Stats: 3,151,941 members, 7,814,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) (62989 Views)

RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) / Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today / Solomon Dalung Meets His Classmate At Airport In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by BermudaTriangle(m): 1:48am On Jul 05, 2016
TheNewIbadan:
[size=18pt]There's a reason why many ibos aint online today.

The fanyogo street hawkers have been arrested embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed[/size]

Cooling their feet inside cells ?

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by BermudaTriangle(m): 1:52am On Jul 05, 2016
They dared destroy those beautiful buses. They must pay. They are not happy at the progress of Lagos.
I foresee mass exodus of undesirables from Lagos.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by VickyRotex(f): 2:07am On Jul 05, 2016
notoriousbabe:
No wonder I no see VickyRotex Aminat508 funjosh and osusumustflow for market today. Ambode don arrest dem and send dem go better prison wey big pass nairaland own cheesy

Yeyenatu!!! angry
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Pavarottii(m): 2:11am On Jul 05, 2016
ba7man:
It's quite painful but it's time for some people to return to their various states or think of other means of generating income. sad sad sad

The fact that they've been left for so long has increased them to embarrassing numbers.
U return to ur state first.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by ademusiwa5: 2:24am On Jul 05, 2016
Do you have stores for them. No.

If you have no stores for them and you have no job for them, how do they survive.

You don't say people are posting pictures on the internet and allow people to suffer. Do you want the to steal.
The reason lagos lack money. Is that you need to remove the local government.

The city of Toronto is as big as lagos, new York is bigger than lagos, but run under one local authority.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by notoriousbabe: 2:25am On Jul 05, 2016
Funjosh:

tongue tongue tongue
who borrow you fone for prison?
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by notoriousbabe: 2:26am On Jul 05, 2016
VickyRotex:

Yeyenatu!!! angry
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Taryur3(m): 2:45am On Jul 05, 2016
How man with 18 children go take survive this hardship for Ambode government now

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by onyxo76(m): 3:11am On Jul 05, 2016
Sometimes people forget about the consequences of their present actions, they destroyed 49 buses which help to at least ease some transport burdens of their fellow lagosians because a hawker was knocked down, now Ambode has come out with a ban on street hawking and people are complaining.
Although i would have loved if there was an alternative provided for these hawkers,this ban will do Lagos some good, if you have ever had knocked down a fellow who just dashed across your path while driving, nobody will even want to hear anything, next thing is that your car would have turned to ashes by an angry mob.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by VickyRotex(f): 3:15am On Jul 05, 2016
notoriousbabe:

I steal am tongue
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by deltateam: 3:39am On Jul 05, 2016
DanceVille:
Importexport.. You be Ghost?

Nice policy buh how would they survive when they can't even build a shop nor rent.

In this current harsh economy, you can't even afford to rent a shop in Lagos.

This is just like snatching one's life.

This gonna results to more Violence in the state.

I think it's high time some traders left to their various state of origin.

Madness dey worry you. I guess you are part of Ambode's cronies and you just revealed your plans to drive other ethnic groups out of Lagos and leave it for who?
Nairalanders be the judge of this matter.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by snazzyroro: 3:58am On Jul 05, 2016
Why this, will you feed them. Niaja sha, i pray God be with the people involve.. help your loyal boy snazzy by watching "when you are high on cocaine powder and dope by snazzy on youtube" very funny skit just to make you laugh or smile depending on where you place your mind... track by snazzy - powder(panda cover)..
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by itsmaleekbaby(m): 5:06am On Jul 05, 2016
DanceVille:
Importexport.. You be Ghost?

Nice policy buh how would they survive when they can't even build a shop nor rent.

In this current harsh economy, you can't even afford to rent a shop in Lagos.

This is just like snatching one's life.

This gonna results to more Violence in the state.

I think it's high time some traders left to their various state of origin.

They weren't asked not to hawk but not on the street. They can hawk inside a major market. They should bring the violence, my Lagos doesn't condone nonsense.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by gonkraziiiiii: 5:47am On Jul 05, 2016
I kno life is hard but how can u destroy does brt buses Na d gov don vex oooo....
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by delishpot: 6:28am On Jul 05, 2016
ajasa4link:
This is a welcome development...... More arrests should be made, the young ones among them should be taken to welfare, while the older ones should be taken to detention centres where they can learn a particular trade/ handwork. This should however come with a prize, they should be made to farmand the produce should be sold by the government to generate more internal generated revenue which can then be re invested in the society at large. If it is done this way, the government will succeed in saving more lives, ensuring the hawkers get empowered and also make some little cash

Government to RE-INVEST grin grin grin for this naija? Hahahahaha, abeg if you want them to punish Dem just say so. No need to make excuses or justify why you said they should be punished. We all know that the long story you chant up there will never happen in naija.
Even prisons have not succeeded in feeding the prisoners with descent food from their own farms Na hawkers? Hahaha, let me tell you something while I was serving, the NYSC officials share our meat and sell in mammy market. Believe me, throughout my stay in Camp, did not eat 1 piece of meat in my food. That is how evil Nigerians are when they happen to be in position of power. They loot and steal and care only for themselves. So leave all that talk as we know Nigerian leaders do not care for the people if there won't be any money entering their pockets from the project or deal.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by ba7man(m): 6:47am On Jul 05, 2016
Pavarottii:

U return to ur state first.
I be isale-eko guy............ undecided

The worst that can happen is I'll be made head of a task force to identify people for deportation.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by ba7man(m): 6:49am On Jul 05, 2016
Taryur3:
How man with 18 children go take survive this hardship for Ambode government now
When he was having unprotected sex and giving birth like a rat, he should have thought about that.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by ba7man(m): 6:53am On Jul 05, 2016
deltateam:

Madness dey worry you. I guess you are part of Ambode's cronies and you just revealed your plans to drive other ethnic groups out of Lagos and leave it for who?
Nairalanders be the judge of this matter.
Lagos is not for everyone.

