Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu (22895 Views)

The Only Senator That Did'nt Vote Vote For Immunity For Nass Members / Senators Vote YES for Immunity for NASS members / Check Out The Man Who Has Acquired Immunity Against Kidnapping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by ponpon(m): 11:05am On Jul 02, 2016
If I say there should be brain check for leaders in this country, they would say it's a lie!.

*Spits olori bitters on ikpeazu head *
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by TheFreeOne: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Otapipia:

Are you a lawyer for real? How can you query the urgency with which INEC issued the certificate of return having regard to the clear and unambiguous language the court order was couched. The court used the word "forthwith" which means immediate effect. An appeal without more cannot operate as a stay, that is an elementary principle of law, just don't allow sentiments to becloud your alleged legal sense of reasoning.

Does using the word 'client' automatically makes one a lawyer

Let's not get into my person here. I only shared that info to let people know Ikpeazu may be right regarding his claims.

I have no personal interest in Abia guber crisis. I just want justice for all concerned.
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by smartn09(m): 11:07am On Jul 02, 2016
TheFreeOne:

This is not about bringing ogah down.

My point is Ikpeazu maybe right in his assertion and all legal routes should be exploited to avoid having another legal imbroglio few months/years down the line.

If ogah eventually wins his court cases as mentioned by ikpeazu and the present governorship debacle then good for him.
But don't be surprised if a new twist brings in APCs Otti as the new governor cos in our present political atmosphere anything can happen.

Abians shouldn't be taken for fools by politicians.
This is nice, you sound like a very intelligent person in reaction to Mr Black who speaks as if he want fight.

1 Like

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by Otapipia: 11:10am On Jul 02, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Does using the word 'client' automatically makes one a lawyer

Let's not get into my person here. I only shared that info to let people know Ikpeazu may be right regarding his claims.

I have no personal interest in Abia guber crisis. I just want justice for all concerned.
Anyway, from an informed position, I am telling you that INEC did nothing wrong. Peace.
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by DaniDani(m): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Lies from the pit of hell. You can't bring Uche ogah down

U are just a small fly with a big lie

Subsidy ko Rubsidy ni
Uche Ogah too cannot bring OKEZIE VICTOR IPKEAZU down. NEVER, MARK MY WORD

1 Like

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by ndudichukwumah(m): 11:12am On Jul 02, 2016
safarigirl:
Ikpeazu should stop embarrassing himself. Was the judgment by Okon-Qbang not because he also has a criminal charge he was even found guilty of? Does he think he's better than Ogah simply because he stole his way to power?

I cannot believe someone who jointly disenfranchised the people with kangaroo polling numbers has the effrontery to accuse others of having criminal charges simply because those who we entrusted to protect our votes failed.

In a sane country such a person ought to have resigned and handed himself over to the authorities instead of granting silly interviews so that a bunch of visionless youths can mindlessly support him and the other criminal.

Criminals should stop pointing fingers at each other

Great point
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by cktheluckyman: 11:13am On Jul 02, 2016
Otapipia:

Anyway, from an informed position, I am telling you that INEC did nothing wrong. Peace.

INEC was wrong to have issued Ogah a certificate of return when Ikpeazu has presented to them a notice of appeal. The way it is, Ogah would only be carrying around a worthless piece of paper until the appeal court rules.

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by Duru009(m): 11:15am On Jul 02, 2016
Ikpeazu ur time is totally up.....

Evenif u take ur case to the supreme court OGAH will beat u....
U better do the needful NOW...
Cos EFCC are waitin for you.
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by Banter1(m): 11:16am On Jul 02, 2016
The will of the people? Which people? Funny polithiefcians. [quote author=TheFreeOne post=47124320] “What is on trial is our democracy; it is not about me as a person, but it is about the will of the people of Abia State.
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by WUMIFAN(m): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2016
Politicians with their falsehood life.na wa o
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by eleko1: 11:18am On Jul 02, 2016
Who ask U undecided ? He shud face front nd let the Court do the needful undecided
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by lagosrd: 11:19am On Jul 02, 2016
frankline5:
come and swear in ogah na.

Ogah's case is that of a man blessed by the devil and yet he cannot use the blessing. How can you have certificate of return and still sit down at home and not be able to function. Yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by TheFreeOne: 11:20am On Jul 02, 2016
Otapipia:

Ok. Let's all make efforts to deepen this democracy cos recent events in the country points to a fact that politicians do not care what happens as long as they achieve their aims at the detriment of the populace.

May the will of Abians be done at the end of this debacle.

Peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by nwadiuko1(m): 11:22am On Jul 02, 2016
the elections were contested and won.......unfortunately some people are still living in yesterday. for some people asking who gave ikpeazu the mandate, I wonder if you guys think that the world starts and ends in your family, or that you are the only one in Abia state.......no be by shouting shaa....que sera sera

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by Thobiy(m): 11:28am On Jul 02, 2016
TheFreeOne:
The woman whose signature was forged by ogah & co. is my 'client'. She personally told me about it and the case is in court.

