or hausas?...how can hausa cometo your land and take precious stone?..or they are bribing land owners becuae I don't belive any person can cometomy land and just take away stones?..is it ilesa or ife?..E je ja ara yin!!!!
Re: x by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 30, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
are you the onwer of the land or hausas?...how can hausa cometo your land and take precious stone?..or they are bribing land owners becuae I don't belive any person can cometomy land and just take away stones?..is it ilesa or ife?..E je ja ara yin!!!!
they didnt just badge into the lands o, they are being used by some money hungry unscrupulous landlords, you know how Nigerians behave when they see awoof money na..
Re: x by Jlow2: 7:41am On Jun 30, 2016
Vorp:

were exactly in osun state?
Re: x by Aphrygian(m): 7:45am On Jun 30, 2016
Its either iperindo, or odo. All those villages closer to iperindo are endowed with stones.
Re: x by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 30, 2016
Jlow2:
were exactly in osun state?
Ife
Re: x by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 30, 2016
Aphrygian:
Its either iperindo, or odo. All those villages closer to iperindo are endowed with stones.
its common here, I dont knpw why FG is letting these resources wasted by people cos I believe they are being exploited with what have read and seen..
Re: x by babyfaceafrica: 8:04am On Jun 30, 2016
Vorp:

they didnt just badge into the lands o, they are being used by some money hungry unscrupulous landlords, you know how Nigerians behave when they see awoof money na..
I guess so,,bribery don take over....just be careful and vigilant...no body must use yah head o!!!
Re: x by RZArecta(m): 8:07am On Jun 30, 2016
The FG frowns at illegal mining of crude oil i.e. pipeline vandalism, refining and bunkering but it's completely blind to solid minerals like precious metals and stones since activities of such mines are limited to the regions of powers that be. Op I advice you to take advantage of any opportunity you have to enjoy your land and anything you find in it as I will also do the same thing

1 Like

Re: x by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 30, 2016
RZArecta:
The FG frowns at illegal mining of crude oil i.e. pipeline vandalism, refining and bunkering but it's completely blind to solid minerals like precious metals and stones since activities of such mines are limited to the regions of powers that be. Op I advice you to take advantage of any opportunity you have to enjoy your land and anything you find in it as I will also do the same thing
hope it wont backfire when the society and upcoming generation wont have anything to fall back on cos of our own quick wealth..like our forefathers did when they sold us and valuable things of old for the so called ordinary mirrors of now..
Re: x by Babacele: 8:39am On Jun 30, 2016
Op this is illegal mining but who brought them? without a mining license showing the land cadastral, it is illegal . A licensed miner would have approached your community head for a letter of consent to mine after he would have pledged a fee or percent annually or as agreed before the mining office can start attending to his application for a license. so who in your community gave him the approval?
come to the roundtable with all the parties and resolve it amicably if not you can approach the law.
make sure you have all your facts ready. keep in touch.
Re: x by RZArecta(m): 10:29am On Jun 30, 2016
Vorp:

hope it wont backfire when the society and upcoming generation wont have anything to fall back on cos of our own quick wealth..like our forefathers did when they sold us and valuable things of old for the so called ordinary mirrors of now..
this is a ridiculous argument. If you don't want the wealth (just like the way FG abandons solid minerals) then leave it for those who need it. The op definitely has a lot of things and responsibilities to settle with money
Re: x by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
RZArecta:
this is a ridiculous argument. If you don't want the wealth (just like the way FG abandons solid minerals) then leave it for those who need it. The op definitely has a lot of things and responsibilities to settle with money
who doesnt want the money considering the present economy condition, but a part of me is just saying its not right..
Re: x by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
Babacele:
Op this is illegal mining but who brought them? without a mining license showing the land cadastral, it is illegal . A licensed miner would have approached your community head for a letter of consent to mine after he would have pledged a fee or percent annually or as agreed before the mining office can start attending to his application for a license. so who in your community gave him the approval?
come to the roundtable with all the parties and resolve it amicably if not you can approach the law.
make sure you have all your facts ready. keep in touch.
yeah bro..
Re: x by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
its like u want to lose ur land abi. u beta delete d thread and join them. if the nigerian mining cadastre give a company license to mine. ur finished. cos am sure u dont hv any docs on d land
Re: x by RZArecta(m): 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
Vorp:

who doesnt want the money considering the present economy condition, but a part of me is just saying its not right..
minerals have been mined since time immemorial and they'll continue to be mined. It's wise to use opportunities when they present themselves but if you're talking about flora and fauna that's a different story
Re: x by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
Apart from crude oil, every other mineral resources in this country is been mine illegally. This is another reason why the people of Niger Delta are angry. Is not like we are the only people with natural resources in the country but everybody is just interested in oil, and are ignoring other mineral resources which could also produce billions for Nigeria.
Re: x by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
eddyjibs:
its like u want to lose ur land abi. u beta delete d thread and join them. if the nigerian mining cadastre give a company license to mine. ur finished. cos am sure u dont hv any docs on d land

Dem Papa no fit try am..
Re: x by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
RZArecta:
minerals have been mined since time immemorial and they'll continue to be mined. It's wise to use opportunities when they present themselves but if you're talking about flora and fauna that's a different story
I think it should be surely done by FG and not people that will be giving crumbs and exploited thinking they have hit jackpot..And sadly, thats the present situation now.

(1) (Reply)

Just in | Our Prayer For Buhari - N D Avengers, Vow Independence October 1st / Emeka Offor's Plan To Rehabilitate Daura Library: Charity Or Eye Service? / Igbo Elders & Youth Are Arrogant, Ungrateful We Back Quit Notice--northen Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.