Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,226 members, 7,839,195 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki (37609 Views)

South-East Governors, Ekweremadu And Army Meet In Enugu (Photos) / Our Major Problem Is Ekweremadu, And Not Saraki- Oyegun / Ike Ekweremadu And Makarfi Return To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Goddex: 2:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
fd
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by agborodun: 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2016
hmnnn

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by logica(m): 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
Or? What does this mean? You mean if they resign, they will no longer face the fraud charge?
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by apcisevil: 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
Good people should be wise...the south is being reconquered and recolonised...the yorubas who seemed to be only standing man in south are steadily being tied because for some reason, they have helped pushed themselves in a corner...the south should wise up....this is not politics...most people here commenting as yorubas are truly hausas...the northern sole aim is to divide and destroy the south using the south themselve

4 Likes

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by labamo07(m): 3:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
kenkenn:
Wait a minute!

So the FG wants Saraki and Ekweremadu to resign

is that why they are witch hunting them?

Haba!

Are you still expecting Google to give you that answer...........................
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by rose54321: 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
This SGF sef really doesn't know diplomacy and or how perform his job function.
Wonder where Buhari gets these kind of people from

The same way the Adamu said the president is not mandated by the constitution to follow federal character in any appointments other than ministerial.

If he continues to perform below par and talk recklessly, we, Nigerians will call for his SACK.

I am not in support of the alleged alteration of the Senate book, yes Saraki and co should face their trial but we don't need to hear if from the SGF, RATHER THE SGF OFFICE IS NOT EXEPECTED TO RELEASE SUCH STATEMENTS.

2 Likes

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Curvinus(m): 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2016
This a perfect combination of political blackmail and witchhunting of the first class order.

It shows the FG is only interested in getting its perceived political opponents out of the way and replacing them with stooges who will be too happy to do their biddings.

3 Likes

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by ellovee(m): 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2016
FG can't deny having hand in the crisis rocking the duo (Saraki nd Ekweremadu), it is better they allow the legislators to operate without undue interference by other arms of the govt. Without that nothing could be achieved by the present government.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by ibrahimbashir99(m): 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
Its as simple as that or wait o, maybe he (sarakill) has another selfish intention of looting like he did in kwara state... #justsaying!
Okijajuju1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3908106_20160630141431_jpeg06e636f6241effd5855140e1b45ff1a1

Resign or get fhucked..

I Concur.. cool

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by dekaz(m): 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
kenkenn:
Wait a minute!

Haba!

I think we now get the message .... their removal is not for the betterment of this country it is for their self interest...... SGF ( DAVID BABACHIR LAWAL) deal with it , SARAKI will be the SENATE PRESIDENT for 4yrs...... in dino voice 4 years too sure

3 Likes

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by regma: 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
You are free to decide now
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Pyno30: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
Buhari wants to be Senate President and at same time be President.

3 Likes

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by peacecoy: 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
kenkenn:
Wait a minute!

Haba!

The sgf only made a reference to an earlier forgery case in the national assembly. You must not twist his statement with the aim of making government look bad.This is very common these days.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Ndycharly: 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2016
Buhari should first resign over certificate forgery, before he will have the power to ask them to resign. Let not the pot call the kettle black.[size=8pt][/size][color=#990000][/color]

[/b][b]
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by StepTwo: 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
thks is a very wrong statement from the FG, so if they resign then the case is closed?
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by sagaxity(m): 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
Resign or face your trial?? Very interesting headline indeed..

Its a clear notion that the persecution was a plot to force their resignation...

Watching the Ike and Saraki vs FG movie in 12D
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by cococandy(f): 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
babeface3:
The question I am asking is: does resignation absolve one of criminal charges? when you make such statement, does it not say much about the aim of such charges, talking of the ill fated intent of the executive? I hold my peace for now!
exactly
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by KINGinVAHALA: 3:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
babeface3:

http://guardian.ng/news/resign-or-face-your-trial-govt-tells-saraki-ike-ekweremadu/

And I still wonder what both Saraki and Ekweremadu are still doing as Senate president and deputy.

They said they were going to sink with saraki if the need be, so why are they lamenting when the ship is sinking?