Ikpeazu may not be far from the truth cos like I opined on another thread there seems to be a 'deal' behind the scene hence the rush by INECs almost immediate presentation of certificate of return to Ogah.
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by Otapipia: 11:34am On Jul 02, 2016
cktheluckyman:

INEC was wrong to have issued Ogah a certificate of return when Ikpeazu has presented to them a notice of appeal. The way it is, Ogah would only be carrying around a worthless piece of paper until the appeal court rules.

A notice of appeal without a stay of execution cannot stop a court's order from being carried out. Maybe I should be more explicit so you understand the point. A notice of appeal is a document filed by an adverse party to a suit indicating his intention to appeal a judgement not favourable to him. The law is that that document alone cannot stop a judgment from being executed, unless a stay of execution which an entirely different process is filed and served along side. Ikpeazu filed and served a notice of appeal on INEC without serving his motion for stay of execution. INEC just complied with the court order which states that certificate be issued to ogah "forthwith". An order of a court remains potent until set aside either by the same court that issued it or on appeal. In this case, Justice Abang's order is subsisting.
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by fujirice: 11:46am On Jul 02, 2016
Ikpeazu don dey misyarn of late
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by lordkhalifa(m): 11:46am On Jul 02, 2016
Thief which people give the mandate 80% of Abians are against you, u barely manage to scale through after ur LGA Obingwa gave you 80,000 votes, out of 17 LGA in abia state u manage to win 2LGA and lose the remaining 15 to Alex Otti....

Abeg go, its high time we end godfatherism and orji's dynasty
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by kebesobase(m): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
The peoples' Gov. Though am not 4rm Abia but I like ur leadership abilities. You're very correct, Ogah wants to get there so that he'll be shielded by immunity. Keep calm my Gov. It's just a temporal setback. I kno you'll certainly remain, Cuz the voice of the people is the voice of God

1 Like

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by seguno2: 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
lagosrd:
Ogah's case is that of a man blessed by the devil and yet he cannot use the blessing. How can you have certificate of return and still sit down at home and not be able to function. Yeye dey smell

Na since when did the devil start blessing people?
I thought that the devil can only curse someone.

2 Likes

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by chimax81(f): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
Nawa oo,now there's no hope of paying salaries until the litigation is over.God help us all...Amen
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by kahal29: 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
cktheluckyman:

“A Notice of Appeal is clearly not a Stay and INEC has broken no Law in issuing Certificate of Return to Ogah. But they should have relied on the prudential principle by cautioning themselves, giving the fact that they have received a Notice of Appeal, which in itself, does not constitute a stay of execution of the order of the court. However INEC has broken no law by issuing the certificate of return to Ogah,”Agbakoba said.
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by nwadiuko1(m): 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2016
lordkhalifa:
Thief which people give the mandate 80% of Abians are against you, u barely manage to scale through after ur LGA Obingwa gave you 80,000 votes, out of 17 LGA in abia state u manage to win 2LGA and lose the remaining 15 to Alex Otti....

Abeg go, its high time we end godfatherism and orji's dynasty
na ohanku road weed you dey smoke?
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by ihec(m): 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
Abians has suffered enuff nd now God. Has decided 2 vidicate us. The troubles ikpeazu has encountered z enuf prove dat dat seat z nt meant 4 him we all kwn de otti vs ikpeazu. Saga. Now. Its uche ogah. Una. Don do enuf. If u kum 2 abia nd see hw T.A nd his son haz acquired everytin u will begin 2 wonder if they ever had a room in their life b/4. I believe dis z de hand of God working. I don't belong 2 ogah bt ikpeazu(T.A orji) z. Definately nt wot abia needs if u see him, help me tell him dat he came late
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by ensunny: 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
hmmmmm!
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by Ikology(m): 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
TheFreeOne:
The woman whose signature was forged by ogah & co. is my 'client'. She personally told me about it and the case is in court.

Ikpeazu may not be far from the truth cos like I opined on another thread there seems to be a 'deal' behind the scene hence the rush by INECs almost immediate presentation of certificate of return to Ogah.

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by Chiboboski: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
kahal29:

“A Notice of Appeal is clearly not a Stay and INEC has broken no Law in issuing Certificate of Return to Ogah. But they should have relied on the prudential principle by cautioning themselves, giving the fact that they have received a Notice of Appeal, which in itself, does not constitute a stay of execution of the order of the court. However INEC has broken no law by issuing the certificate of return to Ogah,”Agbakoba said.
You have to break his head to put the fact in there or you save your explanation for another person.
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by Ikology(m): 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
[quote author=Ikology post=47132656][/quote]

Let's be guided

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by nnanna11: 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Olusola Fabiyi and Ogbonnaya Ikokwu

Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu, has alleged that Mr. Uche Ogah is desperate to become the governor to get immunity against twelve impending criminal charges against him in some courts in Lagos State.

