Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence (9783 Views)

APC Governors' Forum To Sack Okorocha For Incompetence / Ex-nwc Chiefs Dump Sheriff For Makarfi / Convention: Court Bars PDP From Conducting Election For 18 Offices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by sharpden: 5:29am On Jul 01, 2016
FCT High Court in Maitama on Thursday struck out the case of Senator Ali Modu Sheriff and 17 other members of the Peoples Democratic Party over the Port Harcourt, Rivers State convention of the party for incompetence.

Sherrif and 17 others had challenged the PDP and seven others over the May 21 National Convention of the party in Port Harcourt.

The convention had dissolved the National Executive Council, National Working Committee and set up a seven-man caretaker committee.

The judge, Justice Husseini Baba-Yusuf held that since some of the plaintiffs’ consent were not sought by Sheriff before joining them in the suit, the suit was incompetent.

Baba-Yusuf said the submission before the court showed that some of the plaintiffs had no interest in the matter and never gave their consent.

“Therefore the suit is liable to be strike out,” he held.

Baba-Yusuf had at the last sitting struck out Olisa Metuh’’s name following the application of his counsel, Henry Leonard.
Alex Izinyon (SAN), Counsel to Sherrif, had urged the court to strike out the names of the plaintiffs since they claimed they had been improperly included in the suit.

Also, Emmanuel Ukala (SAN), Counsel to the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th plaintiffs, and Yunus Usman (SAN), Counsel to the 2nd, 7th and 8th applicants, asked the court to strike out the suit.

http://.com/pdp-convention-court-throws-out-suit-instituted-by-sheriff-for-incompetence/

Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by MidasTouche01(m): 5:40am On Jul 01, 2016
PDP never learnt from their mistakes, this was how it all started in 2015....

I doubt if they can ever make it to power again (I don't even pray they do) but the current incumbent party is also bad news lipsrsealed

Which way Nigeria

Modified****

FTC!!!! I'm trying not to freak out...
Sign of good tidings....

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by TippyTop(m): 5:40am On Jul 01, 2016
Sheriff should return to where he came from, no longer welcomed in PDP. Let him go back to APC where he is a founding member.

Meanwhile Justice Okon Abang (aka APC Judge) is speaking through his anus in another court.

11 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by Flexherbal(m): 5:46am On Jul 01, 2016
Politicians and their snake like life.

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 01, 2016
What has this country turned to?
This is very bad for our democracy,sherif should just give up.
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by ibibiofirstlady(f): 7:18am On Jul 01, 2016
Who give a damn
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by teemanbastos(m): 7:33am On Jul 01, 2016
Honestly, I don't understand the Judiciary again.
They give a verdict yet it looks powerless.
They seem to breed confusion with their snakey judgments,needless adjournments.
See Abia state.. 2 governors?
Court declared Ogah winner? Court again suspended swearing in?

This country ehn?

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by Project400: 7:34am On Jul 01, 2016
Interesting

Meanwhile, research (project) students and individuals should check signature
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by brunofarad(m): 7:34am On Jul 01, 2016
Can these MEN just

Spare me all these their DRAMA this early morning

Off to work
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by slap1(m): 7:34am On Jul 01, 2016
Lawless, shameless country.
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2016
SAS must go

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by fulanimafia: 7:36am On Jul 01, 2016
^^ Wake up Tonye....SAS ain't going nowhere.

Sherriff is the man to raise the bones of the PDP.

Sherriff and Fayose are the saviors and navigators that the party has been waiting for.

Buhari's days as President are numbered with this winning combo. 2nd term dead on arrival.

Sai #Sherriff/Fayose2019 #IStandWithSherriff
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by kenbee(f): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2016
The Chicken is finally coming to roast
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by lonelyhrt(f): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2016
y
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by claire675(f): 7:38am On Jul 01, 2016
Sheriff means trouble

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by love5599(f): 7:38am On Jul 01, 2016
haha...sm1 just said sherrif means trouble
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by adioolayi(m): 7:39am On Jul 01, 2016
Sheriff is gradually being abandoned.... the guy should just give-in....Power isn't a must, especially where everyone seems to be against you....Have some respect man...atleast little..no lose all

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by Danny287(m): 7:39am On Jul 01, 2016
I dont know why this man is bent on cripling the PDP with his selfish interest why cant he give up? na wa o

2 Likes

Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by matt245(m): 7:41am On Jul 01, 2016
frankline5:
What has this country turned to?

This is very bad for our democracy,sherif should just give up.
Sherriff is an agent of change
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by bonechamberlain(m): 7:44am On Jul 01, 2016
Sheriff again, u are not wanted simple, go nah

1 Like

Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by MrMcJay(m): 7:44am On Jul 01, 2016
Sheriff, Oya, identify the proper parties and re-institute the suit. In the alternative, you can appeal. Either way, lawyer must chop.

The task of destroying the PDP is a task that must be done.
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by MrMcJay(m): 7:49am On Jul 01, 2016
TippyTop:
Sheriff should return to where he came from, no longer welcomed in PDP. Let him go back to APC where he is a founding member.

Meanwhile Justice Okon Abang (aka APC Judge) is speaking through his anus in another court.

Please, before I reply your post, what school do u belong to in the PDP? Makarfi's school of herdsmen or Ali Modu's school of terrorists?
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by TippyTop(m): 7:54am On Jul 01, 2016
MrMcJay:

Please, before I reply your post, what school do u belong to in the PDP? Makarfi's school of herdsmen or Ali Modu's school of terrorists?

Don't bother replying my post, I don't debate with in... on Fridays, try Monday afternoon.

Se gobe
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by MrMcJay(m): 7:59am On Jul 01, 2016
TippyTop:

Don't bother replying my post, I don't debate with in... on Fridays, try Monday afternoon.

Se gobe

Lol. Na Monday afternoon you wan debate. This one carry Sheriff matter for head like lice. You no kuku get work. You better go and apply for Police job.
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by FagsamPHP(m): 7:59am On Jul 01, 2016
k
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by TippyTop(m): 8:01am On Jul 01, 2016
MrMcJay:

Lol. Na Monday afternoon you wan debate. This one carry Sheriff matter for head like lice. You no kuku get work. You better go and apply for Police job.

You no know your mates, I have better things to do on a Friday than debate with nonentities.
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by MrMcJay(m): 8:03am On Jul 01, 2016
TippyTop:

You no know your mates, I have better things to do on a Friday than debate with nonentities.

E don pain am.

Hawking handkerchief in traffic no be work o. Sha be careful make motor no go give u free kick.

Sayonara!
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by Flyingngel(m): 8:04am On Jul 01, 2016
Hmm
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by zeusdgrt(m): 8:07am On Jul 01, 2016
lonelyhrt:
y

Nice pic and a great message on your profile,u got me smiling this morning cutie
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by Ogurube: 8:14am On Jul 01, 2016
We have a constitution, many erudite judges and still the Judiciary takes forever in upholding or enforcing judgments. It's becoming disgraceful. The Chief Judge needs to rein in his people.
Re: PDP Convention: Court Throws Out Suit Instituted By Sheriff For Incompetence by kushma(m): 8:16am On Jul 01, 2016
PDP in crisis

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm In Love With This Professor Soludo's Daughter - Photo / INEC Extends PVC Collection To March 8 / 2023 General Elections: Use Of Dogs, Other Pets At Polling Units Criminal - NPF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.