Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State (65358 Views)

The Antelope My Dad Bought For New Year Celebration (Photos) / Huge Python Swallowed Antelope In Ondo; Was Caught And Butchered (Photos, Video) / Animal We Killed During Night Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Bapvicslink(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2016
Unfortunately,d "okada man" is a colleague of mine going about his normal banking duty before d antelope crossed d road while hes riding.He was badly injured and was only rescued by soldiers passing by while d native was chasing their meat.Niyi is his name and he's doing fine now.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by abbssx(f): 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
Its a full grown female deer. Female deers do not have horns only male deers do

2 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Baylam(m): 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
angry angry
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Blessograo(f): 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You guys should have captured it and have it taken to a veterinary. Seriously, I know meat is delicious, but we mustn't munch everything, If you take this animal alive to a zoo or reserve centre, you'll be paid.
Sorry I don't need the money but for me, I'll keep it alive and get the opposite gender of it and wait till they increase, ill rather rare it than sell it off before it goes into extinction, ill like to have the last one of it
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by anthay: 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
Guyyyyyyyy! Its call DEER IGALA
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
Animal cruelty

Africans would continue to be Africans, Primitive life is synonymous to that name Africa.

Sometimes I wonder if it was human being slaughtered as such, would it be fair?

Majority of those animals almost have same anatomy with humans that's why the white people has what is known as ANIMAL RIGHT which was first enacted by HITLER back in Nazi Germany.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by passionate88: 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
What a beautiful creature. You guys are so heartless, Must you kill everything you come across?, These are rare animals and should be conserved.

brotherly, the apc induced hunger in the land is too much

3 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by goonsmi: 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:
My colleagues chased & killed this bush meat yesterday when coming back from a site after it was knocked by an okada man who fell on the ground & got injured.

It was really my first time not only seeing this animal live but also the 2nd bush meat I have ever eating after "Bush Rat". Come see our compound like say nah party we dey celebrate & nah yesterday I knwo say Yoruba ppl no dey use meat play @all to the extent that almost the entire families of the okada man came down to Ijebu-ode all the way from Itele to have their own share of the meat, I was almost angry coz they short ma own share lol....

Please NL's help me to identify the name of this animal cos I said it was an Antelope but most of the men here said it's not an Antelope but " Igala" I don't know what is Igala in English & they also don't know the English name, they said Antelope use to have horns.

Below are pics of the bush meat

That is a deer . it is very common around my LG ( Yewa North).
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by DavidEsq(m): 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

My dear, just return the meat to them.. Come and I will make a nice goat meat pepper soup for you.. Lol
Person kill antelope , u say u wan prepare goat meat pepper soup for am!!! Is it English langua dat has suffered or u wan turn the antelope to goat?

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by edbor(m): 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
This chow go sweet no be small
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by miqos02(m): 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
hmm
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Kizyte(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
What a beautiful creature. You guys are so heartless, Must you kill everything you come across?, These are rare animals and should be conserved.

I tire o! One day dem go eat the one wey go kill dem. angry

3 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by pippimp(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You guys should have captured it and have it taken to a veterinary. Seriously, I know meat is delicious, but we mustn't munch everything, If you take this animal alive to a zoo or reserve centre, you'll be paid.

Story. Not when it comes to bush meat.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Rasque1759(m): 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

But it did not die. They had an opportunity of treating the creature, but decided to kill it. Sad indeed.
yeah....very sad indeed...heheheehhe..in any yoruba land, animals like this will never go without not being chased to death and killed...we kill. And eat bush meat here...we don't keep them in zoo nor use them as pets....even if we're opportune to kill those in zoo..bruh we will and eat them too...

2 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by miqos02(m): 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
DavidEsq:

Person kill antelope , u say u wan prepare goat meat pepper soup for am!!! Is it English langua dat has suffered or u wan turn the antelope to goat?
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2016
lovelygurl:
Such animals are rare

I'd like my kids to know what an antelope is. You can't just be killing such rare animals

There might be a time they won't exist anymore.

But is it really an antelope?

Looks like a deer
it wasn't an antelope but a deer

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by iPopAlomo(m): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
For everyone asking for the name... it's a DUIKER...

Cc: jstrollet...
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by hensben(m): 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:
My colleagues chased & killed this bush meat yesterday when coming back from a site after it was knocked by an okada man who fell on the ground & got injured.

