Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts (43141 Views)

Mass Burial Of Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Attack In Plateau Begins (Graphic) / Areas Prone To Robbery In Lagos - Drivers, Take Note! - By AutoReportNG / Ife: Dead Bodies Of Victims Of Yoruba-Hausa Clash In Osun (Graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by kart042000(m): 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
Please before commuting on a bus, check for numbers like 80/140 printed on the front and at the back.

I recently learnt this from a LASTMA official, that way they can trace the park of the vehicle and owner.

The country at the moment is really in a mess, May God continue to protect us because truth be told we are not better than any of the victims. It can happen to anyone..
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Cherishing(f): 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
This got me laughing out loud

“men have learnt to shoot without missing,It has also learnt to fly without perching”.

cheesy
cheesy

Honestly na this way sure pass for some guys attitude towards ladies tongue
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by papoose321: 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
notoriousbabe:
you missed l,the story too sweet. The summary of it is dat Buhari has been having affair with Patience Jonathan and the woman is even pregnant for him. She might come back as our 1st lady

Lol.. Okpo! Well summarised

1 Like

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by 1trillionlikes: 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hundreddegrees:
Na Satan go punish dem!! angry
Amen!!! Stop cursing
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by miqos02(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2016
yeah
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by baslone: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
sunnyside16:
ATM has a limit below 100k, how then will they withdraw that much in few hours? Anyways, God help us in this country.

Limit of N150k actually.

None of the amounts in the article exceeds that.

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by tammie24: 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
I think the best thing is to have two accounts
One with your savings and the other with little money

4 Likes

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by creamylicious(f): 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
na wa oooo ..... na to open second account with major cash and use the first account for small change .... no atm for second account be that plus deletions of alerts received

6 Likes

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Ganjafama(m): 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
The first paragraph of the write-up about Eneke The Bird is so damn captivating.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by bewla(m): 7:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
y lagos is after yellow bis
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
The solutions or how to prevent such ordeal include :

1. Don't board a bus too early in the day i.e if it's not up to 7am don't board a bus or rather be extra vigilant.

2. Be very vigilant when boarding buses at night.

3. Board buses from only the park and not along the way. Also don't board buses without the regular yellow and black stripes color

4. If possible always enter BRT

5. Any bus with too many male commuters or just one female should raise suspicion.

6. Pray before setting out everyday

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by okezie007(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
I normally have more than a wallet and place my different ATM cards in these wallets to avoid been nabbed with all ATM cards in one wallet. Also, I ensure my monies are evenly split in different accounts so that I can still smile even if am robbed. However, na God dey protect person but atleast get your own way sha
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Einl(m): 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
sunnyside16:
ATM has a limit below 100k, how then will they withdraw that much in few hours? Anyways, God help us in this country.

No. No.

With a Verve Card the daily withdrawal limit on an ATM is N100,000.
Whereas with a MasterCard you can withdraw N150,000 daily.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Dottore: 8:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
everyone is not as jobless as you bro.
you can read a whole dictionary daily for all i care.

3rdlegxxx:

2016 Nigerian Youths, zero intelligence level everything must be summarised, can't appreciate the well written article about people's bad ordeals an the best u could think o was summaries, smh
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Jonwesley(m): 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
papoose321:
Na old format b dis na... One nyash De use POS terminal now no need 4 ATM 4 those wey dey claim "pls pls I don't use ATM beta ready chop blow slap while u call out ur account no 4 quick teller transfer... Cashless society indeed

Lies, if U think U can use POS or quick teller, U are in deep shit. The receiving account will be known and you will be arrested by the trail.

3 Likes

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Phranex(m): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
notoriousbabe:
you missed l,the story too sweet. The summary of it is dat Buhari has been having affair with Patience Jonathan and the woman is even pregnant for him. She might come back as our 1st lady

You have a good sense of humour. Humour me now!!!! Just sent a pm.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by kingthreat(m): 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
Cant wait for Ambode's buses to come so these fools would be out of business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by papoose321: 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2016
Jonwesley:

Lies, if U think U can use POS or quick teller, U are in deep shit. The receiving account will be known and you will be arrested by the trail.

