Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Have You Received Your National Identity Card? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Received Your National Identity Card? (29448 Views)

Governor Ambode Registers For His National Identity Card / FG To Merge BVN, Driver’s Licence, National Identity Card / I Will Cross Your National Red Line, Lere Olayinka Dares Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by guiddoti: 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2016
Daraph:

"I has" ke I blame Booharry
must you shout ? omiobe
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
Omoluabi16:
Useless NIMC. It's been over a year for me too. I remember I needed that Identity card badly then, until I realised how messed up they were, and I would've waited forever. I just go do driver's licence... And it was out within 3 days. Successive Nigerian governments have failed us in certain areas.
Pls what was the total cost you spent in getting your driver's licence?
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by olayinkajnr(m): 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
BusinessHub1:

Lol..if i catch u enh..bro fear GOD o

Lolz, Im really serious. I no fit lie for this kind thing. I just tire for them. If you wan go do am now, you must go very early.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by sabi99(m): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
I av received mine. I was opportuned to apply for d identity card alongside NNPC staff when I was doing my IT there in 2014.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by sabi99(m): 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
archangel1:
Dear NLanders, something has got me puzzled for long. sometimes, I don't understand why our bureaucracy is not so swift and efficient especially as regard rendering services that mainly concern the masses. Reticence and tokenism have bedevilled our system of governance in this country. that's my perception
For a year and some months now, the National ID that I applied for has not been given to me. But I remembered when Mr. president came on board around May last year, he was registered before the press , within two months of registration, he was given his before the cameramen; all in the name that NIMC is working. is that not tokenism?
pls, has any one in this forum received his or her own. pls, when did you apply. I want to know whether am the only one left by NIMC? Thanks for your response.
av received mine. I was opportuned to apply for d
identity card alongside NNPC staff when I was doing
my IT there in 2014.
I can snap it n send d pics to u. U can also withdraw money with cos there's an atm chip on it.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by JFT24(m): 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
I got mine within a year after registration. Am sure is randomly processed. you will surely get yours soon. b patient

Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by DobleO7: 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
Yes! I received mine early last year but one of my Ogas that we did the registration together has not collected his yet.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by GeebeeM(m): 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
meforyou1:
The temporary card has NIN, but the permanent ID card doesn't have NIN. That's another serious flaw

Not really. You can only access the NIN from the card through a machine reader. That's why the slip is very important. That's the only place you can visibly see the NIN
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Mandeme(m): 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Yea that is true, don't mind them, in case you need your own for anything i advice u go get ur Int'l passport or driver's license which can stand for it & won't stay so long before been issued.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Naijageak(m): 3:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
na be say.my own never set at all
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by rafeelly(m): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
everything about Nigeria can be annoying sometimes. applied since 2012 and even driver's license i haven't gotten my original almost 8 months. that 33811 keep telling processing but not ready for collection
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by lupa74(f): 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
I don't even want to talk about it joo.

1 Like

Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Rekyz(m): 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
I don't need it any more. It's been 2 years since i applied. I still have the slip though.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Kollyk11(m): 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
its like the ppl called our leaders enjoy seeing us run helter skelter.dey always wanna see us run from pillar to post.if u know wat I went through just to reg for that card since 2011 becos I was told that no national id card no job for me.like wise bank verification,mtn reg,voters card and d rest.only God will judge dem all
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Kollyk11(m): 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
JFT24:
I got mine within a year after registration. Am sure is randomly processed. you will surely get yours soon. b patient
patience for what.do I really care.let dem eat it.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by spill(m): 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
I registered since December 12, 2012.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by greatman247(m): 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
As much as most Nigerians are not interested in this, they used Nigerian resources for it so all Nigerians is entitled to it. So therefore, all Nigerians must be issued one. That's my take on the matter. Gbam.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Amalision: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
I registered in 2012 and received an sms in march 2016 that it is ready for collection. However, I am yet to collect due to change of location
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Daraph(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
guiddoti:
must you shout ? omiobe

Who is shouting? I'm typing NOT talking.... Seems your cerebrum is moribund :/
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Obynolee(f): 9:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
dayolove:

CrazyG, it is not possible to successfully register twice into the National Identity Database as the system will definitely detect attempt to register twice which is also a criminal offence and is punishable by the Act establishing the NIMC. It is possible you did not complete the registration the first time you did and was not issued a NIN (National Identification Number) which is a randomly generated number issued to a particular individual and is not replicated. Once you have that number, your registration is complete and a print out handed over to you which contains your photo ID and the NIN. Another print out is given to you which shows you enrolled successfully but not issued the NIN - that is called the transaction slip while the other one is called the NIN slip. It is not something to boast about that you are yet to get your card a year plus after you registered but the Commission just like other government agency is facing challenges with capacity to produce these cards on a commercial quantity hence the delay being experienced. However, efforts are being made to attract funding to increase capacity so it doesnt take more than 3-6months to get the card after registration like it is done in some countries in West Africa.

Again, the emphasis has been on the number not necessarily the card. The card is only a token issued at after successfully being captured into the National Database which should act as the National Repository of databases for the nation. That number alone singles you out and you can truly be identified and verified without the card in the long run.

In the meanwhile, please send me a mail on lovedayo@yahoo.com and we can discuss further on this please.

Will the email aid in getting the card quickly?
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by tayo200(m): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
no
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by archangel1(m): 10:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
I think the easiest way to get it is to win an important electoral seat. before you know it, they will come with their staff to your house to present it to you with 'I beg sir'.
O my great country Nigeria.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by 99100(m): 6:39am On Jul 05, 2016
It's not worth the stress.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by abdussalam(m): 7:08am On Jul 05, 2016
I registered in 2013 and got mine in 2014
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by Omoluabi16(m): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
WHIZKIDEFE:
Pls what was the total cost you spent in getting your driver's licence?
normally, its less than 5k, if not free. But through the back door, considering urgency and all I spent 20k.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by orlawaley: 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
I applied for mine on March 2014
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by rasaqafape: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2016
How do I know if it ready. Naw.
Re: Have You Received Your National Identity Card? by karlboss: 7:33am On Nov 05, 2019
How do I get this national id card. The slip they gave me can't be used in banks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Sacks Abubakar Danladi Sani From Senate / Dino Melaye Gets N5m Bail Over Attempted Suicide / Charles Soludo Verified On Facebook (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.