Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? (3461 Views)

Kachikwu Replaces Alison-Madueke As OPEC President / OPC Council Disowns Gani Adams, For Betraying Yoruba Nation / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Agbotoba(m): 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2009
Let us think deeply on the good things Gani did while he was on earth.
He was an incurable defender of the masses and the downtrodden. No doubt, he was labelled the Senior Advocate of the Masses (SAM)- the title he valued more than SAN.

He was relentless in fighting for human rights even in the face of intimidation and probably death. He spoke vehemently against tyranny and oppression. He was imprisoned several times and even at 71 was not afraid to go to jail. He did not compromise principles and was very straightforward in behaviour.

He was a lawyer who made sacrificial appearances in courts to prove many cases where people have been cheated or rights trampled upon. Who else can sustain this fight against injustice in Nigeria where corruption has eaten deep into the fabrics of the society?

Can we really get a good replacement for Gani among our crop of present-day human rights activists?
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by MrCrackles(m): 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2009
I am more than happy to take the baton from the legendary Gani Fawehinmi wink cool
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Beaf: 9:59pm On Sep 05, 2009
^Na mouth?

1st, you need to be in 9ja. 2nd you need to have a people first agenda, 3rdly you must be 100% fearless. But most important; like Gani, you need to have an overnight bag containing just your bare neccessities ready at all times, in case you are arrested and sent to Gashua or Ita Oko.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Gbawe: 10:05pm On Sep 05, 2009
Gani is simply priceless !!! He can never be replaced. Rather , we must hope that the likes of Femi Falana and co have the endurance of our one-and-only Senior advocate of the masses , his indomitable spirit, bravery and unwavering desire to fight for ordinary Nigerians anytime , anywhere !!!! God bless Gani. Thank you. Your efforts  for us will never be in vain.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Beaf: 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2009
It might have been Ribadu, but he ran away. Gani never ever did a runner.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2009
Festus Keyamo
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by MrCrackles(m): 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2009
Beaf:

^Na mouth?
1st, you need to be in 9ja. 2nd you need to have a people first agenda, 3rdly you must be 100% fearless. But most important; like Gani, you need to have an overnight bag containing just your bare neccessities ready at all times, in case you are arrested and sent to Gashua or Ita Oko.
Where the fuc.k is Gashua or Ita Oke grin cheesy
Anyway relocating is not a problem. . . .
I will get peoples first agenda easily
Crackles is already 200% fearless. . .  wink
I have my overnight bag with moi already tongue
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by MrCrackles(m): 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2009
babaearly:

Festus Keyamo
Kinna agree. . . . undecided
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Sep 05, 2009
MrCrackles:

I am more than happy to take the baton from the legendary Gani Fawehinmi wink cool

Well, get to work!! you happen to live where you have all the necessary tools to reach to heights where Gani himself was never able to, what are you waiting for?
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by MrCrackles(m): 10:45pm On Sep 05, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Well, get to work!! you happen to live where you have all the necessary tools to reach to heights where Gani himself was never able to, what are you waiting for?
Waiting for the masses to give a "yes confirmation"
Can i start with you? wink
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by FGOC: 10:56pm On Sep 05, 2009
Nobody mehn,,,,,,,,, Its goin to take some time
We can wait for ma bro in 10 years time
Trust me , It'll be worth the wait
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by babapupa: 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2009
I'll def' try my best, smiley
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Kobojunkie: 12:51am On Sep 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

What masses? The drones who sat on the sidelines commending Gani in secret while praising the same "leaders" in public? You sure say you even get the spine to be a replacement? Gani never really had the yes from the people he represented. And they never really stood with him or by him on any issue.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Beaf: 2:20am On Sep 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

Where the fuc.k is Gashua or Ita Oke grin cheesy
Anyway relocating is not a problem. . . .
I will get peoples first agenda easily
Crackles is already 200% fearless. . . wink
I have my overnight bag with moi already tongue

You really don't need to know where these places are. . . Just that Gashua is a scorpion infested cesspit near the Sahara. Ita Oko is an island latrine swarming with Satans own snakes and crocodiles.

MrCrackles:

Fail! Gani imposed himself on the masses and was accepted.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by thithi(f): 4:08am On Sep 06, 2009
no one person can take over from Gani, but i will be more than willing to be part of those that will take over from him.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by MrCrackles(m): 4:15am On Sep 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What masses? The drones who sat on the sidelines commending Gani in secret while praising the same "leaders" in public? You sure say you even get the spine to be a replacement? Gani never really had the yes from the people he represented. And they never really stood with him or by him on any issue.
Beaf:

Fail! Gani imposed himself on the masses and was accepted.
Can we all calm down grin
Me i nor send Nigeria on the real though. . . . cool
I can agree that Gani was betrayed a lotta teams by his own teeming supporters
As for Crackles,  i aint imposing myself on anyone, they all gonna love me! cheesy
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by showbobo(m): 11:26am On Sep 06, 2009
Me!Me!!Me!!!
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by BlackRevo: 11:38am On Sep 06, 2009
Keyamo and Ribadu are the likely candidate
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by kshow1(m): 11:46am On Sep 06, 2009
For now nobody can replace him cos all human right activists are now shouting because of their own pockets.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Jarus(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2009
Gani is irreplaceable. Gani was the only activist in Nigeria that was never involved in any scandal, true or false.

