Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:44 AM

Is Buhari Really For Everybody And Nobody? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari Really For Everybody And Nobody? (596 Views)

Justice Binta Nyako Is Buhari’s Sister – IPOB Cries Out / Did Zara Buhari Really Go To School? / Did Aisha Buhari Really Visit the USA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buhari Really For Everybody And Nobody? by Pheeknow: 10:08am On Jul 01, 2016
When this present administration was sworn in in May last year, many pundits and cynics were reluctant to stomach the pill being sold by the APC that president Buhari is now a change man. Sceptics went down to the annals of history to dish out instances where Buhari have acted with ethnic sentiments, religious bigotry and nepotism. However we were told that he (Buhari) is now a democrat. So I decided to give him a chance and not throw away the baby with the bath water. This article is a result of chats i had with some young people on Palmchat recently.
Surprisingly, barely two weeks after he was sworn in president Buhari went to the United States of America and declared in front of world media that he cannot treat those who did not vote for him the same way as he would those who voted for him!! This is what I term the 97% 5% theory. I was shaken, disenchanted and totally distressed by Buhari’s statement, had I not seen the video I wouldn’t have believed that. The APC was quick to interject that the president was quoted out of context, some went to social media to defend the divisive statement saying he meant no harm. As a well-meaning Nigerian, I decided to give him a chance to prove his critics wrong.
When the president released the list of several appointments, it became clear that he was head bent on implementing his 97% 5% theory. Out of the initial 32 appointments he made 23 were from the North while the South East had none. When Nigerians cried foul they were termed *Wailers* by the presidential spokesman. The president himself also came out to say he choose mostly Northerners because those are the people he can trust. When some sections of the country started screaming marginalization, Islamization and ‘Northernization’, I refused to agree with them. Moreover, the APC asked Nigerians to give the president some time, and time I gave him.
Conversely, when Fulani herdsmen killed scores of people in Agatu, Benue State, and the whole nation was troubled, the nation waited to hear from their president but President Buhari said nothing. When he finally spoke, he did not speak about preventing further attacks neither did he condemn the killings but he informed us that those herdsmen were not Nigerians but are from Libya!! If I were watching a Nollywood movie at this point I would have changed the channel. The insensitivity displayed by the president during the Agatu massacre reaffirmed my suspicion that maybe critics were right, his chauvinistic ideology and body language was just too uncomfortable for me as a Nigerian. When these same herdsmen went about different southern states, from Oyo to Ogun to Enugu wreaking havoc no single herdsman has been charged or convicted of these killings. But when harmless protesters went about celebrating their culture and pride the president was quick to deploy armed securities to kill them. I wanted to complain but I realized that maybe it is a mere coincident that all the states attacked by the herdsmen are the 5% voters while there has been no record of attack on the 97% states. But still I gave Buhari another chance to prove critics wrong.
It is also worthy of note that for the first time in the history of Nigeria all the three arms of government are headed by Northerners: Executive, President Muhammadu Buhari; Legisture, Dr Bukola Saraki; and Judiciary, Justice Mahmud Mohammed. It is also worthy of note that for the first time in the history of Nigeria all the three arms of government are headed by Northerners: Executive, President Muhammadu Buhari; Legisture, Dr Bukola Saraki; and Judiciary, Justice Mahmud Mohammed.
The legislature is not left out of the Northern affair, the two arms of the legislature are headed by Northerners: Dr Bukola Saraki, Senate President, and Mr Yakubu Dogara, Speaker, House of Representatives.
Currently, the three levels of the law courts are headed by Northerners: The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is Justice Mahmud Mohammed (North); the President of the Court of Appeal is Justice Zainab Adamu Bulkachuwa (North); while the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court is Justice Ibrahim Auta (North).
The straw that broke the camel’s back was the latest ambassadorial nominations. The four states (Bayelsa,Ondo,Plateau and Ebonyi) that the Secretary to the government of the Federation (SGF) said does not have any reputable person to be ambassadors 3 out of the 4 are Southern states. To put it in perspective, Kano and Adamawa states both have 2 nominees each, while a state like Ondo with well-educated people have none!
In conclusion, I don’t intend to stir up a riot but I intend to stir up a conversation, I want the best for Nigeria but it is becoming difficult to believe that the president understands what Federal character means. Buhari has succeeded in sacrificing federal character on the altar of nepotism and chauvinism, only time will tell if he will be remembered as a president who united Nigeria more or one who put a wedge in the crack.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Really For Everybody And Nobody? by youngest85(m): 10:23am On Jul 01, 2016
Actually.....

