Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead (67235 Views)

Patience Jonathan And Amaechi Smiling At Ojo Maduekwe's Burial (Photos) / Osita Chidoka Arrives Ojo Maduekwe's Burial On Bicycle (pic) / Amaechi At Ojo Maduekwe's Burial With PDP Members (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by hisgrace090: 4:46am On Jun 30, 2016
Another Igbo politician gone, without attracting anything to Igbo land. Almost all Igbo politicians are in politics only for their pocket.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Ejehjoe(m): 4:49am On Jun 30, 2016
NAIRALAND, A PLACE OF FUN, A PLACE TO GET IT REAL NOT MINDING WHO IS OFFENDED!
DEATH OF high profile??
DEATH NA DEATH NA....
I THINK IT ONLY WARNS US TO BE PREPARED BEFORE NOW AND ALWAYS
AS OUR TIME TICKS BY THE SECOND
A CALL BOTH HIGH AND LOW WILL ANSWER!!
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Orikinla(m): 5:05am On Jun 30, 2016
He was a notable Igbo statesman.
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Rasque1759(m): 5:16am On Jun 30, 2016
aah ki lo pa? . RiP
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Aromas: 5:23am On Jun 30, 2016
olagamalin:
*Diplomat. One death is enough sir ....don't murder English language. #Cheers
grin Thanks man
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Aromas: 5:25am On Jun 30, 2016
bankylan:

A diplomat...
Thanks man 4d correction.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Aromas: 5:26am On Jun 30, 2016
notoriousbabe:
chai see as you take bomb kill the man again
Baba no mind mi o, Noted!
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Aromas: 5:28am On Jun 30, 2016
raumdeuter:

Is it by force to speak English?
Do u knw my problem? Am ready 2b corrected any day anytime grin #Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Gbegiri101(m): 5:35am On Jun 30, 2016
Many
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Manfred05(m): 5:42am On Jun 30, 2016
Cherishing:
Ukpabieee

Akaya Ojo anwulee nu

Eziokwu uwao bu kwa Hu alawa ahara

Ohafia udumaeze kaao !
Cherishing:
Ukpabieee

Akaya Ojo anwulee nu

Ohafia udumaeze kaao !
Cherishing:
Ukpabieee

Akaya Ojo anwulee nu

Ohafia udumaeze kaao !
How u from Ohafia [ Lands of Great warriors? ]

1 Like

Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by KnowAll(m): 6:00am On Jun 30, 2016
This man work or is it chop till he drops. He was still an ambassador barely 12 months ago. Tell me when a man of his age has time to rest when he is still working at 70 years plus .Does he know what takes 4 an old man to get up every morning rushing to work.

Our people in Nigeria should observe that there is a retirement age 4 a reason.

Greedy octogenerians take note especially those still nursing ambition of being a Govern or, minister or an ambassador.

3 Likes

Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 30, 2016
this my birth month took so many people home, even Elechi Amadi,not to talk about those not in limelight, yesterday 3 school children from the same parent were crushed to death by a learner..Lord have mercy.rip to the dead
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Luckymay(f): 6:03am On Jun 30, 2016
Rip to the dead. Meanwhile kindly look at my signature
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by ORIGENAL(m): 6:05am On Jun 30, 2016
For the headlines;
{1} Former Minister Ojo Maduekwe is dead.
{2} Popular Nigerian writer Elechi Amadi is dead.
{3} President Muhammedu Buhari...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Oooo noo! ....Breaks fast with Ooni Of ife.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Manfred05(m): 6:06am On Jun 30, 2016
[quote author=Kaslino post=47054109][/quote] Kaslino where in Ohafia are u from.....I rep Amaekpu

1 Like

Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by lonelydora: 6:12am On Jun 30, 2016
Ohafia and Abia have lost a great man

1 Like

Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Manfred05(m): 6:14am On Jun 30, 2016
BASD:
Former Foreign Minister, Chief Ojo Maduekwe is dead.

He was born May 6, 1945 in Abia State, Nigeria and was appointed Foreign Minister of Nigeria on July 26, 2007 by President Umaru Yar'Adua

Maduekwe was also appointed Culture and Tourism minister by President Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999, Minister of Transport in 2001.

