Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs (1295 Views)

Buhari Orders Lagos-kano Railway To Pass Through Ekiti / Buhari's Campaign Promise Of Defeating Boko Haram About To Be Delivered / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by sarrki(m): 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
Abuja – The Federal Government and China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the execution of the 11.12 billion-dollar Lagos-Calabar railway project. The Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, signed the agreement on behalf of the government, while the President of CCECC, Cao Baogang, signed for the company in Abuja on Friday. He said that the contract was awarded during President Goodluck Jonathan’s regime in the sum of 11.92 billion dollars but was negotiated downward. Amaechi said, “we were able to save 800 million dollars from the initial sum of the project which will be delivered in the next two years. “This contract was awarded by the President Goodluck Jonathan regime at 11.917 billion dollars and when we took over at Ministry of Transportation we negotiated with CCECC and succeeded in reducing the contract sum from 11.917 billion dollars to 11.117 billion dollars. “We are able to save 800 million dollars after negotiation with CCECC and that has to do with the fact that CCECC said prices of commodities like steel and other things have come down. “So, our gathering is to sign same contract but with different price and to make it legal from the initial price to the negotiated price. “As soon as we conclude discussion with China Exim Bank, they will commence construction of the first segment,’’ he said. He said the first segment would be from Calabar, Uyo, Aba and Port Harcourt and it would include all the seaports on the route. “The entire contract covers Calabar, Uyo, Aba, Port Harcourt, Yenagoa, Otuoke, Ughelli, Warri, Sapele, Benin, Agbor, Asaba, Onitsha, Ore, Ijebu Ode, Sagamu and Lagos. “My expectation is that the project can be completed in two years since funding won’t be a problem,’’ the minister said. Earlier, Baogang, said that the railway would contribute immensely to the economic development of the country and open doors of employment. He said that the company was ready to train Nigerians through building of factories, especially those in the grassroots. “I know that railway contributes immensely to the economic development in Nigeria and it is very important. “Railway will open doors for local people and I am sure that we will create more than 400 jobs with this project. “We will execute this project with quality materials and with high speed and we hope to deliver in two years as expected by the minister,’’ he said.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/fg-ccecc-sign-mou-11-12bn-lagos-calabar-railway-project/

5 Likes

Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by wasco24: 5:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
grin
Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by Mynd44: 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by LaurelP(m): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
Do train still function in this country?
Just asking cos I cant remember when last I saw a train
Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by forgiveness: 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
Chai!
Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by chachanga: 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
Let the Chinks just do the job well abeg.

Have you seen Train accidents? Always aint a pretty sight.

No sense Chinks collecting quality doe and still screwwing us over!
Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by seunmsg(m): 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2016
Great!

1 Like

Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by Businessideas: 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
Every geopolitical zone in the south stands to benefit from the job. Great job.

4 Likes

Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by porka: 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
Railway from Lagos to Calabar to be delivered in two years?

Exactly what does that mean?

Two years (630 days) for a distance of ~574km railroad?

Can they build an approximate 1km/day railroad and it won't be substandard?

What kind of railway is that?

This is how these guys promise heaven on earth and later come to deny it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by SuperS1Panther: 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
I do not see this laudable project being completed in 2 years because some clowns from South South will either kidnap the expatriates or ask for "Deve" Fee before the rail line can pass through their community.

Just wait and see.

3 Likes

Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by pendusky(m): 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
2 years? Nice...

CCECC built Aka Road - Nung Udoe Road and its one of its kind.. I know they will deliver...

1 Like

Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by aresa: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
The Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi who signed on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria, said the contract is an addendum to the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Railway project which was initially awarded by the former President Goodluck Jonathan’s Administration to CCECC at a contract sum of $11.917 billion disclosing that at the inception of President Muhammadu Buhari Administration, the Federal Government renegotiated the contract with the Management of CCECC and agreed at a contract sum of $11.117 billion thereby saving a whooping sum of $800million.

Amaechi reiterated that the Federal Government has completed the signing of the same contract with a different contract sum in order to legalize the new deal. “What we have done today is signing same contract but different contract sum to make it legal”, he said.

The $800 million Jona and his gang won take do awoof .... grin

1 Like

Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by amaechi1: 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
LaurelP:
Do train still function in this country?
Just asking cos I cant remember when last I saw a train

It depends on where you live. The ones operated by NRC are not close to least you find in Europe.
Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by amaechi1: 6:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
porka:

Every project has an expected deadline. It is not compulsory it is completed. Let them start first and get people employed. Another, benefit is the transfer of technology and skills nigerian engineer stand to gain.

2 Likes

Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by dnawah(m): 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
LaurelP:
Do train still function in this country? Just asking cos I cant remember when last I saw a train
yes they do
Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
One of those rare moments you're a little bit proud of being a Nigerian, may God rid this project of any distractions or detractors. This project is really a lifeline to our ailing country.
Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2016
aresa:

The $800 million Jona and his gang won take do awoof .... grin

Price of steel which is the major construction material dropped globally. Read before you comment.
Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
porka:

I don't know if the 2yr period is enough or not for the completion of the project. But I do know these rails are precasted the only work on site is creating and consolidating the path and then the rails are laid down. I think it's realistic if all the parties involved are sincere and committed.
Re: FG & CCECC Signs Mou On Lagos Calabar Railway To Be Delivered In 2yrs by aresa: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
porka:

Common sense should tell you this is a target and construction targets are not set in stones..

Btw, you are not a construction engineer so what's your layman point?

(1) (Reply)

Enugu And Anambra State Governor Should Construct Rail Way From Onitsha To Enugu / Do Igbo Really Hate Themselves As Others Opined ? / Women’s Rights Activist To Melaye: Apologise To Tinubu Within 3 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.