Ikpeazu said this while reacting to the issuance of Certificate of Return by the Independent National Electoral Commission to Ogah.

He said, “We are baffled by the urgency and the desperation to bounce into the government and when put side by side with the various criminal charges which border on different kinds of things which are subsisting in various courts in Lagos State against this same person, it becomes a little bit clearer why the desperation in the first place; (it’s) probably just to get a veil of immunity just to run away from the certainty of the court’s decision for or against him as it were. “What is on trial is our democracy; it is not about me as a person, but it is about the will of the people of Abia State. And why it is very difficult for the Abia people to accept it is that everyone knows that I have been working for the government in this environment.

“My last duty post was (in) the Abia State Environmental Protection agency and for anybody to say that I have problems with my tax, it will be strange to our people because they know I was working for the government and the government was paying me.

“The Board of Internal Revenue, whose duty it is to assess and levy tax has come out with the document and said it was issued by them and if there is any question to be asked, the BIR is the one to answer the question.

“I want to assure the people that this illegality will not stand but I will test it through the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court.

“I want to dissuade the rumours that are making the round that some people are sponsoring this injustice against our state because we understand the current position of the government at the federal level against corruption and it cannot support somebody battling to wear the veil of immunity just because the person wants to run away from the certainty of justice.” The governor expressed surprise at the turn of events after he had filed an appeal to the judgement obtained by Ogah against him before an Abuja Federal High Court, which had annulled his election based on tax receipts.

He said, “Even if it was a death sentence that was passed on me, I don’t think I deserved to be executed without my right of appeal and that right is undeniable and fundamental.”

He described the court judgement as a temporary set-back and a plan to ambush the mandate which the people freely gave him in April 2015.

Ikpeazu said there was a court order restraining the state chief judge or any other legal officer in the country from swearing in Ogah, adding that he was still the governor.

Meanwhile, the Peoples Democratic Party caucus in the Abia State House Assembly, led by Mr. Martin Azubuike and other PDP faithful in the state, has assured Ikpeazu of their support during a solidarity visit.

However, efforts to speak with Ogah were unsuccessful as he could not be reached for comments as of the time of filing this report. In a related development, INEC has confirmed that it was served with a copy of the appeal filed by the Ikpeazu to challenge his removal from office by an Abuja court.

The appeal was sequel to the victory secured in court by Ogah, which ordered the commission to issue him with a Certificate of Return immediately.

Justice Okon Abang had on Monday found Ikpeazu guilty of not presenting correct tax certificates along with his forms submitted to the electoral body.

The judge held that Ikpeazu, who was declared the winner of the PDP governorship primary in the state, ought to have been disqualified by the party.

However, many lawyers have queried the rationale behind the issuance of the certificate to Ogah, when the governor had appealed the ruling.

The commission, however, said the appeal filed by the governor did not contain a stay of execution of the high court judgement.

The Deputy Director of Publicity and Voter Education of INEC, Mr. Nick Dazang, said the commission didn’t do anything wrong by issuing the certificate.

He said, “Yes, he did (the governor served us with the notice of appeal). However, it (the appeal) did not contain a motion or order of stay of execution.

“In this circumstance and given INEC’s resolve to obey all subsisting court orders, it had no recourse as a responsible regulatory body/commission than to issue the Certificate of Return to Mr. Ogah. Recall that the High Court had earlier ordered INEC to comply forthwith.”

http://punchng.com/ogah-desperate-immunity-12-criminal-charges-ikpeazu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Who Ogah help Mtheeew
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by Semper247(m): 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
These Nigerian politicians are funny...

When judgements favour them, it is victory to democracy..

When judgements are against then, it is democracy on trial and rape if democracy..

Idiotic youth followers will also carry their matter for head like korede's Jerry coil

Smh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by TheFreeOne: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
[quote author=Ikology post=47132656][/quote]

Good.

'Your rejoinder' confirmed my posts and part of what ikpeazu said.

So let the courts decide pending cases and give justice to whichever party deserve it.
Re: Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu by FrancaCC: 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ikpeazu is jst scared that the EFCC will come after him once Uche Ogah enters office. He has used Abia state money for court issues with Alex Otti. Ikpeazu was caught so unawares, he wasnt ready yet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funke Olakunrin Died Serving The Poor - Tinubu [Photos] / Boss Mustapha: Interstate Movement Of Almajiri Violating Buhari’s Order / APC Ticket: When I Was Almost Fed Up, I Resorted To Prayers – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.