He's for nobody!

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Really For Everybody And Nobody? by Pheeknow: 11:04am On Jul 01, 2016
LOL, that is bad oo
youngest85:
Actually.....

He's for nobody!
Re: Is Buhari Really For Everybody And Nobody? by TheDevilIsALai: 11:07am On Jul 01, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

[size=18pt]Buhari: The Perfect Manchurian Kandidate (MK-Ultra)[/size]

If you let a bull into a china shop you are expecting the bull to wreck all the china.

This is why the West chose Buhari as their anointed candidate not to rule Nigeria but to oversee Nigeria's dissolution.

The perfect Manchurian Kandidate is one who you know will do what you expect from him not because of the brainwashing but the fact that you understand his personae and character enough to ensure that he will do what you expect of him. This is the simple summary of the character and divisive nature of Muhammadu Buhari. The West are no strangers to Buhari's sectionalism and bigotry and over the years since Buhari was kicked out of Dodan Barracks, Buhari has had time to become more radicalized in both his parochial sectionalism and bigotry to the point that he floated a regional northern party on his own - Congress for Progressive Change. So the excuse that the west may have made a mistake in supporting Buhari is totally out of the question as they knew very well before hand what a candidate like Muhamdu Buhari represented before throwing their weight behind him.

When Buhari made the quote; "I belong to nobody but belong to everybody" he was in effect telling us that he is nothing but a puppet at the hands of many a puppeteers.

Buhari's many puppeteers are;

1. Hardline Northern supremacists
usually sharia advocates. These set of scammers are working in tandem with the Saudi Wahabbi group are just out to make a buck both from Saudi Arabia and to garner influence from within the Nigerian govt. This set of religious bigots where highly influential in redirecting Nigeria's foreign policy towards Saudi Arabia and pitching us against Israel and Iran. They also played a major role in the Zaria massacre of shiites and are the hawks advocating and pushing for war in the Niger Delta (in the guise of fighting Militants) and SE (in the guise of curbing Biafran secessionists).

2. Hardline Northern Military officers from the Abacha era. These set of retired and serving Military officers are using Military comradeship in swaying Buhari. They are out to make a buck like the sharia advocates above. They have no ideological input into Buhari's administration but are using their army links to back Buhari in whatever foolish decision he makes all because they want him to award juicy contracts and oil lifting rights to them. They are the force behind the NDA.

3. Northern Sycophants . These set of political jobbers have been with Buhari since he decided back in 2003 to contest for the highest office. They are drawn mainly from the Abacha era and have been in the cold dark corridors of political limbo since Abacha's demise. These set of political jobbers dominate Buhari's inner cabinet and are by far the greatest puppeteers of the Buhari puppet as they have 24/7 access to him night and day.

4. Northern Business Oligarchs
. Drawn from the Abacha and Yaradua era these set of northerners are selling the idea that before the north can surpass the south, the south must be slowed down. All Buhari's disastrous policies have been felt first and only in the south. The several companies folding up and mass sacking of staff is occurring mainly in the south, Why? Because there are no tangible private firms located in the north. These set of greedy oligarchs are using Buhari's distorted financial and economic policies to mop up cheapened shares from the stock market. The brain dead forex policy is just an avenue at round-tripping that has made many an ab0ki extremely rich overnight.

Considering the skewed ethnic and regional makeup of Buhari's inner cabinet you will all agree that most of those who surround Buhari are actually northerners pushing a northern agenda and they are achieving their goals because Buhari as president remains a willing tool at their hands because of his highly sectional approach and gross ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Really For Everybody And Nobody? by Pheeknow: 11:21am On Jul 02, 2016
I totally agree with you.
[quote author=TheDevilIsALai post=47097874][/quote]

(1) (Reply)

PDP Vows To Resist Inauguration Of Uche Ogah As PDP Governor / Plot To Remove Me, A Coup D'etat, Says Ikpeazu / Between GEJ And Buhari Who Wore It Better? ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.