It was really my first time not only seeing this animal live but also the 2nd bush meat I have ever eating after "Bush Rat". Come see our compound like say nah party we dey celebrate & nah yesterday I knwo say Yoruba ppl no dey use meat play @all to the extent that almost the entire families of the okada man came down to Ijebu-ode all the way from Itele to have their own share of the meat, I was almost angry coz they short ma own share lol....

Please NL's help me to identify the name of this animal cos I said it was an Antelope but most of the men here said it's not an Antelope but " Igala" I don't know what is Igala in English & they also don't know the English name, they said Antelope use to have horns.

op this meat is tasteless. If na lie tell me.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by SeverusSnape(m): 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
passionate88:
brotherly, the apc induced hunger in the land is too much
Chai!... You're so right.

2 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by omooba969(m): 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

My dear, just return the meat to them.. Come and I will make a nice goat meat pepper soup for you.. Lol

If truly datz u on ur dp, then 'I AM SPEECHLESS'! wink

U r gorgeous! cool
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by SeverusSnape(m): 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
Blessograo:

Sorry I don't need the money but for me, I'll keep it alive and get the opposite gender of it and wait till they increase, ill rather rare it than sell it off before it goes into extinction, ill like to have the last one of it
Nice idea ma'am.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by SexyStrawberry(f): 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
why all veez evulzz? why kill an innocent beautiful animal? its not good o! see how u tear his neck and roast his body and his tongue is hanging out and begging u pipo, yet u didin hear, u now comman comman tear him apart just like a pieces rags, all deez tinz u are doing, diaris God o! Chai diaris God o! cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by demoBaba: 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
Wetin you want use the name do, abeg send my own packages.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Blessograo(f): 9:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Nice idea ma'am.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by rhektor(m): 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:

This is Deer not Antelope

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Onyemabright(m): 9:28pm On Jul 02, 2016
O boy u'r own meat big o....

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by lebete3000: 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
DEAFandDUMB:

Evwn if you're BLIND,CRIPPLE, DEAF and DUMB....if that is you I'll tap dat!
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

But it did not die. They had an opportunity of treating the creature, but decided to kill it. Sad indeed.
wait o this matter or another one? Adam killed animal, Noah killed animal, David killed animal... No be today people don dey kill animal. Mr Animal advocate have u ever asked yourself which zoo or reserve animals that were the first habitant of New York city were kept? Or were all those big and beautiful cities dropped from heaven devoid of animals? 80% of gun sale in the US are for game and not humans... Most American states have about 3 months hunting season... No be human and no be artificial game dem dey hunt o. Awon mad people they are building a great cities, destroying there own ecosystem but they are asking us to conserve ours so that our own bushy and medieval surrounding can give them a taste of the past.

3 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by BestySam(m): 9:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
This is sickening. May God forgive you all. @OP that is why your English construction is terrible.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Ike4God: 9:39pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:
More pics.... The last pic was ma own share, walahi those guyz are really mean embarassed
must u eat every meat u see is goat, beef & chicken not OK for you guys? OK now u have killed an animal ur children will never grow up to see. now u killed n ate it , this morning u dun sheet am out what hav u achieved? may b u go soon De eat humans.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by kanmifad(m): 9:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:

It was really my first time not only seeing this animal live but also the 2nd bush meat I have ever eating after "Bush Rat". Come see our compound like say nah party we dey celebrate & nah yesterday I knwo say Yoruba ppl no dey use meat play

extent that almost the entire families of the okada man came down to Ijebu-ode all the way from Itele to have their own share of the meat, I was almost angry coz they short ma own share lol....

. this is called Deer not Antelope, king Solomon mentioned the name in his
songs when referring to beauty
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Ike4God: 9:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
Rasque1759:
yeah....very sad indeed...heheheehhe..in any yoruba land, animals like this will never go without not being chased to death and killed...we kill. And eat bush meat here...we don't keep them in zoo nor use them as pets....even if we're opportune to kill those in zoo..bruh we will and eat them too...

really feel sorry for you, is this hunger or what ? primitive ppl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Shares Video Of N2k Food He Was Served At A Lagos Hotel / If You Did Not Eat This Food, Then You Must Be Of A Younger Generation / The Shape Of The New 50cl 7up Bottle: What Do You Think About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.