Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy (9182 Views)

Ike Ekweremadu Eats With Widows As His Wife Gives Them Money,Rice & Wrappers / Emeka Offor's Christmas Gifts To 2000 Widows As She Invites Mrs Okorocha (Pics) / Wike Begins Rehabilitation Of Aba Road (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by MisterMetro: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has assured widows in the state that his administration will improve on their standard of living through a new widows economic empowerment scheme.
Also, the wife of the governor, Justice Eberechi Suzzette Nyesom-Wike advised widows to explore the option of litigation to protect their rights .
Speaking at an event to mark the 2016 International Widows Day in Port Harcourt, on Friday, Governor Wike stated his administration will always protect the rights of widows.

Represented by the Secretary to the Rivers State Government, Chief Kenneth Kobani, the governor said that "Government is considering to set up widows economic empowerment scheme, Which essentially would be instituted to alleviate the poverty or dangers of extreme poverty after the demise of their dear husbands’’.

He explained that the new scheme would assist the widows pick up their lives as bread winners of their respective families.
Governor Wike called on widows and concerned Non-Governmental Organizations to join hands with the State Government to work for the complete abolition of dehumanizing widow practices in the State.

He said this will be achieved through through prevention, participation, promotion and protection strategies to end the said barbaric practices.

In her remarks, wife of the Rivers State Governor, Justice Eberechi Suzzette Nyesom-Wike decried the situation where the laws made by the State House of Assembly to check harmful widowhood practices is yet to record successes due to lack of awareness.

She appealed to Religious leaders, Traditional Rulers, NGOs, Companies as well as well-meaning citizens to join hands to advocate for the eradication of obnoxious practices in the State.

Earlier, in her welcome address, the State Commissioner for Women Affairs, Ukiel Oyagiri noted that the 2016 International Widows Day Celebration is a United Nations ratified day of action to address poverty and injustice faced by widows in the world.

The Theme of the 2016 International Widows Day Celebration is ‘’Invisible Women , Invisible Problems’’ .

Simeon Nwakaudu,

Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media.

1st July, 2016.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/photos-gov-wike-begins-widows.html

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by lifezone247(m): 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Space booked, Jst in case.
Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by dumie(f): 8:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
Wike is like a breath of fresh air in this current administration

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by pedro4hope(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2016
nice one

2 Likes

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by Apelex(m): 11:48am On Jul 02, 2016
Wike loves his people.

7 Likes

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by Ddonoflife(m): 11:49am On Jul 02, 2016
wish other Governor Cn Learn Frm This.I Think Im Beginning To Like Him

1 Like

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by CACAWA(m): 11:49am On Jul 02, 2016
We need 360 vibrant a youths who can contest the House of Representative seats in 2027.

You must have proof of being a refined Nigerian youth and be able to showcase that.

Visit my signature....Youth Revolution for a New Nigeria 2027...Loading

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by dunkem21(m): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2016
Any move to alleviate the plight of the masses is welcome..

Well done, Wike.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by wildchild1: 11:52am On Jul 02, 2016
Good move

Check my signature

3 Likes

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 02, 2016
Dats my able darling governor commitment to the Rivers widows. I tell you life has been much much better under wike.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by papinx(m): 11:53am On Jul 02, 2016
Good policy...

2 Likes

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by rman: 11:53am On Jul 02, 2016
What about widowers?

1 Like

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by dunkem21(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2016
rman:
What about widowers?

Hehehe grin
Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by Taryur3(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2016
I never meet this guy once, but I love him darely...Wike my personal person.ride on my guy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by Freshwhyte(m): 11:55am On Jul 02, 2016
The more reason I love him xo much ..keep the good work going my able governor..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by omoijesa(m): 11:57am On Jul 02, 2016
Good step in right diection..may God in his infinite mercy blesss u abundantly

3 Likes

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by drshrewd: 11:57am On Jul 02, 2016
grin lol, pet project exclusive for Ist ladies and people rejoicing over it grin

2 Likes

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by famo19: 11:58am On Jul 02, 2016
bad sharp guy
Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by Tapout(m): 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
interesting.... let's sit back and watch the population of men in Rivers state take a drastic plunge grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3916448_aviaryimage1467458073120_jpeg_jpegdc6475d978426990d44fdcc1b58ced22

1 Like

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by drshrewd: 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
this clown Wike has finished Rivers state borrowed over N90b yet owing civil servant over 4 months salary
Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by kebesobase(m): 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
When life is uneasy, it is the duty of the government to make things easy for the citizenry. Anyone who thinketh in his heart to bless the poor, has a golden heart. God bless you my Govo
Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by Adminisher: 12:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
dumie:
Wike is like a breath of fresh air in this current administration

Wow. Nigeria is finished.
This is an extremely idiotic comment. Please educate me, what is "widows empowerment "?. How can a governor with vision in an important state under this current condition call this a program?. The Governor is a very big fool, his supporters are even bigger fools. This stupid " local" program is coming from the bedroom of the half educated Mama Piss
They are going to finish Rivers State money and I suspect this is because EFCC is shining a light on the finances of the state. " Widows empowerment". Are they even a viable economic unit? Who even has the record of widows?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by chi4ik4(m): 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
wike is working while witches and wizards wired wicked APC is giving us wicked change!! ( wike wise mab)
Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by chi4ik4(m): 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
wike is working while witches and wizards wired wicked APC is giving us wicked change!! ( wike wise man)

1 Like

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by puntmaniac: 2:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
Wike the wicked Gov. imagine he hasn't payed corpers since he was sworn in,starting from batch 14b till the 15a nothing so far... even the the promises he made after the death of the corper during the last election period is yet to be fulfilled.
Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
All this na because of this month's reruns
Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by Nosaghae(m): 3:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
Adminisher:

Wow. Nigeria is finished.
This is an extremely idiotic comment. Please educate me, what is "widows empowerment "?. How can a governor with vision in an important state under this current condition call this a program?. The Governor is a very big fool, his supporters are even bigger fools. This stupid " local" program is coming from the bedroom of the half educated Mama Piss
They are going to finish Rivers State money and I suspect this is because EFCC is shining a light on the finances of the state. " Widows empowerment". Are they even a viable economic unit? Who even has the record of widows?
if u continue like this u might die of WIKETENSION oh!

1 Like

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by aresa: 3:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
drshrewd:
grin lol, pet project exclusive for Ist ladies and people rejoicing over it grin

This was a talk talk congregation with no meaning. Begins what exactly? What was given or done to empower the women? Just talk and a deceptive thread title.
Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by Sharplogger(m): 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
Wike seems to be working and I am beginning to like this fellow...@ least he is not as clueless like d man @ d centre.

1 Like

Re: Wike Begins Widows Empowerment Policy by sweatlana: 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
Some zombies will lose sleep over this

(1) (2) (Reply)

Armsgate: Court Threatens To Issue Bench Warrant For Ex-pdp Boss / 2023: Falz Says He Does Not Intend To Join Presidential Race / I Will Stop Subsidy Payment On Petrol – PRP Presidential Candidate, Kola Abiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.