Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts (43143 Views)

Mass Burial Of Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Attack In Plateau Begins (Graphic) / Areas Prone To Robbery In Lagos - Drivers, Take Note! - By AutoReportNG / Ife: Dead Bodies Of Victims Of Yoruba-Hausa Clash In Osun (Graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by mamawin(f): 9:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
franciskaine:
Na olosho house dem go still finish d money. Idiots
if you see the kind house wet some of them dey build, you go open mouth oo
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Jarus(m): 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
This tactic has been around for some time. They use cab too. On 3 different occasions I bumped into their victims at Anifowose/Musa Yar'adua street, off Kofo, in VI. Two of them picked the cab on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi; one on Adeola Odeku, VI. One happened about 7:30pm, the others around 9-10pm.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Dexema(m): 9:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
Vomm:
The best thing is too stop carrying cards around espcially when one is not in need of it.

I think it is safer to withdraw some money and keep instead of carrying all one has worked for All about.
I'm thinking of moving money to another bank while I carry a small but considerable amount in my gt atm.

1 Like

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by ceasare: 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
Laqueen:
This is a sorry case one won't know what it's means until one is a victim..the banks should be able to provide the photographs of the perpetrators as there is a camera attached to all ATMs
Lesson learnt from this is don't go everywhere with your ATM cards if you don't need it..

My dear ,d banks do present d pics to victims who am sure sends to d police but have the police
Apprehended any of the suspects? The answer is no because their is no database to match d faces.
If and only we have a database of criminals in Nigeria such crimes won't be lucrative.but guess what?
The most simplest of things world over is always a big deal to implement in Nigeria!!!

fm7070:
Where are the police undercover to unravel the evil men behind this act?
Or they are waiting until it will affect one son/daughter of an elite.

U are talking of undercover like that? Ngr police ain't good at that ,they are good at beating to submission,they can beat
A lion till it will admit been a rabbit.and that they don't know all the criminal by local govt is an understatement!
They know those that are highway robbers,pickpockets,one chance but in as much as they give results who cares?
They only pick them when it's been done to a highly placed person or their relatives .

Btw That fadeyi-jibowu route is lucrative as well as okoko-badagry because of travelers and traders plying those route.
If passing that route early if possible drop ur ATM at home.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by mirob(f): 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
tobcha8726:
evil everywhere

You are also one of the evil people as you are about to scam unsuspecting nairalanders with this your MTN 7GB For 2 months data plan.

No one should buy data from this guy cos it's a scam.

Thief!
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
Dottore:
Damn too long. Ain't there no way to summarize

See this paddie oo. "Damn too long"? You bera read the whole of it and gain wisdom grin Anyway make I help you. No enter 14 sitter bus oo!! #pulling ear#
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Vomm: 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
Better alternative

Dexema:
I'm thinking of moving money to another bank while I carry a small but considerable amount in my gt atm.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Haykinx98(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
or wetin b dah meaning of all those camera wey dem put 4 ATM gan sef
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by kelly72: 10:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
J[quote author=tobcha8726 post=47173682]evil everywhere[/quote

Scammer,u will smell d rod soon
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by tayo200(m): 11:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
I hate lagos
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by omakay(m): 11:19pm On Jul 03, 2016
If I say that I feel sorry for the victims, then am lying to you all.

Why would you carry all your bank savings in form of ATM cards to be roaming all around Lagos.

Some people carry as much as 2 to 3 ATM cards. What are they using them for?

As for me, all my bank funds are in an account that is not attached to any physical thing like ATM card.

I don't leave more than 2k on my card no matter what.

You people should stop opening different accounts like womanisers.

All banks are the same and have their equal virtues and vices.

Funny thing is most of the victims flaunt plenty ATM cards like they own billions and they don't even own a car.

THE NIGERIAN PRIDE IS KILLING NIGERIANS.