There are Niger Delta states that recieve more money than Lagos, can't those states take up responsibility of taking Care of them?

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by eyeview: 6:54am On Jul 05, 2016
isan:
Time for Igbos to go back to isreal and hawk gala in the traffic
Sir,incidentally most of the street traders in those mentioned places are those from neighbouring yoruba states who have turned their back on their states to claim lagosians

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by ba7man(m): 6:59am On Jul 05, 2016
wristbangle:
Even though I support the implementation of this ban, alternate means suppose to be provided for these hawkers to survive.
Why must it be always Lagos state to provide for the thousands of people trooping in?

You help the first set and more will be encouraged to come into the state with the mentality that the state will provide for them.

This law will discourage mass migration to Lagos a bit which will help return a bit of sanity to the state...... just like the okada ban.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by eyeview: 7:01am On Jul 05, 2016
isan:
everybody knows igbo dominate traffic market in lagos
Very wrong assumption.
I have seen KAI officials arrest these people severally,you could see that they are mostly yoruba women and men weeping and wailing in yoruba for mercy.
Every yoruba man now turning their back on their state and claiming lagosian now. I guess you are not even from lagos state yourself.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by joekine: 7:05am On Jul 05, 2016
mekonglobal:
During campaign they will gather them to vote for them, after they hv won, they make a law baning them from their means of livelihood...hmmm Nigeria leaders...hmmm be wise oo
cry cry[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by ba7man(m): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2016
musicwriter:

1. The poor that voted Ambode to power.
2. The needy who don't want to beg, but prefer to hawk to make ends meet.
3. The lowly who have no educational qualification to get a job.
4. The helpless who want to survive by honest means instead of robbery.

I will encourage these hawkers to try robbery in Lagos state, if possible target the politicians that want them dead.
They will be shot dead one by one if they try it.

We know where they live and it will be great excuse to bulldoze their shanties and build nice estates in their place.

They can't keep trooping into the state in thousands and expect the govt to provide for them, their activities must be discouraged.

They can try other states now.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Itzurboi(m): 7:18am On Jul 05, 2016
Vendoor:
Painful... on top this hardship.

9ja government and their non-chalant attitude towards the legit striving citizen of this country be like lalastica and nairaland lipsrsealed
Vendoor:
Painful... on top this hardship.

9ja government and their non-chalant attitude towards the legit striving citizen of this country be like lalastica and nairaland
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by notoriousbabe: 7:30am On Jul 05, 2016
VickyRotex:

I steal am tongue
eyaaaaaaaa you don join bad gang for plison
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Skipuru(m): 7:37am On Jul 05, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

You guys sound so confused. one Ibo says most of the hawkers are Yorubas, this one is saying Yorubas are too lazy to hawk. grin grin grin grin

Y'all know who the real hawkers are. Go back to the east to hawk if you can't conform to Lagos' rule and regulations.
dreamer, but one day.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Itzurboi(m): 7:42am On Jul 05, 2016
cangoallnyt:

u are a pathetic bastar.d ..
pple re out der tryin to make a living nd u are calling them goats..
i repeat it again..u are a stinking fool
how can smbdy be dz senseless!
Y u dy follow ham talk, we go turn ham to goat, begin dy hawk ham 4 street, then he would understand the feeling of the less priviledge...
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by smoothlips(m): 7:58am On Jul 05, 2016
johnmartus:
They are all goat serve them the punishment they deserve
Na waaah ooooo!!! Finally u have gotten that 15k salary job, street hawkers are now goats?

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by nkemjacob2(m): 8:10am On Jul 05, 2016
goodlifehyd:
This is a welcome development thou, lots of traffic robbers pretend to be hawkers, and some of this hawkers destroy roads just to create traffic so they could sell, this set of people are responsible for most of the dirts on the street, they sometimes empty this dirts in the gutters which cause flood
u dont no what u re talking about
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by nkemjacob2(m): 8:15am On Jul 05, 2016
Blind government.
U all voted for change, here comes the change.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:16am On Jul 05, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Really! With the way things are going robbery might increase

Then they will meet a bad end.

In street hawking, Vehicles will kill them..

In robbery, The Police, Vigilantes and The streets will kill them.

If there only options are hawking or robbery, then let's just wish them a peaceful rest beyond the grave cos na death sure pass..
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:17am On Jul 05, 2016
nkemjacob2:
u dont no what u re talking about

Actually he does..

People Celebrate Orji Kalu's Supreme Court Victory In Abia (Photos) / Obama And Buhari: Guess What The Two Presidents Were Discussing (Photo) / Dino Melaye On Christmas Vacation With His Children And Father (Pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)