Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

China Sentences Ex-presidential Aide To Life For Corruption - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Sentences Ex-presidential Aide To Life For Corruption (648 Views)

Cindy Lee Campaigns Topless As French Presidential Candidate (Photos) / China Jails Ex-presidential Aide For Life Over Corruption / Hissene Habre Sentenced To Life Imprisonment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Sentences Ex-presidential Aide To Life For Corruption by suyamasta(m): 10:09am On Jul 04, 2016
Former deputy head of China's national political
advisory body Ling Jihua was sentenced to life
imprisonment on Monday for taking bribes,
illegally obtaining state secrets and abuse of
power.
Ling accepted bribes totalling over 77.08 million
yuan (11.6 million U.S. dollars) personally and
through his family, according to the first-instance
ruling by the First Intermediate People's Court of
Tianjin.
He pled guilty and decided not to appeal, the
court said.
Ling was vice chairman of the 12th National
Committee of the Chinese People's Political
Consultative Conference and head of the United
Front Work Department of the Communist Party
of China Central Committee, before an
announcement at the end of 2014 that he was
under investigation.
"I accept all the charges and submit to the
judgement," Ling said in his final statement.
"Today's trial will be engraved in my memory."
He said the trial was "solemn, meticulous, rational
and civilized," embodying a combination of rule of
law and humanitarian treatment.
"I sincerely thank the court, the procuratorate and
[my] two attorneys," Ling said.

Source:http://english.cri.cn/12394/2016/07/04/3521s933030.htm

Re: China Sentences Ex-presidential Aide To Life For Corruption by dikeigbo2(m): 10:33am On Jul 04, 2016
Where the law is no respecter of person (s)....

1 Like

Re: China Sentences Ex-presidential Aide To Life For Corruption by MrDavidson: 10:57am On Jul 04, 2016
Hear him
"I accept all the charges and submit to the judgement," Ling said in his final statement.
"Today's trial will be engraved in my memory."
He said the trial was "solemn, meticulous, rational
and civilized," embodying a combination of rule of
law and humanitarian treatment.
"I sincerely thank the court, the procuratorate and
[my] two attorneys,"

He was even thanking the court that sentenced him to life in prison. And I'm cock-sure nobody will mobilize any protest on his behalf, saying 'He's our son, stop persecuting him'. May Nigerians be truly free from this blindfold of ethnicity. Now is the golden time to break free.

2 Likes

Re: China Sentences Ex-presidential Aide To Life For Corruption by suyamasta(m): 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
dikeigbo2:
Where the law is no respecter of person (s)....
Yes o
Re: China Sentences Ex-presidential Aide To Life For Corruption by suyamasta(m): 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
MrDavidson:
Hear him
He was even thanking the court that sentenced him to life in prison. And I'm cock-sure nobody will mobilize any protest on his behalf, saying 'He's our son, stop persecuting him'. May Nigerians be truly free from this blindfold of ethnicity. Now is the golden time to break free.
I wish we get there some day
Re: China Sentences Ex-presidential Aide To Life For Corruption by Adminisher: 12:00am On Jul 05, 2016
MrDavidson:
Hear him

The people who defend corrupt people are in a bad SPIRITUAL state. They can't even help it. It is a mixture of ethnicity and maudlin sentimentality for Jonathan. They know the man and his people are guilty as he'll, he even admitted all in his closing speech but because the black man is sentimental, immature, soft, lazy, cowardly, irresolute and primitive, there is a lack of appreciation for hard acts necessary to clean up a system. 90 percent of these people would join a crowd to burn in the streets a teenager caught for stealing a few hundred naira but for a man who swore to defend the law and stole they would waste sympathy and emotion.
That is the FLESH lusting against SPIRIT.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Dream On Donald Trump And Hilary Clinton. / Police Arrest White Man For Murder Of Black Man / Shock: Ex-minister, Sentenced To Death For Corruption (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.