Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site (1231 Views)

Argentinian Submarine: Missing Crew Killed In Underwater Explosion / Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra. / Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site - BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by saintdeby(m): 2:38am On Jul 05, 2016
A suicide bomber has killed four security officers and injured five others near one of Islam's holiest sites in the Saudi city of Medina, according to the interior ministry.
The bomber detonated his explosives after being stopped outside the Prophet's Mosque, a statement said.
The mosque is the burial place of the Prophet Muhammad and Medina the second-holiest city in Islam after Mecca.
Suicide blasts also struck two other Saudi cities on Monday.
That an attack happened in Medina at such a place is likely to leave Muslims around the world aghast, BBC World Service's Middle East editor, Alan Johnston, says.
Suspicion is likely to fall on so-called Islamic State (IS), he adds.
Al-Arabiya gave a different account of the incident, saying the bomber had targeted the security officers by pretending he wanted to break his Ramadan fast with them.
Qari Ziyaad Patel, 36, from South Africa, who was in the mosque, told the Associated Press news agency people had at first thought it was the sound of the cannon fire that marks the breaking of fast.
The ground shook, he said, adding: "The vibrations were very strong. It sounded like a building imploded."
Earlier, at least one explosion rocked Qatif, an eastern city which is home to many minority Shia Muslims.
The blast appeared to target a Shia mosque. The attacker was killed but no other casualties were reported.
A suspected suicide bomber also died after detonating a device near the US consulate in the city of Jeddah. Two security officers were slightly injured as they tackled the man, but no-one else was hurt.
No-one has yet said they were behind any of the attacks.
They come with the holy month of Ramadan drawing to a close and ahead of the Eid al-Fitr holiday.
Saudi Arabia has been the target of attacks by IS over the past two years.
In June, the interior ministry said there had been 26 "terror attacks" in the kingdom in that time.
A series of deadly attacks worldwide were either claimed by, or blamed on, IS over the past week:
A suicide gun and bomb attack targeted Istanbul airport on 28 June, killing 45 people.
Attackers struck a cafe in Bangladesh's capital, Dhaka, last Friday night . Twenty hostages and two policemen were killed.
A massive truck bomb in Iraq's capital, Baghdad, on Sunday left at least 165 people dead.
Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by Obijulius: 2:45am On Jul 05, 2016
The Devil has finally taken his suicide bombers to his base on earth.

Saudi Arabia is the home of this demonic religion.

God should not allow the many innocents in Saudi to die without realizing that their is a right way to worship him.

What a Cursed Religion

14 Likes

Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by Osgilliat(m): 4:06am On Jul 05, 2016
What kind of a religion is this sef. It doesn't give room for peace, only death. They are even killing themselves in their so called holy city.

2 Likes

Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by uniklinkum(m): 4:10am On Jul 05, 2016
Obijulius:

God should not allow the many innocents in Saudi to die without realizing that their is a right way to worship him.

What a Cursed Religion

This is outright insensitivity and same extremist mindsets with the bombers. I pray you travel world over and free your myopic mind from stereotyping and obvious little man mentality.

14 Likes

Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by ascaris(m): 4:12am On Jul 05, 2016
Terrorists everywhere these days.

2 Likes

Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by vedaxcool(m): 4:17am On Jul 05, 2016
[s]
Obijulius:

What a Cursed Religion
[/s]

Are you now the devil's agent celebrating his works?

10 Likes

Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by waldigit: 4:17am On Jul 05, 2016
Obijulius:

What a Cursed Religion

Revelation 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by sumborri: 5:35am On Jul 05, 2016
It has become clear that these radicalists must be brought to a round table discussion and given what they want. Let them have a taste of it and realise that such extremism in reality is an unpalatable pill
Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by chriskosherbal(m): 5:42am On Jul 05, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by cirmuell(m): 5:47am On Jul 05, 2016
waldigit:

Revelation 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Ode, keep quoting the Bible out of context. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by Damsonkc(m): 5:48am On Jul 05, 2016
Obijulius:

What a Cursed Religion

Why are you slow like this? That you will ignore the good Muslims around and use a tiny fragment to judge Islam is wrong. Calling a religion you know little about demonic is wrong. Respect others ways of life. And if I may ask, what is the right way to worship a being whose existence you can never prove beyond every reasonable doubt?

At OP, the bomb blast in Turkey was at Ataturk Airport, not Istanbul. I doubt the authenticity of this news.

2 Likes

Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 05, 2016
Obijulius:

What a Cursed Religion
[size=35pt]
GUY AS A TRUE CHRISTIAN...THE NUMBER 1 RULE ON YOUR LIST SHOULD BE///THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE LEAST YOU BE JUDGED
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by batstan(m): 5:50am On Jul 05, 2016
cool
I am the devil's brother in-law.
Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by madapcmod: 5:57am On Jul 05, 2016
They are not Muslims, they are from west sponsored by Americans to spoil Islam name - says Al-takiya Muslims
Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by sinkhole: 6:07am On Jul 05, 2016
Damsonkc:

Why are you slow like this? That you will ignore the good Muslims around and use a tiny fragment to judge Islam is wrong. Calling a religion you know little about demonic is wrong. Respect others ways of life. And if I may ask, what is the right way to worship a being whose existence you can never prove beyond every reasonable doubt?

At OP, the bomb blast in Turkey was at Ataturk Airport, not Istanbul. I doubt the authenticity of this news.
They were good muslims when they bombed christians celebrating christmass in Pakistan (I doubt if you remember that!), they were good muslims when they hacked a bhudist priest to death in his temple in Bangladesh! But now they are bad muslims because they are bombing Saudi? I will not be suprised if you soon claim, as usual, that the bombing was carried out by CIA and MOSSAD!

3 Likes

Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 05, 2016
@Obijulius is not entirely wrong. The mvslims who condemn isis are SHIA whereas nearly %95 SUNNIS mvslims have sympathy for those cannibals.
Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by waldigit: 7:14am On Jul 05, 2016
cirmuell:
Ode, keep quoting the Bible out of context. undecided
I have checked your profile, so it's not the time and effort.
Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by cirmuell(m): 7:16am On Jul 05, 2016
waldigit:

I have checked your profile, so it's not the time and effort.
mumu, you made a fool of yourself. undecided
Re: Medina Explosion: Suicide Bombing Near Saudi Holy Site by tartar9(m): 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
sinkhole:
They were good muslims when they bombed christians celebrating christmass in Pakistan (I doubt if you remember that!), they were good muslims when they hacked a bhudist priest to death in his temple in Bangladesh! But now they are bad muslims because they are bombing Saudi? I will not be suprised if you soon claim, as usual, that the bombing was carried out by CIA and MOSSAD!
What's this d*ckhole saying undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pro Russian Donetsk Soldiers Decide To Stop Fighting For Russia. Video / Hamas In SA: "Israel Has Destroyed The Two-state Solution" (PIX) / Rsa Dr Invents Condoms With Teeth To Fight Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.