1 Like

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
Dottore:
Damn too long. Ain't there no way to summarize
-you enter bus with strangers
-some mins later dey rob un take ur ATM cards and request for pin
- one of them get out to go empty ur account while u are been pinned down at a spot.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 04, 2016
mamawin:
if you see the kind house wet some of them dey build, you go open mouth oo
lol, how u take know dem? U be dia client? Na joke ooo
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by zeberebe: 3:24am On Jul 04, 2016
notoriousbabe:
you missed l,the story too sweet. The summary of it is dat Buhari has been having affair with Patience Jonathan and the woman is even pregnant for him. She might come back as our 1st lady
grin
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by muri4mig(m): 4:22am On Jul 04, 2016
vincent10:
Go pass them
To where?
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Alwaystruth: 4:28am On Jul 04, 2016
That shows how stupid and insensitive our leaders are in that country called Nigeria.
In the country where I live, you have limited amount you can withdraw in one ATM card per day and
every ATM has security cameras and security personnel guiding it. No, in Nigeria police is used to kill and intimidate
innocent people. Nigerians will forever continue to suffer so long as they keep voting in money bags and recycled
politicians.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by zeberebe: 4:39am On Jul 04, 2016
temitemi1:
Everyday for the thief one day for the owner.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by pragmatistm(m): 4:40am On Jul 04, 2016
sunnyside16:
ATM has a limit below 100k, how then will they withdraw that much in few hours? Anyways, God help us in this country.
ATM withdrawal limit is more than 100k. Check out the facts.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by AYAB: 5:22am On Jul 04, 2016
sunnyside16:
ATM has a limit below 100k, how then will they withdraw that much in few hours? Anyways, God help us in this country.
ATM is 150,000 daily
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Origin(f): 5:24am On Jul 04, 2016
Better leave ATMs at home or office.
Banks too could improve security features for large amounts.
Banks would have pictures of the perp which would help the police.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by SamMilla1(m): 5:47am On Jul 04, 2016
papoose321:

Oga dis is different them go pick and drop u after some blow slaps... Kidnapping dem go feed while u are entitled to 1 call

Return to primary school
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by emma2002(m): 6:24am On Jul 04, 2016
The advent of the use of debit cards only solved the problem of cash handling and has created yet another overlooked problem which is the possibility of moving around with all you are worth financially. One way around this is not to stop boarding commercial buses as you will at some point need them especially if you are not yet mobile. However, even vehicle owners are not exempt from this menace.

One simple way to avoid this is to own multiple accounts and ensure you don't have SMS alert or debit cards for those accounts except one of them. (thankfully there is no law yet on owning multiple accounts). Also you need to have a separate mobile phone where you can domicile the banks mobile app for transfers etc on this mobile phone which is not to be carried around too.

You should use that separate account as your daily running account with alert and all. When you need more cash for your daily need or business, use quickteller or your bank's mobile app to transfer as much as you need into the daily running account.

This will help as well so that if in an eventuality you don't provoke the miscreants that you don't own or operate with a debit card. By the way what's the use of money in your bank account if you end your life by refusing to cooperate.

May God continue to protect us.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by cirmuell(m): 6:29am On Jul 04, 2016
Vomm:
The best thing is to stop carrying credit cards around espcially when one is not in need of it.

I think it is safer to withdraw some money and keep instead of carrying all one has worked for All about.
You are wise.

You can always keep some cash with you incase shii like this happen. When they can't find an ATM card on you they will at least get the cash...it's better than not getting anything at all from you cause that could lead to untimely death.

I wonder what will happen to a victim who doesn't have much in his/her bank account.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by otokx(m): 7:17am On Jul 04, 2016
Board only painted buses at designated bus stops and don't carry any ATM card.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by ENEONWO(m): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2016
SamMilla1:
This is kidnapping.
I don't know why the author of this article tried to paint it with colourful brushes.
Whether they force you to give them your pin or call your people to bring money for them somewhere, it's all the same.

