Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) (63066 Views)

RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) / Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today / Solomon Dalung Meets His Classmate At Airport In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Arsenate(m): 8:31am On Jul 05, 2016
onepluone:

Since wen? For where? See Thief! Ole!

U will return all the oil money lagos have collected till date and those invested by Federal Gov wen it was the federal capital.

Then all oil company based in Lagos must return to NigerDelta or lose their oil facilities. We dont want Lagos or one Nigeria scam.

Carry Lagos dey go ur way, all the way to Oduduwa republi. bastard!
I'm not the source of your problems or frustration. I'm neither a lagosian nor Yoruba. I just responded to your earlier post which implied that Lagos does not have oil. They do. Nothing you or your ilks or your useless rants on nairaland can do about it.
You guys claim to be educated but you just keep embarrassing yourselves all over the place with your utter unintelligent posts.
I'll also advise that you take it easy before you burst an artery or something
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by shaybebaby(f): 9:47am On Jul 05, 2016
ba7man:
They will be shot dead one by one if they try it.

We know where they live and it will be great excuse to bulldoze their shanties and build nice estates in their place.

They can't keep trooping into the state in thousands and expect the govt to provide for them, their activities must be discouraged.

They can try other states now.
Fair enough but is there any support from the state to establish a new means of livelihood for these people once they are dispossessed?
You want them to be relocated, fine but surely working with the government of their indegenous states to help them survive should be in the pipeline.
Avenues for them to learn new skills that might be in demand in other states, are there state owned farms where these people can be employed, subsidised accomodation for them and mist importantly, documentation of these individuals so it is easier to track them, once they are in employment or earning, they can start to give back to the govt through tax revenues collected.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by cangoallnyt: 9:56am On Jul 05, 2016
Itzurboi:
Y u dy follow ham talk, we go turn ham to goat, begin dy hawk ham 4 street, then he would understand the feeling of the less priviledge...
cheesy
Itzurboi:
Y u dy follow ham talk, we go turn ham to goat, begin dy hawk ham 4 street, then he would understand the feeling of the less priviledge...
d guy vex me gaan nii
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by themanderon: 10:22am On Jul 05, 2016
one day just one day, the poor will have nothing to eat but the rich. They just Increased the number of criminals in Lagos whether they know it or not. The storm clouds are gathering.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by freshinko: 10:31am On Jul 05, 2016
Chaii!! My Naija peeps dey suffer oo. Govt govern well, ameliorate d suffering of the poor masses, corruption will cloud their senses. The Masses, in desperation to overcome starvation and kwashiorkor engages in meagre businesses on the streets with revenue and tax payments in most cases. Now govt is sacking them, where will dey go from there? They will embrace crime. I only wish that d criminals will not compound the sufferings of poor people, they should face govt. When that is done, trust masses they will not be given jungle justice.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by kcee112: 11:00am On Jul 05, 2016
Seen shocked shocked and Ok! But what is the alternate means ??
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by jufee007(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2016
kcee112:
Seen shocked shocked and Ok! But what is the alternate means ??
. My point exactly.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Iriruaga100(m): 11:37am On Jul 05, 2016
With d current economic realities on ground, one govt still av d nerve to ban street hawking. How will they survive n what are d alternatives put in place? Laws are made in this country to benefit d rich nt d poor.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by ba7man(m): 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
shaybebaby:

Fair enough but is there any support from the state to establish a new means of livelihood for these people once they are dispossessed?
You want them to be relocated, fine but surely working with the government of their indegenous states to help them survive should be in the pipeline.
Avenues for them to learn new skills that might be in demand in other states, are there state owned farms where these people can be employed, subsidised accomodation for them and mist importantly, documentation of these individuals so it is easier to track them, once they are in employment or earning, they can start to give back to the govt through tax revenues collected.
They keep flooding into the State everyday at an alarming rate.

It will eventually lead to a humanitarian disaster with how they flood in and providing a solution to their presence encourages more to flood in.

This mass migration has to be discouraged and not managed It's sad but to be logical, it has to be greatly reduced.

Other states recieve allocations similar to Lagos but their residents and destitute's top destination is Lagos.

Lagos is far more crowded now than you remember it to be.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Taryur3(m): 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
ba7man:
When he was having unprotected sex and giving birth like a rat, he should have thought about that.
Lols...as him wife no gree nko

1 Like

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Khez: 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
useless governor ,instead to employ more road sweepers ,this here catching poor people trying to survive

i hope he makes second term with his fat belly cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by shafanik: 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
I'm Yoruba but don't see the rational behind this law.
Or, maybe Ambo is trying to impress the women that interviewed him when he made the announcement?
Maybe another show of power to those ladies by suppressing the poor masses?
Just thinking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CCTV Footage Of Unknown Gunmen Attack On Army Checkpoint In Ebonyi (Pics, Video) / Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra / Photos Of President Buhari Performing Umrah In Saudi Arabia Get Many Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.