Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians (19406 Views)

Bring Seized Substandard Tyres To Aba Instead Of Burning Them - Dr Ikpeazu To FG / Ikpeazu Distributes Aisha Buhari's Food Items To Abians(pics) / Ikpeazu To Appeal High Court Judgement: Tells Abians Not To Panic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Reportmusic(f): 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2016
I have received with concern, report of the purported issuance of Certificate of Return to Mr. Uche Ogah by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), as governor of Abia State, despite dependency of a notice of appeal and motion for stay of the orders made by Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja.

Our laws are clear on this matter. No one may be issued with a certificate of return let alone be sworn in as governor, when there is a subsisting appeal and application for stay.
I want to appeal to Abians to remain calm and law abiding in the face of this provocation, unless and until the appellant courts have conclusively resolve the appeal, the status remains, I am still the Governor of Abia State.

Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
Governor, Abia State

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/06/ignore-ogahs-illegal-certificate-im.html

4 Likes

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by EgusiSoup: 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
The dullard should stop using INEC to cause confusion in our darling PDP. We would go through this phase and come out stronger.

GEJ for 2019!

The miastake will be corrected, Insha Allah undecided

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ok sir

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by fyneguy: 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hmmm The Gov. is better in the good books of...

Otherwise, Ogah may be sworn in anytime soon

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Tolexander: 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
EgusiSoup:
The dullard should stop using INEC to cause confusion in our darling PDP. We would go through this phase and come out stronger.
GEJ for 2019!
what have you just sniffed bro?

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by anwe: 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2016
The law is very clear on this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by kcnwaigbo: 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
fyneguy:
Hmmm The Gov. is better in the good books of...

Otherwise, Ogah may be sworn in anytime soon

The Abia state CJ does not take orders from.....

Besides the law is very clear on the matter.Ikpeazu will remain the Abia state Governor until the supreme court rules.

7 Likes

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Uzor1904(m): 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2016
That's d position of the law...u can't issue a certificate of return while there is an appeal and application for stay before an appeal court...that's unheard of...but I've seen a lot of strange things in this govt(e.g freezing the account of a sitting governor) so nothing surprises me anymore

10 Likes

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by truthspeaks: 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2016
Dis is wat buhari has caused. No1 wants to obey court orders anymore

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by dunkem21(m): 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Philinho(m): 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
APC INEC and confusion are thesame
Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by dridowu: 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
Tolexander:
what have you just sniffed bro?
i guess he smokes some weeds [img]http://gif.co/vG6v.gif[/img]

11 Likes

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by qualityovenbake(m): 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
The law is crystal clear, he still remains the governor until proven otherwise by the court of appeal.
Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by claire675(f): 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
tell them o

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by DONSMITH123(m): 3:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
EgusiSoup:

GEJ for 2019!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by lonelydora: 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
I'm just wondering how 'Government and History' subject teachers manage to teach in this current world?

Who is the Governor of Abia state, Akpos? Akpo will say Ikpeazu, No.... Alex Oti......No, Ikpeazu... No, Ogah..... What a confused world.

3 Likes

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by izzou(m): 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ghen Ghen

Where are our Nollywood producers?

Food don done

Who will laugh last?

When nobody , except Mr Common Sense obeys the law these days, what do you expect

Ikpeazu will goven Abia, and Ogah will govern Umuahia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by bittertruthz: 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
Reportmusic:
I have received with concern, report of the purported issuance of Certificate of Return to Mr. Uche Ogah by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), as governor of Abia State, despite dependency of a notice of appeal and motion for stay of the orders made by Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, Abuja.

Our laws are clear on this matter. No one may be issued with a certificate of return let alone be sworn in as governor, when there is a subsisting appeal and application for stay.
I want to appeal to Abians to remain calm and law abiding in the face of this provocation, unless and until the appellant courts have conclusively resolve the appeal, the status remains, I am still the Governor of Abia State.

Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
Governor, Abia State

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2016/06/ignore-ogahs-illegal-certificate-im.html

Na dem dem........... another Uba Vs Ngige.
Okadigbo vs Evan Enwerem.
Jim Nwaobodo vs Ojukwu.

2 Likes

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by ournaijablog(f): 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
ohhhh stop confusing us nah
Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Richie0974: 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2016
EgusiSoup:

GEJ for 2019!

How does Buhari of APC affect ogah of PDP, y'all should stop being blinded by hate.

8 Likes

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by bonianyi: 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
supreme court has the highest jurisdiction in any internal case in Nigeria so Mr Ogah should adhere to the law to make justice take its stead.

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by southpole: 4:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ikpeazu used what PDP is known for to become the Governor while OGAR used what APC is known for to reclaim his mandate even though he is not an APC member

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Mopolchi: 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ikpeazu is a joke. Just comot from the seat.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ogah should go and take seat biko

CJC of of Abia state that was appointed by ikpeazu?
He go wait till christ come

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by raziboi(m): 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
Bunch of criminals

Everyone wants to be in power and make more money!!
Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Pedagogue: 4:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
The governor is right, in part:

Ogah cannot be sworn in when there's a subsisting appeal and application for stay.

INEC is also right in part:

They are bound to issue the certificate of return if Ikpeazu's appeal & application for stay was not served on them. The Court's judgment must be obeyed.

My Verdict:
The ppl that are blaming Buhari are very ignorant. Is Ogah in APC? Was Ikpeazu removed by Buhari? NO! He was removed by the Court: a Southerner Judge! So, stop hating Buhari unnecessarily.

After all, a certificate of return is not the same as being Sworn in as Governor.

Until Ikpeazu loses his appeal(s), Ogah cannot be sworn in as Governor. He's still the Governor.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
APC and okorocha want to get into southeast by every means
But that aren't gona happen
Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by UEK33(m): 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
OGA IS A DESPERATE MAD MAN

3 Likes

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Taeewo(m): 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
But peppersoup,its PDP VS PDP...What Baba Yusuf own?
EgusiSoup:

GEJ for 2019!

2 Likes

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by dmediator555(m): 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
Leme first book space . I will read and comment later. I have been exhausted.
Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by Akiika: 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
EgusiSoup:

GEJ for 2019!

Oh, this is Buhari's fault too!

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ogah’s Illegal Certificate, I’m Still Governor – Ikpeazu To Abians by matt245(m): 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

The Abia state CJ does not take orders from.....

Besides the law is very clear on the matter.Ikpeazu will remain the Abia state Governor until the supreme court rules.
hm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha / UK Court Laments Greediness Of Nigerian Officials In P&ID Scandal / APC Has No Power To Decide Who Becomes Next Senate President, Says PDP Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.