Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter (2869 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Paid The Highest Bribes To Supreme Court Justices: Sahara Reporter / NNPC: Why Kachikwu Was Removed As GMD / Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by shegfun(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
esident Muhammadu Buhari has sacked Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu as the group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and replaced him with Maikanti Baru. In a press statement issued today in Abuja, the president office stated that Kachikwu as the minister for State for Petroleum will now be the chairman of the Board of the NNPC.

See full statement below:

PRESIDENT BUHARI APPROVES NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR NNPC

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the composition of the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), as provided for under Section 1(2) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Act of 1997, as amended.
The new board is composed of the following:
A. Chairman-Dr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, Honourable Minister of State for Petroleum;
B. Group Managing Director- Dr Maikanti Kacalla Baru;
C. The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance; and
D. The following six persons:
1. Mallam Abba Kyari
2. Dr Thomas M.A John
3. Dr Pius O. Akinyelure
4. Dr Tajuddeen Umar
5. Mallam Mohammed Lawal, and
6. Mallam Yusuf Lawal.
President Buhari urges the new board to ensure the successful delivery of the mandate of the NNPC, " and serve the nation by upholding the public trust placed on them in managing this critical national asset."

FEMI ADESINA
Special Adviser
(Media and Publicity)
July 4, 2016

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by naijaguy77: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
I dey laugh o.

Mallam everywhere

Source - http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/04/buhari-sacks-kachickwu-gmd-nnpc

Just be be clear, for those asking: Chairman is a non-executive post (part time), so essentially a figure head with little power. The main post is GMD, the GMD is the Chief Executive Officer. So yes, this is a demotion.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by Beremx(f): 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
Kachikwu has performed woefully. let's see what the next person will do.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by yns4real: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
Change is inevitable for better results. #IstandwithBuhari
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by Genius100: 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
How is this a sack? He is now the chairman of the board

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by lightheart(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
From GMD to Chairman? And still the minister, for crissakes!
Na sack abi promotion be that
Abi my English comprehension don dey rusty ni

Even Sahara Reporters? That's in bad taste!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by SeverusSnape(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has sacked Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu as the group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and replaced him with Maikanti Baru.

I came to look at the name of the person he replaced him with, And I wasn't disappointed, Buhari can't conceal his nepotism. Since southerners aren't qualified, according to zombies, Let him continue appointing the core northerners who are more qualified.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by biikeys(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
It was going to happen

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by cupid4ig(m): 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
But liar Muhammed still has a job

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by Frankiss44(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
It was long expected.. Dude can't hold two sensitive positions

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by SSPX(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
buhari no dey disappoint zombies ntoor unu

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by olatade(m): 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
He is no longer the MD but remains a minister petroleum.
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by raker300: 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
Beremx:
perform how? Is he the minister? He's just carrying out buhari's bidding.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by myqel(m): 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
The dullard never dissapoints

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by olatade(m): 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
I don't just understand my people from south east. You want Biafra yet you're all crying for zoo appointments. When Nigerian issues are being mentioned they will be the first to rush with insultive comments. This is not how Britain exited from EU naaah! Or are you guys joking with Biafra exit ni?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by hucienda: 6:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
Northocracy ti take ova!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by jmichlins(m): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
As usual my brothers from the north are trusted. This person you sacked did what three presidents could not do in nigeria. Deregulate the petroleum sector and you paid him back with sack while we have minister of darkness still working with all powers belonging to GOD

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by iflywithbuhari(f): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
olatade:
He is no longer the MD but remains a minister petroleum.
He is now acting in the role of the queen of England. All titles and no power. He will be relieved of his role as the minister of state for Petroleum soon. Emeifiele will also be sacked soon.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by jlinkd78(m): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
f
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by 1wolex85: 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I came to look at the name of the person he replaced him with, And I wasn't disappointed, Buhari can't conceal his nepotism. Since southerners aren't qualified, according to zombies, Let him continue appointing the core northerners who are more qualified.

Why are you like this. The chairman is from the south, where did you expect the GMD to come from? As for the other board members, why do people lump the 3 regions in the north together.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by Inspectahdeck(m): 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
Sack?

These bloggers are so dumb
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by vedaxcool(m): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
He wasn't sacked he only was overseeing NNPC pending a substantive appointment was made. This will allow proper oversight from the ministry and the board.
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by modath(f): 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
Beremx:

Ibe lost me when i heard something through the grapevine , he also advocated negotiating with destroyers and capped it by dragging Amaechi in Public.. That was in bad faith..... Wish Bubu had gone for SSner though, but wished aren't horses..

How Baby O? You nko?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by Mynd44: 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
Does buhari think? The one performing minister among the lot y demote or even sack him.when u have NGIGE not knowing what his job entails.when u have fashola that has turned nigeria to d land of darkness. when you have lia mohamed spiting lies everyday and telling us the best job for us is to dress masquerade u remove kachiku.smh for buhari ooo

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by vedaxcool(m): 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
[s]
naijaguy77:
I dey laugh o.

Mallam everywhere

Source - http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/04/buhari-sacks-kachickwu-gmd-nnpc

Just be be clear, for those asking: Chairman is a non-executive post (part time), so essentially a figure head with little power. The main post is GMD, the GMD is the Chief Executive Officer. So yes, this is a demotion.
[/s]

How can someone hold both the position of Minister and GMD of NNPC? The intention was never for him to remain GMD but to reposition NNPC then act as an oversight for it. Chairman is not a figure head and do you even know the powers a board wield in any organization? Abeg desist from misinforming the public.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by youngeagle(m): 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
Position for another Musa or Ibrahim.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by Chienex24(m): 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
nna buhari maka y?
dis govt is 4 d north... Ndi igbo shine ur eyes..
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by chukel(m): 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is just part 1. He will still be sacked as state minister. I knew he was out when he opposed amaechi in akwaibom town hall meeting. It's unfortunate this government is sentimental and a bit parochial. I expect northerners all over nnpc. No form of meritocracy in this government. The end will always justify the means.
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by Ojiofor: 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
Beremx:
Is your president performing?
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by ElCount: 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Kachikwu is officially the figurehead who takes the blame for
any mishap.

That dude should just resign and save the little good name
he has left, because things are about to go south real fast for
him

Well wetin concern me? Who chairman epp?
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Sacks Kachickwu As GMD Of NNPC-- Sahara Reporter by Beremx(f): 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
modath:

Ibe lost me when i heard something through the grapevine , he also advocated negotiating with destroyers and capped it by dragging Amaechi in Public.. That was in bad faith..... Wish Bubu had gone for SSner though, but wished aren't horses..

How Baby O? You nko?
you're right. A southerner should have replaced Kachikwu.

OssyMalik is fine. He's sitting perfectly now and learning to crawl.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Governorship Election Results Presentation / Woman Gives Birth To 5 Kids After 10years Of Marriage In Calabar [PHOTOS] / Breaking Data: Hausa Have Never Ruled Nigeria;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.