Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? (17430 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by kenny091(m): 7:10am On Jul 03, 2016
In light of the Ooni of Ife's recent gaffe when he said Jesus is his father, whereas his title as king of ife literarily means Oonirisa (leader of the Orisha). Ooni aside, traditional rulers generally perform a lot of roles that are in tandem with the African traditional religion and it is statedin the bible that no one can serve two masters. So what are the chances of a born again christian being a traditional ruler.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Oche211(m): 7:21am On Jul 03, 2016
Sometimes, i wondered if the Ooni coronation was in the church. He cannot tell us he hasn't been involved in any kind of ritual since getting on the throne.

17 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by RichYoungNigga: 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
Who is a born again christian ??
An individual who worships his imaginary friend "Jesus" who was born 40,000 years ago and there's nothing to prove his birth, he was the only person in the history of humanity to be born by a virgin and a holy ghost ?? grin

When was Christianity brought to Africa ?? 300 years ago
What was people in Africa practicing ?? Traditional culture of course.

Who even discovered Christianity and named it Christianity, set a rule and scared you with imaginary heaven and hell ?? Last time i checked, the imaginary Jesus you guys worship is a Jew.

Religion is worst than drugs, it will ferment your brain

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by sakaguchi(m): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
And here lies the nexus of ALL the problems of Nigeria.

The British who colonised us, have successfully interwoven their culture with Christianity. They were all Catholics before King Henry VII decided to marry 2nd wife which the Pope forbade. So he cut himself off from the Pope, the Catholic church and formed Anglican church - Church of England. He went ahead to marry the 2nd wife.

What is a traditional ruler sef?
The pope is traditional to Rome.
The queen is traditional to England.
Babarosa when he was king was traditional to Germany.
If all these traditional rulers are Christians, then a all Nigerian traditional rulers can be.
They just have the believe in the lordship of Jesus Christ.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Theultimate(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
Yes, He can. But........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by veekid(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
Capital YES; e.g ooni

That man too like waka waka
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by myners007: 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
yes, a born again can hold any position ranging from traditional ruler to that of president. The Pope being the highest ranked christian on earth is also the president of the Vatican city the smallest country in the world

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by tpbehappy(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
You see ehn ,
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by nastyesco(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
Abeg what of abobaku...can he also be born again undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by SamMilla1(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ask Ooni of Nazareth
I heard he said his father is Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
Yes and no
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by 0955eb027(m): 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
Space for sale
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by notoriousbabe: 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
I dey come make I ask Google
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Wizdray: 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
Don't think so
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Weedcrusher: 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hypocrisy and Nigerians go hand in hand
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
HI BOOK SPACE
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Sunofgod(m): 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
No...& Ooni is a charlatan.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by justicejay(m): 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
I don't know, when we get there we shall know but we won't be able to use the lesson learn again
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by tpbehappy(m): 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
You see ehn
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by marshalcarter: 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
Blessin folo me
Alubarika folo me

Plenty money folo me

Fyn fyn burukutu folo me grin grin

I was here sha

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Fussbot: 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ooni should solicit on our behalf o...Agba ti n de oo.. OAU should resume ooo... My 2cent
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by allanphash7(m): 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
Op, who is a born again
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Zico5(m): 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
The bible says we should give unto Cesar what is due for Cesar and God what is due for him. Oonirisha is not an idol name, its like olubadan, owa obokun, there is nothing wrong if a christian becomes a king. It is to the glory of God. The first president of christ apostolic church (CAC) was ibadan king and he was regarded till today as one of the greatest man of God.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by GEJ2019(m): 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
My BROTHER Onni haz one Master The Yoruba Deities.Me Tink He Wud Av Done A lot Of African Protection Else He Can't Even Sit On DT Throne.DT Said I Blv D Church Shud Stop Shying Away From Such Roles As So Doin Will Slow D Spread Of Christianity.As A Christian As Tym Goes On U WL Surely Reject DOA Practice DT Are Anti God And Dere WL Be A New Definition Of Ur traditional Rulers hip. my Take Dou.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by wayne4loan: 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
"Darkness and light have no connection"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by deekaybeatz(m): 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
Yes o... My igwe is a living testimony. Igwe Festus ume of inyi, oji river local government area Enugu state. God bless him for me
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
kenny091:
In light of the Ooni of Ife's recent gaffe when he said Jesus is his father, whereas his title as king of ife literarily means Oonirisa (leader of the Orisha). Ooni aside, traditional rulers generally perform a lot of roles that are in tandem with the African traditional religion and it is statedin the bible that no one can serve two masters. So what are the chances of a born again christian being a traditional ruler.
D
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Sunnycliff(m): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
John 6:15 When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

Be like Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by egedege1(m): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
You can't serve TWO masters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2016
Weedcrusher:
Hypocrisy and Nigerians go hand in hand
gbam
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
No...i don't think so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Ready To Take Over From Oritsejafor – Northern CAN Replies Group / God Hasn’t Told Me There’s Going To Be Election Next Year – Adeboye / Drop Your Prayer Point Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.