Owey u neva hear POS offline merchant account.... Sit down there make hot pant De wear u

1 Like

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by PHIPEX(m): 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
I blame the failure of our security system. Every ATM has/ supposed to have camera. It should be easy to identify them. But absence of database will make it difficult to identify them.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by papoose321: 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
kingthreat:
Cant wait for Ambode's buses to come so these fools would be out of business

Ambode busses indeed...no1 one nyash in Lagos.. They use ur moni sori their moni 2 buy busses and u voluntarily pay 2 enter it.. Sharp!
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by cruz419(m): 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
It high tyme dey give every body license to start carrying gun oo,, WATIN na I'm dis hard time person go come say make I give my atm with my pin,, hmm GOD abeg I no one jam Dem oo
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2016
notoriousbabe:

God bless u for the way u summarized it for him
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Chukazu: 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

2016 Nigerian Youths, zero intelligence level everything must be summarised, can't appreciate the well written article about people's bad ordeals an the best u could think o was summaries, smh

one of the dark side of GSM.. people are so lazy to read, they would rather browse and chatt sweet nothings than pick up a book to read. even their life is a "summary" nothing "comprehensive"

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Chukazu: 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
Donpuzo:
The solutions or how to prevent such ordeal include :

1. Don't board a bus too early in the day i.e if it's not up to 7am don't board a bus or rather be extra vigilant.

2. Be very vigilant when boarding buses at night.

3. If possible always enter BRT

4. Any bus with too many male commuters or just one female should raise suspicion.

5. Pray before setting out everyday

bros with all this.. I think na to treck sure pass
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by nwakibie3(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
Chrisrare:
Life is all about risks, and dis risks r increasing everyday. Nice article op, but how can one prevent such frm happening to him/her?
Once u enter a bus and u want to seat on the second seat behind the driver and the conductor says that's his seat that u have to go the back seat then know that something is fishy. I think that's one of the ways to spot them.

3 Likes

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by fortune1968: 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
arabiana:
Na to de leave atm card for house now o
yes.D day u are going out very early .

1 Like

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by mrwonlasewonie: 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
And some clowns will say say no to jungle justice like say thief get mercy for anybody
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
[b]Too bad, for those who wish their was a way to prevent you from being a victim, am not sure this is a 100% proof but it helps this is what I do.
1. I have two accounts with diamond bank Co-operate account and my personal account.
2. I added two signature mandates and a company seal to my Co-operate account making it impossible to withdraw with a ATM because their is no ATM card for it and you can't perform any transaction without the company seal.
3. I move all the plenty cash to the company account grin I no send their DBIX charges jor.
4. I leave like 30k in the person account.
5. I delete my bank alerts and transactions.
Now if you have a smart phone hide all relevant informations like bank mobile app, messages and contacts of business associates and Whatsapp conversations. To do this simple go to settings, security privacy protection and create a password for guests. This means when you input the guest password it hides every information you turned on in privacy settings including messages and contacts. Hope this helps. [/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by uckyra: 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ok i hav also learnt hw to fly with pitching not to go with my atm with large sum of money,yes we will survive.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by uckyra: 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ok i hav also learnt hw to fly with pitching not to go with my atm with large sum of money,yes we will survive this changed country.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by fm7070: 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
Where are the police undercover to unravel the evil men behind this act?
Or they are waiting until it will affect one son/daughter of an elite.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
This is a sorry case one won't know what it's means until one is a victim..the banks should be able to provide the photographs of the perpetrators as there is a camera attached to all ATMs
Lesson learnt from this is don't go everywhere with your ATM cards if you don't need it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenile Nwabuzor: Hairdresser Commits Suicide Over Disagreements With Boyfriend / Cable Thief Electrocuted While Trying To Steal From A Transformer In Lagos (Pics / Customs Hands Over 2 Stolen Range Rover Sports To Interpol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.