Black_Revo:

Keyamo and Ribadu are the likely candidate
Keyamo? I doubt. Ribadu is not an activist.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by cap28: 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2009
this is a terrible loss - he was a true leader and campaigner for the rights of the common man, i think it will be very difficult to find anyone to fill his shoes, a true man of the people and a fearless and courageous warrior.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2009
The masses should learn to defend themselves instead of pushing someone to the fore alone when he gets burnt they turn around and backbite on how he is a trouble maker. Gani said the worst moment of his life was after the 2003 election when he expected to masses to protest their stolen votes but they just complained and went back to business as usual. Coward masses
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Ezenwenyi(m): 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2009
The death of Gani THE GREAT sent my mindset to exile for some minutes,though i am still speechless about his death i can hear myself talking.Someone just have to take the place of Gani THE GREAT or the rate of in-justice will rapidly increase.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by KnowAll(m): 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2009
I would have love to have taken the baton from Gani, incidentally he happens to be my uncle, my late father's junior brother, but the dust and toxic fumes of the Nigerian prison system is too much a torture and hazard to bear for 5 minutes, to imagine that Gani who was a rich, and comfortable lawyer was always in and out of such a gory, dark, and unpleasant place through out his career is very,  very,  comendable.

I dont think there are too many Nigerians who will leave the comfort of their luxurious life styles and embark on a crusade for the rights of the down and trodden which will probably end with a stint in one of African's re-nown Gulags, a fact that even the British have come to acknowledge hence her decision to build a new incarceration centre for deported Nigerians.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by akinade4m: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2009
Dont ever say someone is irreplaceable.Saying do might contote that he was the first person that had ever operated at their level.No,if u had much about COLONISATION PERIOD IN NIGERIA,u would have come accross so many people lIke HIM during that period.What is most likely is that it might take time to produce one with same level of brevity,doggedness and candour.I just pray to God to forgive the man of his shortcomings and grant him Aljannah.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Ballinger1: 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2009
babaearly:

Festus Keyamo
I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Gbawe: 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2009
aisha2:

The masses should learn to defend themselves instead of pushing someone to the fore alone when he gets burnt they turn around and backbite on how he is a trouble maker.

Wise words. The replacement for Gani is not one man or woman. In this day and age , and given our better personal development as men and women, It should be all of us . Yes , all of us !!! Gani started fighting for the common man at a time when the establishment was vastly ahead of those it led. Today , because we are all better educated and more exposed , we should all be aware of the powers vested in us to challenge our misrule and oppression .

We must understand that Gani , his greatness taken into account , was simply utilising his[b] basic rights[/b] as a Nigeria citizens to protest against tyrannical leadership. His agitation stood out heroically because most of us prefer for others , like Gani , to fight for us. The best tribute we can pay Gani is for all of us to become mini Gani Fawehinmi's . We will then defeat tyrannical and oppressive leadership and replace it with progressive and benevolent Governance. If that happens Gani will smile in his grave knowing that his work is done and the 'good fight' has been won. Gani can then forgive and forget how Nigerians let him down many time by leaving him alone on the battlefield to face our common enemies .
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by ikeyman00(m): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@

becomeidot

lets save 15,000,000
yea kpa!!
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by MeGaStReEt: 2:51pm On Sep 06, 2009
Festus Keyamo
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Afam4eva(m): 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

there's nothing one won't hear. you want all nigerians to start smoking weed abi.
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Agbotoba(m): 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2009
Festus Keyamo is trying but can he be the best replacement?
Re: Who Replaces Gani As Masses Defender? by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

Can we all calm down grin
Me i nor send Nigeria on the real though. . . . cool
I can agree that Gani was betrayed a lotta teams by his own teeming supporters
As for Crackles,  i aint imposing myself on anyone, they all gonna love me! cheesy

Lol !!!

I don't think you ought to worry about IMPOSING yourself on the masses. All one needs to do is the right thing, no matter what. I believe the future of that country lies in ordinary Nigerians taking on the baton rather than continuing the age idea that it takes a messiah, an idea that has reduced us to waiting generations for the supposed messianic character to save africa from her own self.

If more and more Nigerians were to start, right where they were, to work towards cleaning up that country, we would definitely see change in no time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Njc Probe: How Salami, Acn Chieftains Exchanged Calls / The Achebe I Knew- Mabel Segun (ex-classmate) / UNBELIEVABLE! President Goodluck Jonathan Finally Breaks Under Pressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.