Someone with a good heart should please remind dino that he is the next in line to board a sinking ship with saraki.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Timmi: 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
It seems a lot of people either cannot read or there is a lack of comprehension of what was written. The two were not asked to resign but..... Read the last statement again as quoted here - "Citing the case of former Speaker Salisu Buhari, who forged a certificate showing that he graduated from a Toronto University, Lawal said: “What he did was to resign, honourably. The matter did not even go to court. In that particular case, it was never orchestrated as a matter for the National Assembly. The individual involved did not drag the entire legislature into the matter.”
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by bigtt76(f): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
By the time APC finish cleansing the party of all these corruption and in-fighting, 4 years would have lapsed. I hope they're not going to be using their fights against corruption as a basis for us to retain them in power come 2019 ....#JustSaying tongue
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by tomakint: 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
dekaz:
I think we now get the message .... their removal is not for the betterment of this country it is for their self interest...... SGF ( DAVID BABACHIR LAWAL) deal with it , SARAKI will be the SENATE PRESIDENT for 4yrs...... in dino voice 4 years too sure
You are still lost....the credible reason for their resignation is premised on the undisputable fact that the duo have brought the Senate Leadership to disrepute and global shame especially the Senate President so the only honourable thing to do now is that the duo should jejely resign. Are you there now?
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by tomakint: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:

And I still wonder what both Saraki and Ekweremadu are still doing as Senate president and deputy.

They said they were going to sink with saraki if the need be, so why are they lamenting when the ship is sinking?

Someone with a good heart should please remind dino that he is the next in line to board a sinking ship with saraki.
Leave that Dino clown alone they will soon teach him the Chess rule tactics.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Amustical(m): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
The executive arms of the present day government is fake.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by wiloy2k8(m): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
shldnt the president resign too , thought he forged his certificate ... just saying
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Jacko01: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
Buhari and tinubu want their stooge as no.3 and 5 citizen by all means

You bring up case of embezzlement

Now legislative standing blah blah

Tomorrow you fish out another one

Thèse men are dogged

Best you leave them be and let bills be passed

Cos wen saraki is not in session alongsode ekweremadu

The whole legislative is ehnnnnnn on standstill

1 Like

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by dmediator555(m): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2016
Why is FG so much concern about their RESIGNATION? Tell me there is no skeleton in FG's cupboard...
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
The statement from the Federal Government echoes amplitudes of selective justice. When you ask a Senate President and Deputy President to resign or face justice it actually means when they resign they will no longer face justice.

In essence, facing judgment is basically consequence of their positions in the Senate. This, we call, jungle justice in my world, and that is justice not by the constitution but justice on the sentiments of the ruling executive President.

If Saraki and Ekweremadu are guilty, let them face the consitutional justice except Buhari wants to be remembered as that fellow that failed twice in one lifetime. As a military dictator he failed woefully, Col. Tunde Idiagbon was the Liahona of that administration, yet Buhari takes the glory for something he did not do, for efforts of doing nothing.

I am not biased when I say, that there is little an O'level holder can achieve in 21st century, need I say more about someone who did not even write the exams ? Buhari is guilty of the same offense that he is hunting Saraki and Ekweremadu for. Buhari forged his O'level result and we all know it. But we forgave him and gave him the benefits of doubts.

Why cant this old man allow the polity to rest and present a blue of the economy after a year in office ?

My brothers and sisters of nairaland, are we not tired ?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by badesco(m): 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2016
Most nigerians knew that the duo plight was masterminded by FG. A danger to our democracy.

1 Like

Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by KINGinVAHALA: 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2016
tomakint:

Leave that Dino clown alone they will soon teach him the Chess rule tactics.

But my only worry is that its taking time.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by bejeria101(m): 3:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
Is this impunity soaked govt ok? Do they regard the constitution of this country? Wonder why they cant impeach dis....... whatever he is called.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by caracas: 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2016
mrkayusfit:
At the End Of This whole brouhaha, Tinubu will win and have the last laugh cool
How? Pls explain.
Re: Resign Or Face Your Trial, FG Tells Ekweremadu And Saraki by bejick(m): 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2016
WATCHOVER:
[b][/b] Citing the case of former Speaker Salisu Buhari, who
forged a certificate showing that he graduated from a
Toronto University

so why is Buhari not resigning base his wasc certificate. I have stop believing what this scam government is offering.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Deactivates Her Twitter Account / The Nigerians Who Want Israel To Accept Them As Jews - BBC / Remi Sonaiya Apologizes For Sharing Fake News About Tinubu-CSU Discourse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.