Hang these people if that's what it takes to stop this.

SamMilla1, many states in Nigeria have already made capital punishment (death sentence) the penalty for kidnapping and related crimes. The problem now lies with prosecution. And not many victims are ready to volunteer useful information for fear of reprisal attack by other unknown gang members.

1 Like

Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Vision4God: 8:09am On Jul 04, 2016
davodyguy:
This isnt funny any more
One guy a fresh graduate shared his experience in Nigeria info FM this morning on how he boarded a one chance bus too. In his own case, they were ritualists that took him. It was prayer that saved him, cos others were killed. I think we should all be careful and most likely follow BRT buses as against danfos.

This' one of the reasons I'll never board any commercial bus in Nigeria.

I've sworn and God has been faithful to me so far

My xperience wt El-rufai bus in Abj (BRT in lag)
Boarded it from nyanya to wuse at 7am.i was going for an exam.
D bus was full and d journey started. D conductor immediately collected our fares. Most of us had bigger denomination like N1000, and N500.
D fare was N100.
I had N500.
We kept asking for our change but d conductor claimed he wud get change at a filling station.
D bus stopped all of sudden just after Louis edet house, claimed d vehicle had developed a fault and de have to call a mechanic close by.
Dat was how d driver n conductor left us, wt our balance wt dem for over an hour.
I had to board a taxi cos I was almost late for my exams.

Discovered dat was der new way of robbing.

Realised d bus drivers are thieves cos anoda elrufai bus passed without stopping to help.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Collins10(m): 8:13am On Jul 04, 2016
sunnyside16:
Not really. The maximum limit of withdrawal in an ATM machine is #150,000.... (At least according to Ecobank and UBA. I was there yesterday.)
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by davodyguy: 8:38am On Jul 04, 2016
Vision4God:

My xperience wt El-rufai bus in Abj (BRT in lag)
Boarded it from nyanya to wuse at 7am.i was going for an exam.
D bus was full and d journey started. D conductor immediately collected our fares. Most of us had bigger denomination like N1000, and N500.
D fare was N100.
I had N500.
We kept asking for our change but d conductor claimed he wud get change at a filling station.
D bus stopped all of sudden just after Louis edet house, claimed d vehicle had developed a fault and de have to call a mechanic close by.
Dat was how d driver n conductor left us, wt our balance wt dem for over an hour.
I had to board a taxi cos I was almost late for my exams.

Discovered dat was der new way of robbing.

Realised d bus drivers are thieves cos anoda elrufai bus passed without stopping to help.

This incident cant be associated with the high level One chance crime.

Pick the details of the bus and report
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by murmee: 10:01am On Jul 04, 2016
Chrisrare:
Life is all about risks, and dis risks r increasing everyday. Nice article op, but how can one prevent such frm happening to him/her?
Do not carry your ATM cards at all times. Always use the ATM machines that is within walking distance from your home or office. Leave your ATM cards at home or in your office if it is safe to do so.

If you are traveling, withdraw the amount you need before traveling and leave your cards at home. If you need more money when you get to your destination, you can then walk into a branch of your bank and use your cheque book. Even savings account has withdrawal booklets.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by Deepfreezer(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2016
Lagos!!! The crime in lagos state alone surpasses that of entire nation put together.
Re: One Chance Drivers Take ATM Card Of Victims And Empty Their Accounts by mrteee: 11:11am On Jul 04, 2016
fm7070:
Where are the police undercover to unravel the evil men behind this act?
Or they are waiting until it will affect one son/daughter of an elite.

They are busy at "checkpoints" doing their most "important" duty - roger!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenile Nwabuzor: Hairdresser Commits Suicide Over Disagreements With Boyfriend / Cable Thief Electrocuted While Trying To Steal From A Transformer In Lagos (Pics / Most Wanted Poacher In Yankari Arrested, Has Killed Countless Elephants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.