Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,879 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State (65265 Views)

The Antelope My Dad Bought For New Year Celebration (Photos) / Huge Python Swallowed Antelope In Ondo; Was Caught And Butchered (Photos, Video) / Animal We Killed During Night Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Abiri22: 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
We will renal Africans for life.......that animal should be preserved and not to be killed as "Bush meat" God!!!!!!! Please give us sense.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by sbabimbola(f): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
Endangered Specie!
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by julioralph(m): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
wow, looks like a bushbuck.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by helphelp: 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
Wow...awesome beta meat
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by DannyJ19(m): 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
What a beautiful creature. You guys are so heartless, Must you kill everything you come across?
man must wack..
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
Decimating wild life with impunity. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Anabel(f): 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
Wetin be the name sef wey I hear for NatGeoWild.. Gazelle or something. But e be like say the thing sabi run.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by DeRay98(m): 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
It's a deer, it's not rare, very common in most of our forests in Naija.
Whenever anybody kills it in a community either by trapping or gun hunted, it's usually shared by the whole community.

2 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by mommaade(f): 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
Sofri dey eat, Igala dey turn human oooo. Make e no be human meat una dey eat tongue
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by claremont(m): 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
What a beautiful creature. You guys are so heartless, Must you kill everything you come across?

READ, it was ''knocked down by an Okada man''.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by adonisgold: 8:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
This is an antelope. It is deers that have horns. Igala is antelope in Yoruba I think. Most people do not like deeds because witches usually change to them, anyway, that's what they say.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by whitebeard(m): 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
kill kill kill....this same people will later come and complain that there is no more animals again
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by wasak(m): 8:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
Certainly a gazelle , very beautiful
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by SeverusSnape(m): 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
claremont:

READ, it was ''knocked down by an Okada man''.
But it did not die. They had an opportunity of treating the creature, but decided to kill it. Sad indeed.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by bittertruthz: 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:
My colleagues chased & killed this bush meat yesterday when coming back from a site after it was knocked by an okada man who fell on the ground & got injured.

It was really my first time not only seeing this animal live but also the 2nd bush meat I have ever eating after "Bush Rat". Come see our compound like say nah party we dey celebrate & nah yesterday I knwo say Yoruba ppl no dey use meat play @all to the extent that almost the entire families of the okada man came down to Ijebu-ode all the way from Itele to have their own share of the meat, I was almost angry coz they short ma own share lol....

Please NL's help me to identify the name of this animal cos I said it was an Antelope but most of the men here said it's not an Antelope but " Igala" I don't know what is Igala in English & they also don't know the English name, they said Antelope use to have horns.

Below are pics of the bush meat

Africans need more 300 years to meat up with civilized world. I bet the share that will get to each will be less than 200 meat in the market.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by SeyiAyorinde(m): 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2016
OP,please don't eat the intestine o,its poisonous.

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by idupaul: 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
An Educated person like U engaging urself in chasing and killing scarce wild life...lol
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Pyno30: 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2016
This thing wey sabi run

2 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ijebu Again!!!
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by baby124: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
adonisgold:
This is an antelope. It is deers that have horns. Igala is antelope in Yoruba I think. Most people do not like deeds because witches usually change to them, anyway, that's what they say.
Look at pictures of a baby deer and look at OP's pic. It's only mature male deer that have horns.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Neverquit(f): 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
You killed Bambi cry
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by imdharyour: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hope the party goes well ?

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by bdemix(m): 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
Aaaaah,una don kill Eran Iya Osogbo
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Jobabori(m): 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
The op asked for the English name of the animal. Some called it deer while other say it is gazzel. What is the actual and real name please?

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by claremont(m): 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

But it did not die. They had an opportunity of treating the creature, but decided to kill it. Sad indeed.

How would they ''treat'' a wounded animal when they are not Veterinarians, and who is going to pay for it?

4 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by BermudaTriangle(m): 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
I think this animal is a gazell. And antelope or deer of this size would have horns.
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Hillarie(m): 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2016
Kgdavid:

This might be a gazelle
A Gazelle has horns.. This should be a Doe... Not sure tho

1 Like

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Rasque1759(m): 9:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You guys should have captured it and have it taken to a veterinary. Seriously, I know meat is delicious, but we mustn't munch everything, If you take this animal alive to a zoo or reserve centre, you'll be paid.
really? .....not sure you're a Nigerian.... hehehehehehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by Tunababa8v(m): 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
And why is this making front page? And why is this making front page?
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by nnemmpi(m): 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
there hunger in tha land
Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by alizma: 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
SeverusSnape:
are you not heartless eating cow meat abi who tell you say cow life no de beautiful?

6 Likes

Re: The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State by sinistermind(m): 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
jstrollet:
My colleagues chased & killed this bush meat yesterday when coming back from a site after it was knocked by an okada man who fell on the ground & got injured.

It was really my first time not only seeing this animal live but also the 2nd bush meat I have ever eating after "Bush Rat". Come see our compound like say nah party we dey celebrate & nah yesterday I knwo say Yoruba ppl no dey use meat play @all to the extent that almost the entire families of the okada man came down to Ijebu-ode all the way from Itele to have their own share of the meat, I was almost angry coz they short ma own share lol....

Please NL's help me to identify the name of this animal cos I said it was an Antelope but most of the men here said it's not an Antelope but " Igala" I don't know what is Igala in English & they also don't know the English name, they said Antelope use to have horns.

Below are pics of the bush meat

It's a kudu female antelope

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Food Cooked With Snake And Giant Rat (Pictures) / Man Shares Video Of N2k Food He Was Served At A Lagos Hotel / If You Did Not Eat This Food, Then You Must Be Of A Younger Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.