As Minister of Transport he got the nick name 'Ojo oni Keke' for advocating for the use of bicycles, although critics said that the roads were unsafe for cyclists and Maduekwe himself was pushed into a ditch by a bus while he was cycling to work.

He was National Secretary of the ruling political party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

http://thenationonlineng.net/ex-foreign-affairs-minister-ojo-maduekwe-dies/

Ohafia as a whole as lost a great man.....RIP Chief Ojo
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Manfred05(m): 6:17am On Jun 30, 2016
Chai....Ohafia as lost a Great Man. RIP
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by loluharmony(m): 6:28am On Jun 30, 2016
let me borrow patience Jonathan English; Is a great Manhood when he was alive. RIP
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by olatade(m): 6:34am On Jun 30, 2016
Rest in peace. Is Chief Ojo Madukwe related to Alison Maduekwe? If he is, I hope she is coming for the burial?
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by willibounce1(m): 6:34am On Jun 30, 2016
This year's June has been a really terrible month of deaths here and there. Hopefully July should bring good news
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by MyX1: 6:51am On Jun 30, 2016
He is One of those who worked against the development of Abia & the S East.
He was a disapointment to Abia & Igbos.
"IGBO QUEST FOR PRESIDENT IS IDIOTIC" That is the only Legacy he left.

1 Like

Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by mikkypel(m): 7:02am On Jun 30, 2016
sylva1:
Stephen Keshi, Amodu Shuaibu, Elechi Amadi and now Ojo Maduekwe all in one month. This month of June is really a very terrible one for our dear country!!

Make we hear word jor.. Do you know how many important souls is been lost daily not to talk of monthly.. You can only hear this ones because they are popular.. Does that mean they should live forever. Death is inevitable and Constant
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Naijapikin1: 7:53am On Jun 30, 2016
Immality:

People can lie shaa...
am not the contractor, i only handle the scaffolding coontract. I'v notin to gain by lieing. Grow up.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by kahal29: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2016
hisgrace090:
Another Igbo politician gone, without attracting anything to Igbo land. Almost all Igbo politicians are in politics only for their pocket.

You ve said it all. You won't believe that the road leading to his house in the village is not motorable. Wondering how his burial will be

1 Like

Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by jude90(m): 8:20am On Jun 30, 2016
may his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Duru009(m): 9:01am On Jun 30, 2016
Another strong igbo elder stateman has fallen....

Death y!!!?
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Nelsonanya(m): 9:10am On Jun 30, 2016
With gratitude to God and heavy heart we morn the death of our Legend, the true son of Asaga Ohafia, Ojo Maduekwe.
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Itydee(m): 9:26am On Jun 30, 2016
You have forgotten the months where 50 people died groteguesly in Agatu and in Enugu states. Those killed were all Nigerians and the ones you mentioned above were not more Nigerian than these dead ones killed by Fulani herdsmen.
We are all very important and valuable to our nation. If one is blessed today does not mean others wont have their fair share tomorrow.
sylva1:
Stephen Keshi, Amodu Shuaibu, Elechi Amadi and now Ojo Maduekwe all in one month. This month of June is really a very terrible one for our dear country!!
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 30, 2016
I like your spirit Aromas, you did not get angry with those who mocked you (as i might have). So many have made fun of your mistake here, as if they haven't ever made a mistake before. The best correction was "A diplomat...." as someone quietly wrote. All the best Aromas, read lots of newspapers & books for fun, not even just for learning, always have a dictionary close by too. It drastically improves grammar and knowledge is priceless.

Good luck

Aromas:

Do u knw my problem? Am ready 2b corrected any day anytime grin #Thanks
Re: Ojo Maduekwe Is Dead by Aromas: 9:39am On Jun 30, 2016
soletar:
I like your spirit Aromas, you did not get angry with those who mocked you (as i might have). So many have made fun of your mistake here, as if they haven't ever made a mistake before. The best correction was "A diplomat...." as someone quietly wrote. All the best Aromas, read lots of newspapers & books for fun, not even just for learning, always have a dictionary close by too. It drastically improves grammar and knowledge is priceless.

Good luck

Thank you sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities / Former Governors Dariye And Nyame Released From Prison (photos) / Nigeria Customs Launches New Uniform (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.